Yes - Humor Has Its Boundaries.
25%
No - Humor Has No Boundaries.
75%

Total votes: 8

Insouciant Western People

Re: Man Guilty Of Hate Crime For Filming Pug's 'Nazi salutes'

Postby Insouciant Western People » 28 Mar 2018, 09:18

Dr Markus wrote:Can I get a proper dog and the rest of you are can get pugs?

Pugs are weird-looking, ungainly little things aren't they? I can't fathom why so many people go ga-ga over them. I know it's a prejudice, but as with poodles and chihuahuas, I can't help feeling they're dogs for people who don't like proper dogs.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 28 Mar 2018, 16:55

They have really strong personalities. You can tell a great many pugs apart from each other really quick strictly by how they act. I love ‘em. My wife thinks they are ghastly and it’s hard to argue. Mucus management is not their strong suit.
uggy poopy doody.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 23 Apr 2018, 16:06

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-43864133

800 pound fine, he got off lightly enough. He says he's gonna appeal it, while i'm no lawyer I think he should cut his losses. Having a former leader of a right wing group there as support doesn't help his case. Though in fairness there's not much he can do about who supports or doesn't support him.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 23 Apr 2018, 20:00

sneelock wrote:They have really strong personalities. You can tell a great many pugs apart from each other really quick strictly by how they act. I love ‘em. My wife thinks they are ghastly and it’s hard to argue. Mucus management is not their strong suit.

I must protest. I haven't known a single dribbly pug, and I've known a few. Breathing issues, yes, which is why I'd never get another short-nosed dog.

I love 'em too but they're not the brightest. Something to do with how their brains sit in the squished skulls.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 28 Apr 2018, 00:59

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/04 ... y-freedom/

Shock news, unfunny cunt with questionable cause turns out to be a cunt.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Apr 2018, 04:32

Darkness_Fish wrote:there's no real connection between him and the audience

I've heard him mentioned on here and watched the clip. That was my impression too.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Apr 2018, 04:35

Talking about comedy having limits, there was a documentary years ago called The Aristocrats where various famous stand ups tell the most offensive joke ever.

Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 28 Apr 2018, 08:10

sloopjohnc wrote:Talking about comedy having limits, there was a documentary years ago called The Aristocrats where various famous stand ups tell the most offensive joke ever.

and it was a laugh free zone
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 28 Apr 2018, 10:05

I hadn't seen the youtube video in question. I have now. I thought the sieg heil bit was funny.

I can see why people would be offended by the "do you want to gas the Jews" bit. However, it seems to me that it was clearly done for humourous purposes (pug face reaction etc).

I don't think humour should have boundaries.

When things are meant with the intention only of grossing people out or offending people or stirring up hatred but it's coated with 'humour', the "I was only joking" defence" - that's a different thing. Applying law to that, though ...

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 28 Apr 2018, 10:26

Oh joy.
The wonderful algorithms of Facebook just now conjured up an ad for a Nazi Pugs Fuck Off-T shirt, after I finished reading the thread.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Return to “Nextdoorland”