Snacking

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Ranking Ted

Re: Snacking

Postby Ranking Ted » 30 Mar 2018, 20:52

I used to be really virtuous about all this stuff - regular gym visits, football, limited snacking, keeping weight down - largely to accommodate weekly booze binges. Nowadays, I do what I have to do to get through the day - and if that means a Mars bar at lunch or a massive bag of crisps when I’m working at night, so be it. Thing is, the booze binges are also a thing of the past. Progress, huh?

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 30 Mar 2018, 21:08

I am concerned about my weight- I do tend to over eat and at times it does make me balloon up, I don;t want to get diabetes or cancer, having seen the effects of that on my family.
I am blessed with good health so far but to make a few simple steps to stay that way shouldn't be hard. But, surprisingly it is.
Markus is right so far, it seems that some of the snacking is a form of self-congratulation or mostly habit- we always had coffee after dinner in the family and to accompany that we had cookies and chocolate.
The best way to stop it is not to buy it- you can't eat what you don't have.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Mar 2018, 22:08

When I was a teenager I pretended to potential suitors that I didn't eat much as I felt it would be suggestive of a lack of control. I could keep it under wraps for so long and then they would find me at third sitting for school lunch when I had already had first sitting.

There's nothing duller than pretending you don't want a bag of crisps in front of someone you fancy when all you want to do is eat crisps.

Life's perfect harmony happens when you can sit and eat Skips together without worrying about what anyone thinks.

I wish I had known when I was a teenager that the really great people I was pursuing would be the ones who would be happy I was eating a bag of crisps.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?