Maybe arming the teachers is right

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Positive Passion

Maybe arming the teachers is right

Postby Positive Passion » 11 Mar 2018, 11:16

and shoot these fuckers down.

What are you going to do about this, you British?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: Maybe arming the teachers is right

Postby yomptepi » 11 Mar 2018, 11:34

Hard to believe any of those people could actually get into university.
You don't like me...do you?

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 11 Mar 2018, 16:25

Well we won't be arming the teachers for a start...
That is pretty shocking and shameful behaviour. It seems the people responsible have been suspended. I don't know if that goes far enough but I bet those kids are gonna have a pretty rough ride off some of their peers when they get back.
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

www.chrischopping.virb.com

http://thatidiotchrischopping.blogspot.com

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 11 Mar 2018, 17:30

yomptepi wrote:Hard to believe any of those people could actually get into university.

It's Nottingham Trent, (not Nottingham Nottingham) I don't imagine it's that hard.
It had 22,840 undergraduates at its last publicized count which I think is far too many to competently teach and to comfortably and safely accommodate.
bobzilla77 wrote:Those people who say the guitars sound like bagpipes have never really listened to bagpipes.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 11 Mar 2018, 20:03

Not as if academic ability and a moral compass go hand in hand.

Reprehensible.

I don't want to carry a gun. I'm not in favour of corporal punishment either.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 11 Mar 2018, 20:12

yomptepi wrote:Hard to believe any of those people could actually get into university.

They'll literally let any bastard in, I'm living proof of that.

They did kick me out after a year though. :cry:
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 12 Mar 2018, 04:42

Samoan wrote:

It's Nottingham Trent, (not Nottingham Nottingham) I don't imagine it's that hard.

I studied there (called Trent Polytechnic when I went) so, yeah, it cant be that hard to get in :lol:

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 12 Mar 2018, 06:34

Appalling snobbery. Polys quite often had far more varied and interesting courses to offer than traditional red-brick universities and the like.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 12 Mar 2018, 08:53

I’m glad this episode had had a lot of coverage.

When kids leave home at eighteen and are thrown into an environment where they are essentially let off the (parental) leash there are unlimited opportunities to behave badly, and maybe a sense that bad behaviour can go unchecked. This episode demonstrates that these young people can, and should, be held accountable, by their peers if no one else.
The outcome, I hope, will be expulsion, and that should be publicised to schoolchildren as an example of what to expect if your behaviour as a student is basically criminal.

This stuff shouldn’t be tolerated, but I don’t think arming the teachers is the answer. Tasers, perhaps.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 12 Mar 2018, 09:55

Belle Lettre wrote:Appalling snobbery. Polys quite often had far more varied and interesting courses to offer than traditional red-brick universities and the like.

I studied there as as no university had the particular course I wanted to do. It was a very decent place with a good academic reputation when I was there. It’s sad to see that video, I don’t recall anything of that nature in my time.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 12 Mar 2018, 10:17

Belle Lettre wrote:Appalling snobbery. Polys quite often had far more varied and interesting courses to offer than traditional red-brick universities and the like.

Did you listen to the soundtrack of the video? It sounds like a prison yard, not a "University". Do you need any qualifications at all to get into these places anymore?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Mar 2018, 10:28

yomptepi wrote:

Did you listen to the soundtrack of the video? It sounds like a prison yard, not a "University". Do you need any qualifications at all to get into these places anymore?

I think you go there to get the qualifications.
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.

In the future, in case you're wondering, "Crime, boy I don't know" is where I decided to kick your ass.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 12 Mar 2018, 10:32

yomptepi wrote:

Pretty soon the answer to all your posts is going to be 'Bullingdon Club!' Yomp.

When I was an SU sabbatical in Brighton a group of yobs in the Poly were hounding a bloke of Indian extraction. The 'problem' seemed to be he was posh, charming and had a white girlfriend. They were threatened with expulsion and gave up. The Poly had a large and vocal Asian and Punjabi Soc who didn't put up with any of that sort of shit on the whole, but the posh guy didn't really fit in with them being a public school boy.

It's nothing new, but I think it's pretty much undeniable that these sorts of dickheads have become emboldened (on the recording you can hear at least one of the twats blathering about Brexit) by the rise of people like Farage and Trump. The more intellectually challenged start to think thet it's all part of 'getting their country back' or something.

Pricks.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 12 Mar 2018, 11:04

Diamond Dog wrote:
yomptepi wrote:

I think you go there to get the qualifications.

I think you have to have GCSE's and A levels to go university, don't you?

Judging from the noise on that video, they are obviously pretty easily come by these days...

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 12 Mar 2018, 11:57

yomptepi wrote:I think you have to have GCSE's and A levels to go university, don't you?

Judging from the noise on that video, they are obviously pretty easily come by these days...

So are degrees!

http://www.instantdegrees.com/
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.