Which second choice group would you rather be in?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Which group?

White ASP/C
0
No votes
Jew
0
No votes
Middle Eastern Muslim
0
No votes
Black
0
No votes
Indian Asian
0
No votes
Asian asian
1
14%
Native American
1
14%
Pacific Islander
4
57%
Inuit
1
14%
 
Total votes: 7

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 14952
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby Jimbo » 26 Mar 2018, 17:33

Louis CK has a funny bit where he is says he's happy he's a white man because life is just better for white folk. In this thread you have a choice which group you'd rather be in - other than the one you're already in? Remember, you are what you are only by chance. You could have just as easily been born in another culture, another religion or have a different skin color.

Everyone is beautiful in their own way. :D
Gadfly

User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16441
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby gash on ignore » 26 Mar 2018, 17:41

Smart-mouthed Broad.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I could of course be talking bollocks... let's see what any musicians have to say


User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 15419
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby Belle Lettre » 26 Mar 2018, 18:57

Jimbo wrote:Louis CK has a funny bit where he is says he's happy he's a white man because life is just better for white folk. In this thread you have a choice which group you'd rather be in - other than the one you're already in? Remember, you are what you are only by chance. You could have just as easily been born in another culture, another religion or have a different skin color.

Everyone is beautiful in their own way. :D

There are Middle Eastern people who happen not to be Muslim.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 12635
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby Rayge » 26 Mar 2018, 19:00

And indeed Muslim nations in Europe, Africa and Asia.
methinks our Jimbo is bidding for first place in Goat Boy's poll.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37830
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Mar 2018, 19:08

This thread's gonna go great.

Also, what, no Latinx?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62457
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Mar 2018, 21:15

Count Machuki wrote:This thread's gonna go great.

Also, what, no Latinx?


Looks like he forgot the continent of Africa too.

Or is Black supposed to cover everyone including the diaspora?
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 5300
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby Darkness_Fish » 26 Mar 2018, 21:32

I thought this was going to be Kasabian vs Shed Seven.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 37830
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Mar 2018, 21:51

sloopjohnc wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:This thread's gonna go great.

Also, what, no Latinx?


Looks like he forgot the continent of Africa too.

Or is Black supposed to cover everyone including the diaspora?


"Hey, man, how come I only get one vote, cat?"

Image
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 46678
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby Quaco » 27 Mar 2018, 00:24

I've always found Inuit (I have read that they actually prefer the term Eskimo because Inuit is a specific branch and gives no credit to the others) peoples kind of fascinating, but I watched a film about their lives and I couldn't handle the pure-meat diet.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62457
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Mar 2018, 00:29

Quaco wrote:I've always found Inuit (I have read that they actually prefer the term Eskimo because Inuit is a specific branch and gives no credit to the others) peoples kind of fascinating, but I watched a film about their lives and I couldn't handle the pure-meat diet.


I think I saw the same film. I've re-watched it and I fast forward to the pure-meat parts.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

User avatar
Quaco
F R double E
Posts: 46678
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:41

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby Quaco » 27 Mar 2018, 00:34

Hubba hubba!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 14952
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby Jimbo » 27 Mar 2018, 02:06

Belle Lettre wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Louis CK has a funny bit where he is says he's happy he's a white man because life is just better for white folk. In this thread you have a choice which group you'd rather be in - other than the one you're already in? Remember, you are what you are only by chance. You could have just as easily been born in another culture, another religion or have a different skin color.

Everyone is beautiful in their own way. :D

There are Middle Eastern people who happen not to be Muslim.


Indeed. Apologies for not merely writing "Middle Eastern" but also for leaving off "Latino" and lastly for drunkenly starting the thread in the first place. :oops:
Gadfly

User avatar
zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over
Posts: 5177
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 07:42
Location: Screwball Cultural Center

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby zoomboogity » 27 Mar 2018, 05:24

I'll go with Illuminati. Not that you'd ever know if I did or not.
Image

"Quite."

User avatar
gash on ignore
cultural defective
Posts: 16441
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby gash on ignore » 27 Mar 2018, 09:17

Australian.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I could of course be talking bollocks... let's see what any musicians have to say


User avatar
Insouciant Western People
Posts: 24653
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 13:31
Location: The pit of propaganda

Re: Which second choice group would you rather be in?

Postby Insouciant Western People » 27 Mar 2018, 11:10

"Asian Asian"

:lol:
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.