The Deep State

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
take5_d_shorterer

Re: The Deep State

Postby take5_d_shorterer » 13 Mar 2018, 20:00

There is a reason to question your medical treatment. You are the one who will be in pain and who might die, not the doctor, not the medical establishment.

When Stephen Tower’s right hip gave out in 2006, he asked his surgeon to implant an artificial one — specifically, a metal-on-metal hip called the ASR XL, made by Johnson & Johnson. He knew what he was talking about: As an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Tower specializes in complex hip replacements. But what he knew wasn’t enough to protect him from a defect in the device.

Five years after his surgery, and in excruciating pain, Dr. Tower underwent more surgery, this time to have the device replaced. When the surgeon sliced into his hip, what he saw looked like a crankcase full of dirty oil. Tissue surrounding the hip was black. Cobalt leaking from the ASR hip had caused a condition called metallosis, destroying not only local muscle, tendons and ligaments, but harming Dr. Tower’s heart and brain as well.

Despite Dr. Tower’s repeated efforts to warn his colleagues and the company that the implants were harming patients, Johnson & Johnson continued to market metal-on-metal hips. While it withdrew the ASR XL model from the market in 2010, citing slow sales, it continued to sell another, similarly problematic model, the Pinnacle, until 2013.

Many people assume that the Food and Drug Administration requires rigorous testing of medical devices before they are approved, the same as the lengthy approval process it requires for new drugs. In fact, most high-risk devices on the market, including implants, have undergone no clinical testing at all.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/opin ... l-you.html

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 13 Mar 2018, 22:13

I believe in the The Golden Rule - those that have the GOLD make the RULES.
Still, I think that original Wikipedia entry is closer to what most people I know mean when they say "Deep State" and this really pisses me off.

the same people who were saying we needed to get rid of crooked Washington Insiders who had their fingers in every pie are now telling me that they can't be expected to overcome the dark sinister meat hooks of THE DEEP STATE. :lol: boy, did they cock a doodle DOO when they won the Executive & Legislative branches of government. Now they gripe about the forces marshaled against them. yeah, sure, there is a certain amount of institutional friction at work. there are divided loyalties - certainly. still I think all this “DEEP STATE" Crap is a pathetic cop out. They are having trouble processing the fact that they've thrown in with people who don't know what the hell they are doing.

I associate with people who use "Deep State" to mean that poor old President TRUMP can't be expected to do all the GREAT THINGS he would be doing if it wasn't for the pernicious George Soros funded HILLARY NINJAS lurking behind every corner.

you watch any RT? I think this is happening to us. EVERY major issue has things that MIGHT have happened or COULD have happened and our attention has almost completely been removed from what fucking actually happened.

we've gone nuts.
(purse lips, hold up index finger to lips, make blubbity blubbity blubbity sound.)
I am not a robot.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 15 Mar 2018, 23:35

If they really do fire this McCabe guy mere days before he retires then it's going to be DEEP STATE A GO-GO from here on out.
I am not a robot.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 21 Mar 2018, 03:52

illegal drugs. You know how much money is involved? Apparently it's a big or bigger than our biggest industries. And it's all cash. That cash needs to be laundered because if a dealer suddenly bought a house authorities would want to know how he got the money. One doesn't pay cash for an expense that large. And banks need to report transactions over $10,000. But go to any street corner in the inner city and for sure you can get some heroin or cocaine - I guess. We know the CIA let cocaine into the US during Iran=Contra time. We know SMBC was fined for laundering drug money. There must be something deep in the state mechanism allowing this to go on.
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

Earl E. Eel
hounds people off the board

Postby Earl E. Eel » 22 Mar 2018, 00:11

Jimbo wrote:illegal drugs. You know how much money is involved? Apparently it's a big or bigger than our biggest industries. And it's all cash. That cash needs to be laundered because if a dealer suddenly bought a house authorities would want to know how he got the money. One doesn't pay cash for an expense that large. And banks need to report transactions over $10,000. But go to any street corner in the inner city and for sure you can get some heroin or cocaine - I guess. We know the CIA let cocaine into the US during Iran=Contra time. We know SMBC was fined for laundering drug money. There must be something deep in the state mechanism allowing this to go on.

yomptepi wrote:Who in their right minds would voluntarily go to Wales?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 22 Mar 2018, 16:53

Jimbo wrote:But go to any street corner in the inner city and for sure you can get some heroin or cocaine - I guess.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 22 Mar 2018, 17:29

THE DEEP STATE spent too much money on Ben Carson's furniture!
https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-rep-t ... dining-set
I am not a robot.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 22 Mar 2018, 18:04

Count Machuki wrote:
Jimbo wrote:But go to any street corner in the inner city and for sure you can get some heroin or cocaine - I guess.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just going to extract the phrase "the inner city." Sometimes I get nostalgic for the dog whistles of yesteryear!

Inner city” is an outdated, imprecise term, but one that resonates with Trumpist ethnocentric nostalgia.

https://www.thecut.com/2016/10/why-trum ... wrong.html
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Jun 2018, 14:39

Proof of a deep state. Ladies and gentlemen, the kookiest and wackiest President of the United States evah …. JFK!

Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Jun 2018, 15:01

Deep State Fun Fact!

From fiscal year (FY) 2002 through FY 2017, the U.S. government spent roughly $8.62 billion on counternarcotics efforts in Afghanistan.
From 2002 to 2017, Afghan opium poppy cultivation soared.

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/06/co ... ey-go.html

Yer welcome! :D