200 years of Karl Marx

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: 200 years of Karl Marx

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 May 2018, 21:45

Toby wrote:Well, the classic Marxian rebuttal to the somewhat compelling evidence of his ideas having failed is that "the right conditions haven't been met yet". For such a great writer perhaps he should have been clearer.

Isn't that a bit like saying Mohammed was wrong because look at these repressive Islamic theocracies?
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 May 2018, 00:53

Snarfyguy wrote:
Toby wrote:Well, the classic Marxian rebuttal to the somewhat compelling evidence of his ideas having failed is that "the right conditions haven't been met yet". For such a great writer perhaps he should have been clearer.

Isn't that a bit like saying Mohammed was wrong because look at these repressive Islamic theocracies?

Or Jesus failed because of the Spanish Inquisition.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 May 2018, 05:03

^^^ Well, I have to confess I haven't read Marx - I haven't even read all of this thread. It just seems like cheating to blame a writer/thinker for his (future) apologists.

That would seem to conflate those who claim him with him himself.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.