42%

Total votes: 33

Good Night Austin, Texas

Cat v Dog

Postby Good Night Austin, Texas » 19 Mar 2018, 00:06

driftin

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby driftin » 19 Mar 2018, 01:00

Cat. Absolutely cat. Cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 19 Mar 2018, 02:06

Cats are pretty boring but beautiful solitary hunters that have undergone a form of behavioral neoteny keeping them in permanent kitten behavior mode, they look nice but don't do much, but they do largely take care of themselves without much human interaction.

Dogs a social animals that have formed a symbiotic relationship with humans, they can be trained to preform many useful functions and they provide unconditional love if treated well but need a fair amount of care and attention.

Both provide proven mental health benefits to humans, but dogs get you out of the house and exercising.

I just prefer the much greater level of interaction you have with a dog and their far greater intelligence. A dog is a chum, a member of the family and a cat is a lodger.

Cat lovers always try to make out that cats are intelligent because they make people look after them and can't be trained but it is largely bollocks, cats are solitary ambush hunters and don't need very well developed brains to do that so they don't have very well developed brains, our inability to train them is not due to their intelligence but to their relative stupidity,
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 19 Mar 2018, 02:29

What a load of pseudo-science bollocks, Copey.

Cats can be absolutely wonderful pets, and many of them build extraordinarily complex and strong relationships with their humans; loving, protective and fun.

I like dogs very much, but have always preferred having cats.

Meow.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 19 Mar 2018, 02:35

I like both (and, sadly, am allergic to both) but I am fundamentally a dog guy.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 19 Mar 2018, 04:04

fange wrote:What a load of pseudo-science bollocks, Copey.

Cats can be absolutely wonderful pets, and many of them build extraordinarily complex and strong relationships with their humans; loving, protective and fun.

Meow.

Most of it is actual science.

But there is nothing more dangerous than a cat lover who has been told that their pet is basically thick and can be outthought by a rat.

I agree cats can be wonderful pets it just amuses me when cat lovers advance their feline friends as Einstein in a fur coat.

My views are coloured by my mum hosting a semi feral Bengal with a vicious streak a mile wide.

Woof!

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 19 Mar 2018, 04:58

Copehead wrote:

Meow.

But there is nothing more dangerous than a cat lover who has been told that their pet is basically thick and can be outthought by a rat.

I agree cats can be wonderful pets it just amuses me when cat lovers advance their feline friends as Einstein in a fur coat.

My views are coloured by my mum hosting a semi feral Bengal with a vicious streak a mile wide.

Woof!

Ah, so the real truth comes out! All cats are thick because you had a nasty experience with your mum's cat when you were younger. No denying that evidence!

Nevertheless, we can still love those who aren't as smart as we'd like; you're BCB evidence of that, Copey. :)
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 19 Mar 2018, 05:08

fange wrote:[Ah, so the real truth comes out! All cats are thick because you had a nasty experience with your mum's cat when you were younger. No denying that evidence!

Good grief no, the cat is currently extant and the cat gives most humans, including me, a wide berth, it is only my mother and stepfather who are allowed to be clawed by it

In evolutionary terms cats are as clever as they need to be to sit still for 2 hours and then jump on a mouse; brains imposing quite a heavy evolutionary burden that isn't going to pay off in the case of a solitary, ambush predator.

Nevertheless, we can still love those who aren't as smart as we'd like; you're BCB evidence of that, Copey. :)

True, I do love you all, with some exceptions.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 19 Mar 2018, 10:32

fange wrote:Cats can be absolutely wonderful pets, and many of them build extraordinarily complex and strong relationships with their humans; loving, protective and fun.

Yes but

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-04/c ... es/9013960

:(

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 19 Mar 2018, 10:48

Cats are sneaky, selfish wee fuckers.

Dogs are lovable comical dopey bundles of fun.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 19 Mar 2018, 11:10

Tedious narrative.

Dogs can kill people.

Cats are wankers, but can be of great solace, particularly to the elderly.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 19 Mar 2018, 11:17

Copehead wrote:

Meow.

You are such a cunt sometimes.
You don't like me...do you?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 19 Mar 2018, 11:21

Cats don't go with my asthma and they are sycophants of the highest order.

You never hear of a Guide Cat do you, idle useless bunch.
Last edited by Samoan on 19 Mar 2018, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Mar 2018, 11:23

Dogs are great but cats are the bees knees.

Over years of owning cats I've noticed that they tend to avoid or be snotty with people who are- what's the best way to say this - emotionally stunted. It's never any surprise when those people kick off about cats being malevolent. :D
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 19 Mar 2018, 11:23

:lol:
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 19 Mar 2018, 11:34

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Meow.

You are such a cunt sometimes.

That he may be, but what he wrote was actual science, rather than pseudo-science, as fange dismissed it.
The conclusions drawn from it about which class of animal is 'better' is just an opinion though. By far the most interesting thing about this question (i.e. dogs vs cats), though, is what people's choices, and the arguments they proffer in support of them, reveal about their personalities – so I'm not sharing mine :) .
Incidentally, I've lived with 3 dogs and 4 cats (often both at once) over the last 25 years and loved them all to various degrees and for various reasons/characteristics. The lack of a footy option in the poll, and the disappearance of the original poster from the debate, suggests classic troll behaviour to me...
Last edited by Rayge on 19 Mar 2018, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 19 Mar 2018, 11:48

:o

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 19 Mar 2018, 11:58

Is there anything more tedious that a cat hater? It’s one thing that is guaranteed to put me off a person.

I love both but prefer cats. Whenever I see either in the street I’ll always try and interact with them. I’ll nearly always try and stroke a dog and I’ll always, always stop for a cat. Both bring me much joy. Dogs are hard work though. My mates just got a new puppy who’s adorable but it’s too close to having a kid for me. Demanding and you’ve got to walk them and pick up their poo. Dogs are servile too which is not quality I particularly like. You can treat a dog like shit and it'll come back for more. A cat will fuck you off.

With cats it’s like co-habiting. They do their own thing and then they do their thing with you. There’s something really beautiful about that.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 19 Mar 2018, 12:01

I should add that some breeds of cat can be trained. Like Devon Rexes
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 19 Mar 2018, 12:03

Goat Boy wrote:Is there anything more tedious that a cat hater? It’s one thing that is guaranteed to put me off a person.

It's the healthy choice.

Return to “Nextdoorland”