Kingsmill

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Samoan

Kingsmill

Postby Samoan » 09 Mar 2018, 14:37

Not a tasty loaf by any standards.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/15/sinn-fein-mp-barry-mcelduff-resigns-after-kingsmill-row

In the video, McElduff walked around a shop with the loaf on his head and said: “I’m in the Classic Service Station here, but I’m just wondering – where does McCullough’s keep the bread?”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jan/06/sinn-fein-mp-apologises-for-loaf-tweet-on-kingsmill-massacre-anniversary-barry-mcelduff

A Sinn Féin MP has been forced to apologise after posting a video tweet showing him with a Kingsmill loaf on his head on the 42nd anniversary of the Kingsmill massacre in Northern Ireland.

Barry McElduff has deleted the tweet, posted on Friday, and apologised following condemnation from unionist politicians and victims’ campaigners.

Ten Protestant workers were lined up and shot dead by the IRA near the village of Kingsmill in South Armagh on 5 January 1976.
Last edited by Samoan on 09 Mar 2018, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
bobzilla77 wrote:Those people who say the guitars sound like bagpipes have never really listened to bagpipes.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Kingsmill

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Mar 2018, 14:53

That will be Corbyn's fault.
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.

In the future, in case you're wondering, "Crime, boy I don't know" is where I decided to kick your ass.

caramba

Postby caramba » 09 Mar 2018, 15:27

Story is almost two months old (date quoted is Jan 15).

I'd have words with my broadband supplier if I were you.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 09 Mar 2018, 16:17

caramba wrote:Story is almost two months old (date quoted is Jan 15).

Yes, it is, and high time for a further airing, as snow, wind and burst water mains have necessarily taken the main lead in recent news
Last edited by Samoan on 09 Mar 2018, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
bobzilla77 wrote:Those people who say the guitars sound like bagpipes have never really listened to bagpipes.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 09 Mar 2018, 16:21

I think, when you look at the story with a balanced viewpoint, taking everything into consideration, the bloke was a complete cunt.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 09 Mar 2018, 16:22

I agree with your sentiment.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 09 Mar 2018, 17:23

Jezza eats Kingsmill :o
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

gash on ignore
cultural defective

Postby gash on ignore » 09 Mar 2018, 18:17

Darkness_Fish wrote:I think, when you look at the story with a balanced viewpoint, taking everything into consideration, the bloke was a complete cunt.

A thick one too considering that if he’d bought a pitta he’d be assured of a more stylish fit.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:That's it. I've taken the decision. I'm bored of the twat and the misery he deals in.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 09 Mar 2018, 20:05

Diamond Dog wrote:That will be Corbyn's fault.

Good to see that IRA can still find something to laugh about in a good old fashioned massacre... I can see JC stroking his beard and smiling.
You don't like me...do you?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Mar 2018, 20:11

yomptepi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:That will be Corbyn's fault.

Good to see that IRA can still find something to laugh about in a good old fashioned massacre... I can see JC stroking his beard and smiling.

I've absolutely no doubt he celebrates the occasion annually. With like minded leftist loonies.
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.

In the future, in case you're wondering, "Crime, boy I don't know" is where I decided to kick your ass.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 09 Mar 2018, 20:16

Whatever your political colour, it is a worry that the leader of the opposition has sympathies with these lunatics.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 09 Mar 2018, 20:52

And of course a bloke wandering round with a loaf on his bonce is much more offensive than hundreds of blokes with flutes, flags and drums marching around the place.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 09 Mar 2018, 22:30

Coming to a thread in two months time, how the twat with the loaf was suspended by his party and subsequently resigned.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 09 Mar 2018, 22:43

Yesterday, McElduff was interviewed voluntarily by police at Omagh PSNI station and a report is being prepared for the Public Prosecution Service.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43337992
Last edited by Samoan on 09 Mar 2018, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Mar 2018, 22:45

Hugh wrote:And of course a bloke wandering round with a loaf on his bonce is much more offensive than hundreds of blokes with flutes, flags and drums marching around the place.

Good Lord Hugh - it's almost as if you're suggesting that annual ritual was there to provoke the Catholics?!

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 10 Mar 2018, 05:19

yomptepi wrote:Whatever your political colour, it is a worry that the leader of the opposition has sympathies with these lunatics.

More than a worry than the government are bunging their terrorist front Unionists counterparts over a billion pounds to prop up their ramshackle government?

You do find funny things to worry about.
And sometimes I ride on bus x82, say what!

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 10 Mar 2018, 10:30

Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:Whatever your political colour, it is a worry that the leader of the opposition has sympathies with these lunatics.

More than a worry than the government are bunging their terrorist front Unionists counterparts over a billion pounds to prop up their ramshackle government?

You do find funny things to worry about.

You never learn.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Mar 2018, 10:07

And you never think.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 11 Mar 2018, 10:37

Diamond Dog wrote:And you never think.

Usual Lefty response.
What has this horrible display of callous hatred got to do with the governments deal with the DUP, which as we all know is a horrible, corrupt and desperate attempt to stay in power. And I am certainly not happy with it. You seem to be saying that because the government did a dodgy deal, this heartless and insensitive jape is perfectly acceptable, as if there needs to be a trade off? Does one bad deed need always need to be offset against another? Or is it possible to discuss an act like this without silly schoolboy " oh but they did this first" type responses.

Very disappointing.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 11 Mar 2018, 10:41

I was just thinking, is this the first time that the labour and Conservative parties have been split down sectarian lines? The Catholics don't usually get much support in Parliament.