Total votes: 282

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Re: BCBs current biggest cunts

Postby Belle Lettre » 13 Apr 2018, 13:30

nev gash wrote:BCBs biggest cock.

So boastful
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 13 Apr 2018, 13:31

I’m a BCB grower
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

wannabee enfant terrible
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby wannabee enfant terrible » 13 Apr 2018, 13:32

Goat Boy wrote:I’m a BCB growler

True
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 13 Apr 2018, 13:36

Goat Boy wrote:
never/ever wrote:
Belle Lettre wrote:Since you seem to have decided why she got the votes, why were you asking?

That is the only evidence I found, on Goat Boy's sig. That may have put one or two people off but not that many.
I was seriously asking.

To be clear her reply was in relation to a Copehead comment. Originally I (partially) quoted both Copeheads comment and her response because I was in agreement with Minnie. I have changed my signature - it’s a different Copehead quote - but Minnies reply remains

I have seen Minnie fire up before and only took that quote as an example of that, nothing else.
I just found it a bit weird to find her scoring so high in this poll-whether it is a joke or there is some fair issues with her, I don't know.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 13 Apr 2018, 13:43

I dunno. I don’t read too much into these polls.

I mean look at my votes and I’m BCB adorable
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

wannabee enfant terrible
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby wannabee enfant terrible » 13 Apr 2018, 13:47

Democracy manifest.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 13 Apr 2018, 14:54

nev gash wrote:BCBs biggest cock.

Thank you, but modesty prevents etc......
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 13 Apr 2018, 15:03

Rayge wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Plus as far as I’m aware China aren’t actively inteferrring in western elections and murdering people on our streets.

How many dead is it now?

Dodgy deaths on British soil linked to Russia is not a new thing but obviously in recent times you’ve had Litvinenko and the attempted murder of the Skripals. There are other ones that have a stink about them like German Gorbuntsov and Alexander Perepilichnyy. And that’s just in Britain of course. Of course one murder is one too many.

Rayge wrote:Who feels there has been a regression? And who was optimistic? I'm not being arsey here (well, no more than usual), it's just that I genuinely don't understand this point of view. What do we know of the lives of 'ordinary people' in Russia now, and whether they were better or worse when they were part of the Soviet Union? And are we talking the USSR of Stalin, Kruschev, Brezhnev or Gorbachev, all of them very different once you get past the bogeyman tag? Plus the USSR has been gone now a quarter century, and maybe those who were optimistic about it have done better.
I know I'm banging the same old drum, but really, why are we bothering to have strong opinions about something so remote from our own experience?

Well, I remember feeling optimism during that period - bear in mind I'm younger than you of course - and you had Yeltsin who seemed relatively harmless (also pissed). I'm sure there was dodgy stuff going on, especially around elections but compared to Putin he seemed pretty likeable and benign, you know?

Under Putin we've had ...

Widescale corruption amongst Russian athletes
Interference in western elections
Ukraine
Increasing influence of the church
Gay rights under attack, "propaganda" law.
Authoritarian bollocks
etc

I understand it's not like some of this stuff has never occurred before in Russia but, yeah, I do think thing are getting worse under Putin. What it's like in terms of general quality of life for your average Russian, I don't know. I imagine for gay Russians things are worse and there is a climate of real fear for example. Obviously people on the ground can see these things very differently and clearly many in Russia like a strong man who wrestles bears, rides bareback on horses and who sticks it to the West but then lots of people like prog too, you know?

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Apr 2018, 15:46

Goat Boy wrote:Well, I remember feeling optimism during that period - bear in mind I'm younger than you of course - and you had Yeltsin who seemed relatively harmless (also pissed). I'm sure there was dodgy stuff going on, especially around elections but compared to Putin he seemed pretty likeable and benign, you know?

Under Putin we've had ...

Widescale corruption amongst Russian athletes
Interference in western elections
Ukraine
Increasing influence of the church
Gay rights under attack, "propaganda" law.
Authoritarian bollocks
etc

I understand it's not like some of this stuff has never occurred before in Russia but, yeah, I do think thing are getting worse under Putin. What it's like in terms of general quality of life for your average Russian, I don't know. I imagine for gay Russians things are worse and there is a climate of real fear for example. Obviously people on the ground can see these things very differently and clearly many in Russia like a strong man who wrestles bears, rides bareback on horses and who sticks it to the West but then lots of people like prog too, you know?

OK, Dougie, you've obviously read, and care, more about this than I, so I'm going to withdraw with as much grace as I can muster and stop crapping this outstanding and insightful thread with politics :) . One thing, though, all those things happening/on the rise under Putin also apply to lots of other countries (except 'Ukraine', obvs) this century, albeit in different shapes. It's the times. Possibly :)
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Apr 2018, 18:37

Goat Boy wrote:
Rayge wrote:Who feels there has been a regression? And who was optimistic? I'm not being arsey here (well, no more than usual), it's just that I genuinely don't understand this point of view. What do we know of the lives of 'ordinary people' in Russia now, and whether they were better or worse when they were part of the Soviet Union? And are we talking the USSR of Stalin, Kruschev, Brezhnev or Gorbachev, all of them very different once you get past the bogeyman tag? Plus the USSR has been gone now a quarter century, and maybe those who were optimistic about it have done better.
I know I'm banging the same old drum, but really, why are we bothering to have strong opinions about something so remote from our own experience?

Well, I remember feeling optimism during that period - bear in mind I'm younger than you of course - and you had Yeltsin who seemed relatively harmless (also pissed). I'm sure there was dodgy stuff going on, especially around elections but compared to Putin he seemed pretty likeable and benign, you know?

Yeltsin was when it started to go seriously wrong, but certainly there was a feeling of optimism with Gorbachev.

wannabee enfant terrible
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby wannabee enfant terrible » 13 Apr 2018, 18:44

What’s Yeltsin’s username?

Wally Bingbang
Long Player

Postby Wally Bingbang » 13 Apr 2018, 19:04

VoddyLad33
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

wannabee enfant terrible
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby wannabee enfant terrible » 13 Apr 2018, 19:37

Cunt voted against me in the cup.

mission

Postby mission » 14 Apr 2018, 02:26

nev gash wrote:
mission wrote:
fange wrote:I bet it was you, clive - gash by name ... :x

I will not be intimidated by the cuntish likes of you - INXS did have some good songs, 70s funk was not largely landfill, and Billy Joel's back catalogue definitely doesn't deserve critical reappraisal.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjW00EbYGwQ

The only one I could find

Some cunts can’t even embed!

Not with these thumbs on this allegedly smart phone.
Good.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 16 Apr 2018, 05:34

nev gash wrote:Cunt voted against me in the cup.

Who didn't?

Look up here, I'm in heaven

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

wannabee enfant terrible
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby wannabee enfant terrible » 16 Apr 2018, 08:43

:P

wannabee enfant terrible
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby wannabee enfant terrible » 16 Apr 2018, 10:03

As it stands:

Gold Medal - Harris (18 votes)
Silver - Minx/Jimbo (15 votes)
Bronze - Goat/Gash (14 votes)
Bald - Hodgson (12 votes)

8-)

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 16 Apr 2018, 13:05

Samoan wrote:
The Modernist wrote:I hope the BCB misogynists are proud of themselves with their vote for Minnie.

Ta for raising the issue, G.
I'm afraid I didn't have the bottle to comment earlier on Why ("Goat Boy") she was on the list in the first place, (or why she got votes ) as I'd only have come across Miss Prunes and Prisms.
I'm not a fan of the word, used publically and derogatively where females are concerned.

I've been less than happy in the past when a bloke on the board called me that name and I had to wrestle a retraction +/- apology out of him.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, once you join in with a thread that announces itself fairly bluntly with 'the word in question', why should it matter what sex the accused is, and why is it necessarily a mysogynistic thing to vote for Minnie?
(To be clear, I didn't).
But, she voices her opinions as loudly as anyone else on the board, and is as quick to judge others as, for example, DD.
Is there a double standard?
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 16:44

Goat Boy wrote:I dunno. I don’t read too much into these polls.

I mean look at my votes and I’m BCB adorable

Mirror, mirror on the wall. . .

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Apr 2018, 16:50

I don't get the misogyny comment by Modernist on Minnie. Granted, there aren't many female members on here, but if the poll included all the woman and a few guys, I would think the claim is justified.

It's like 20 dudes and one woman. How the hell is that misogynistic? If anything, the poll is more misandristic than misogynistic.

I know Moddie and Minnie are buds from way back, but like I wrote, I don't get the claim.