200 years of Karl Marx

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: 200 years of Karl Marx

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 May 2018, 21:45

Toby wrote:Well, the classic Marxian rebuttal to the somewhat compelling evidence of his ideas having failed is that "the right conditions haven't been met yet". For such a great writer perhaps he should have been clearer.

Isn't that a bit like saying Mohammed was wrong because look at these repressive Islamic theocracies?
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 May 2018, 00:53

Snarfyguy wrote:
Toby wrote:Well, the classic Marxian rebuttal to the somewhat compelling evidence of his ideas having failed is that "the right conditions haven't been met yet". For such a great writer perhaps he should have been clearer.

Isn't that a bit like saying Mohammed was wrong because look at these repressive Islamic theocracies?

Or Jesus failed because of the Spanish Inquisition.
And sometimes I ride on bus x82, say what!

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 May 2018, 05:03

^^^ Well, I have to confess I haven't read Marx - I haven't even read all of this thread. It just seems like cheating to blame a writer/thinker for his (future) apologists.

That would seem to conflate those who claim him with him himself.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.