Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare
hounds people off the board

RIP Eric Bristow

Postby Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare » 05 Apr 2018, 23:14

I saw him on a documentary last night!

Thick as fuck.

RIP.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... rpool-echo
Betty Denim wrote:As for Patti Smith, now there’s an insufferable cunt. The most pretentious, tedious, bag of incomprehensible self-important shit with all the charm and intelligence of Bungle from Rainbow.

Harry Webster

Re: RIP Eric Bristow

Postby Harry Webster » 05 Apr 2018, 23:23

Some say he was a great ambassador for darts. I say that's undervaluing him -he was a great ambassador for Great Britain!
Play hard, Play to win

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 05 Apr 2018, 23:35

That is sad.

I interviewed him at a darts tournament in Lelystad back in 1988 for my final TV-journalism documentary exam...I had showed up unannounced to shoot some footage for my film.
I arrived at the venue at 10am and started shooting some footage of the players practising I heard Bristow shout out "what is this guy doing here? "- after explaining who and what he cordially invited me to having a swig from the bottle of whisky on the table and was happy to be interviewed as well. He was funny, very articulate and helpful.
Incidentally, the movie was about getting young players in a marginal sport to achieve their dreams of becoming professionals and breaking the cycle of not getting airtime on TV and subsequently, not getting sponsorships to devote their time practising. The subject of my movie was the young and talented Raymond van Barneveld.....

RIP Crafty Cockney.
Last edited by never/ever on 05 Apr 2018, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 05 Apr 2018, 23:35

I remember seeing him on TV my first trip to England. I was totally unfamiliar with darts and it totally bemused me that it was on TV.

I grew to love darts and was in a bar league for several years back home.
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

K

Postby K » 06 Apr 2018, 09:24

“When Alexander the Great was 33 he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer. Bristow is only 27.”
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

nev gash
cultural defective

Postby nev gash » 06 Apr 2018, 09:25

RIP to Eric and his demons,
Hodgson wrote:You just have to face reality that you are not well liked by some people here. Not necessarily people who will shout on the BCB cunt threads,but posters who are well liked by all and who get on with the business of posting to threads when they want

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 06 Apr 2018, 12:56

Just watched the end of the Peter Wright Daryl Gurney match, and Snakebite in floods of tears got me going too :cry: :cry:

I came to darts only very recently, but I still knew the name Eric Bristow. One of those figures that transcends the sport they're in.

R.I.P.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 06 Apr 2018, 13:07

I am amazed he was only 60. Even as a young man he seemed really old.