Cat v Dog

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

As a pet do you prefer a cat or a dog?

Cat
19
58%
Dog
14
42%
 
Total votes: 33

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15280
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Loki » 19 Mar 2018, 22:49

Samoan wrote:Cats don't go with my asthma and they are sycophants of the highest order.

You never hear of a Guide Cat do you, idle useless bunch.

Haven't we all heard stories about cats dialling 911?!
Image

Look up here, I'm in heaven


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 4275
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby echolalia » 19 Mar 2018, 23:12

Cats

No offence, dogs!

User avatar
echolalia
Posts: 4275
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 02:23
Location: Way Out West

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby echolalia » 19 Mar 2018, 23:22

My avatar photo is the only No Cats sign I’ve ever seen. It’s from the entrance to a municipal market in a village in southern Further Spain. I can just picture a cat slinking down to the market to see if there are any fishheads to be had and then turning away when it sees this sign!

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 4977
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Flower » 19 Mar 2018, 23:40

K wrote:As Rayge knows, I can't stand dogs.
But that's nothing compared to my hatred of bird killing, plants damaging, shit hiding, allergy inducing cats.

I fucking hate them.


Get a life! I can't stop laughing at the '"allergy inducing" ... :lol: :lol:
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17372
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Mar 2018, 11:43

Goat Boy wrote:
Every person I've met who hated cats has been a fucking simpleton



Yet it's cat owners that put up videos and pictures of cats scrapping at their face or just being cunts and saying "oh look, fluffy's being a loveable cunt", she just scrapped me on the face". Instead of, being scrapped on the face and throwing the cat outside as punishment as you would do a dog or say sending your kid for a time out if they did it....... Yet we're the simpletons? Strange logic there.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare
hounds people off the board
Posts: 16299
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare » 20 Mar 2018, 11:44

Cat lovers think they’re superior cos their animal is cool and weird and shit, Markus. They’re CRACKERS
Copehead wrote:Those who can do, those who can't teach, those who can't teach TEFL.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 31436
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Goat Boy » 20 Mar 2018, 11:47

WARRIOR/DESTROYER XI wrote:Cat lovers think they’re superior cos their animal is cool and weird and shit, Markus. They’re CRACKERS


Cats are like Mark E Smith.

Dogs are like Robbie Williams
Copehead wrote:I have never seen anything that doesn't convince me that Joe Average people who vote Conservative are fundamentally too thick to understand the world



The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17372
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Mar 2018, 11:47

WARRIOR/DESTROYER XI wrote:Cat lovers think they’re superior cos their animal is cool and weird and shit, Markus. They’re CRACKERS


I willing to bet your salary that if there was research done, cat lovers would come across as more submissive that dog lovers. That's why they like cats acting like cunts.
Last edited by Dr Markus on 20 Mar 2018, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 31436
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Goat Boy » 20 Mar 2018, 11:49

Dr Markus wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:
Every person I've met who hated cats has been a fucking simpleton



Yet it's cat owners that put up videos and pictures of cats scrapping at their face or just being cunts and saying "oh look, fluffy's being a loveable cunt", she just scrapped me on the face". Instead of, being scrapped on the face and throwing the cat outside as punishment as you would do a dog or say sending your kid for a time out if they did it....... Yet we're the simpletons? Strange logic there.


Cat wankas are as annoying as dog wankas. The internet is full of pet owners and their videos.

The fact that you think throwing them outside would be a punishment and presumably a deterrent is hilarious
Copehead wrote:I have never seen anything that doesn't convince me that Joe Average people who vote Conservative are fundamentally too thick to understand the world



The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29312
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Mar 2018, 11:59

Markus has never been able to find a cat that likes him, has he?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17372
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Mar 2018, 12:01

Goat Boy wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:
Every person I've met who hated cats has been a fucking simpleton



Yet it's cat owners that put up videos and pictures of cats scrapping at their face or just being cunts and saying "oh look, fluffy's being a loveable cunt", she just scrapped me on the face". Instead of, being scrapped on the face and throwing the cat outside as punishment as you would do a dog or say sending your kid for a time out if they did it....... Yet we're the simpletons? Strange logic there.


Cat wankas are as annoying as dog wankas. The internet is full of pet owners and their videos.

The fact that you think throwing them outside would be a punishment and presumably a deterrent is hilarious


Nope, "cat wankas" are the worse, worst than the worse. Cats are cunts.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29312
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Mar 2018, 12:09

Dr Markus wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:

Yet it's cat owners that put up videos and pictures of cats scrapping at their face or just being cunts and saying "oh look, fluffy's being a loveable cunt", she just scrapped me on the face". Instead of, being scrapped on the face and throwing the cat outside as punishment as you would do a dog or say sending your kid for a time out if they did it....... Yet we're the simpletons? Strange logic there.


Cat wankas are as annoying as dog wankas. The internet is full of pet owners and their videos.

The fact that you think throwing them outside would be a punishment and presumably a deterrent is hilarious


Nope, "cat wankas" are the worse, worst than the worse. Cats are cunts.


You need to let this go dear. You're like unlucky in love man at closing time moaning about 'broads'. They're just cats. And they don't like you. Its ok! :D
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 31436
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Goat Boy » 20 Mar 2018, 12:09

You've convinced me, Markus!!
Copehead wrote:I have never seen anything that doesn't convince me that Joe Average people who vote Conservative are fundamentally too thick to understand the world



The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.

User avatar
fange
Posts: 11834
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby fange » 20 Mar 2018, 12:15

Dr Markus wrote:
WARRIOR/DESTROYER XI wrote:Cat lovers think they’re superior cos their animal is cool and weird and shit, Markus. They’re CRACKERS


I willing to bet your salary that if there was research done, cat lovers would come across as more submissive that dog lovers. That's why they like cats acting like cunts.


Paging Dr. Freud. Dr. Freud to Room 1, please.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17372
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Mar 2018, 12:16

Goat Boy wrote:You've convinced me, Markus!!


One down, 20 million to go.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 29312
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Mar 2018, 01:52

A few months before Baron and me got married, the crushing weight of trying to work long hours at a stressful, high level job, organising a wedding and planning a move to the US had me on my knees with crippling anxiety teetering on the cusp of depression. I took three months off work, and for about two weeks of that time I was either a rigid stick or a foetal shaking ball moving from bed to the sofa. Of my two cats, Sam, who I had had from a kitten, changed his behaviour for the entire time that I was sick. I got his stepsister when she was an adult, but Sam and I had bonded from a very young age and he has always responded to me differently. I see this from dealing with kittens where I volunteer - early handling of orphaned kittens means they blend with you and "hang out" with you - they're not just "in the same room". One baby kitten we fostered a few years ago used to sit on Baron's shoulders as he cooked - he was we and we was he.

When I was sick, Sam stopped all his demanding, feed me behaviour. Not that he has ever been very bad, but he stopped meowing for food, or yowling to go out, or anything that it seemed would give me great effort to undertake. He just ate when I could get it together to feed him, and then when he finished, he would come and lay back next to me and spoon round my back or front and sometimes put his paws on my chin. Sometimes when I was laid crying, or anxious, he would bury right into my skin and purr and knead my belly. Or just wander round my head rubbing his chin on my face. Then when I stopped crying, he would lie down and go to sleep. He was my most important friend at that time. He sensed every mood change and when I started to get better, he retreated bit by bit back to the normal routine of yowl, feed me and so on, but it was a measurable, gradual process. I had him to the vets last week and a vet I didn't care for tried it on with him - he is normally Mr. Placid, but he was in pain and unhappy and he sunk his teeth into her arm - a proper bite - the first time I have ever seen him do that. He then hunkered down on my lap with my arms round him and I would have bitten her myself if she came anywhere near him again. He's not just a cat, he's my friend. I protect him and he protects me. He knows what's going down in my life and vice versa. We're family.

Can cats be capable of this kind of thing? Of course they fucking can.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 11003
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby The Modernist » 22 Mar 2018, 09:02

I love cats. I like some dogs, but they are very needy and I don't like the aggressive breeds.
I'm not bothered by how 'intelligent' cats are, they definitely have their own personality.

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 11003
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby The Modernist » 22 Mar 2018, 09:06

yomptepi wrote:
Thirded.
Image


They're thinking "enough Gentle Giant already!"

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 11003
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby The Modernist » 22 Mar 2018, 09:23

Unward Brank wrote:
Anyway I don’t think it’s particularly controversial to say that dogs are friendlier than cats - even cat lovers say that!


What about dogs that growl and bark at you. Or cats that make an effort to come to you, purring and brushing your leg? So even as a generalisation, it's not a true statement.

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 15301
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: Cat v Dog

Postby Belle Lettre » 22 Mar 2018, 09:46

The Modernist wrote:I love cats. I like some dogs, but they are very needy and I don't like the aggressive breeds.
I'm not bothered by how 'intelligent' cats are, they definitely have their own personality.

This goes for me too. And I'm afraid of Alsatians.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.