*JIMBO TALKS SHITE*

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
WG Kaspar

Re: 'my sources Cannon and Ball tell me....'

Postby WG Kaspar » 20 May 2018, 14:37

Fuck Russia man. They're dodgy bastards.
I run out of talent

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 May 2018, 15:24

Rayge wrote:I think it's far more likely to be an example of incompetent opportunism, arse-covering and missed communications than a false flag op gone wrong.

This sounds sensible. Ray, but what's inexplicable - and inexcusable - is how the media plays along with whatever the government says. If it's what you say how long must we wait for the story corrections let alone some serious questions like where the hell are the Skripals today? While we wait for an answer the alternative media are speculating that they're dead - and not from poison.
Gadfly

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 20 May 2018, 16:43

[quote="Jimbo"where the hell are the Skripals today?[/quote]

Apparently he was released from hospital yesterday.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 20 May 2018, 17:13

The Prof wrote: Apparently he was released from hospital yesterday.

Ah, so the newspaper headline says.
Sergei Skripal discharged from Salisbury hospital
But if ever more words were written which say less than the headline claims then I'm a monkey's uncle. It's a laugh actually for it says more about the wonderful care the hospital provides than what happened to Skripal. In other words the article is more subterfuge. I mean the man has been the center of attention, supposedly miraculously escaped death (the article still pushes the official Novichok, etc,, angle), he is released from the hospital and then … what?

Fluff, fluff, fluffy fluff.

“That he, Yulia and DS [Nick] Bailey have been able to leave us so soon after coming into contact with this nerve agent is thanks to the hard work, skill and professionalism of our clinicians, who provide outstanding care to all our patients, day in and day out,” she said.

“This has been a difficult time for those caught up in this incident: the patients, our staff and the people of Salisbury. I want to thank the public for their support, and I want to pay a special tribute to both the clinical staff here at the trust and those who work so hard behind the scenes. They’ve demonstrated the very best of the NHS.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... y-hospital
Gadfly

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 21 May 2018, 09:22

Deebank wrote:opioid-induced euphoria and tranquility (and death in high doses of course) is what I would expect.

Was this meant for the restaurant thread? That's actually the fifth course in the Fat Duck's taster menu.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 21 May 2018, 09:39

Darkness_Fish wrote:
Deebank wrote:opioid-induced euphoria and tranquility (and death in high doses of course) is what I would expect.

Was this meant for the restaurant thread? That's actually the fifth course in the Fat Duck's taster menu.

It helps you deal with the snail porridge.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Samoan

Re: Skripal

Postby Samoan » 21 May 2018, 17:48

Toby wrote:We should expel their entire Diplomatic mission. Russia is not a threat in any real way. Its economy is smaller than Italy's, it has an ageing, rusting nuke pile and a military not capable of any real sustained action against NATO. Putin asserts himself because he has to.

Take that, Russkies

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/21/roman-abramovich-thought-to-be-caught-up-in-uk-visa-crackdown
bobzilla77 wrote:Those people who say the guitars sound like bagpipes have never really listened to bagpipes.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 22 May 2018, 12:53

The Skripal Case Is Being Pushed Down The Memory Hole With Libya And Aleppo

… This one isn’t going down the memory hole, guys. There are some turds that just won’t flush. This one’s staying around forever. We’ll keep reminding everyone. We won’t let anyone forget

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/the- ... d8b93ef6f5
Gadfly

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 May 2018, 11:25

Gadfly

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 29 May 2018, 21:47

Simon Reeve doesn’t present holiday-type programmes. He writes and presents stories about people and the environment and how government decisions effect them. I’d certainly trust his take on things rather than than that smug git talking into his phone.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 30 May 2018, 00:24

The Prof wrote:Simon Reeve doesn’t present holiday-type programmes. He writes and presents stories about people and the environment and how government decisions effect them. I’d certainly trust his take on things rather than than that smug git talking into his phone.

You watched it? If so fair enough. If not then you don't know the "smug git's" point. He has one and considering the atmosphere between UK and Russia today it is a good one and deserves a proper rebuttal.
Gadfly

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 May 2018, 08:42

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... ad-in-kiev

Christ, these dissidents need to avoid these bastard bullets.
a bunch of dudes jamming but some of the abrupt edits serve as a reminder it owes a lot to technology. It finds ***** distancing himself from his musical past, but it sounds equally far from the dense abstraction his music would take on later

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 30 May 2018, 08:52

Sounds like a FALSE FLAG OP to me 8-)
Diamond Dog wrote:Everyone else hates us.

Fuck you all.

We won.

The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 30 May 2018, 09:04

Jimbo wrote:
The Prof wrote:Simon Reeve doesn’t present holiday-type programmes. He writes and presents stories about people and the environment and how government decisions effect them. I’d certainly trust his take on things rather than than that smug git talking into his phone.

You watched it? If so fair enough. If not then you don't know the "smug git's" point. He has one and considering the atmosphere between UK and Russia today it is a good one and deserves a proper rebuttal.

His 'point' seems to be....... Moscow is really nice, so find some nice things to say about it. What if there are plans to bulldoze down people's flats? they did that in London in the run-up to the Olympics so you should report on that, Simon Reeve.

I'm sure there's plenty of holiday programs saying what a nice place Moscow is, but Simon Reeve doesn't make those type of programmes.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 30 May 2018, 09:57

The Prof wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

His 'point' seems to be....... Moscow is really nice, so find some nice things to say about it. What if there are plans to bulldoze down people's flats, they did that in London in the run-up to the Olympics so you should report on that, Simon Reeve.

I'm sure there's plenty of holiday programs saying what a nice place Moscow is, but Simon Reeve doesn't make those type of programmes.

Not quite. The "git's" point is that Reeve - who is a representative of today's British anti-Russia obsessed media - conflates this girl"s eviction problems with Putin, depicting her dilemma as if its literally Putin himself who is kicking her out of her flat. He then goes on to show how normal life in Moscow actually is (a pleasant surprise to me) whereas Reeve needs to show how politically oppressive it is when it actually isn't any worse than in any big city but Reeve and the BCB have an anti-Russia agenda to manage.
Gadfly

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 May 2018, 10:04

And you know this how exactly?
a bunch of dudes jamming but some of the abrupt edits serve as a reminder it owes a lot to technology. It finds ***** distancing himself from his musical past, but it sounds equally far from the dense abstraction his music would take on later

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 30 May 2018, 10:11

The bloke obviously has a nice life in Moscow. I'm sure if you have a reasonably well paid job and decent accommodation there's lots to recommend Moscow. Nice shops, nice restaurants etc
It obviously makes him a bit angry that a reporter comes to Russia and shows some other sides to the country. But that's what Reeves does. You need to watch the whole series and you need to watch more of his programmes. He is generally on side the underdog and the oppressed across the world and against Government corruption and environmental damage caused by the policies of greed globally.

He is a people person and that's what he does. You might actually like him if you saw more.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 30 May 2018, 12:34

The Prof wrote: He is a people person and that's what he does. You might actually like him if you saw more.

I'm sure I might but it seems he may have been co-opted into the "be afraid of Russia" cause.

If the Skripal affair and the unquestioning way the UK media has accepted it as a Russian attack on British soil when there are so many unanswered questions, when the official story is obviously a big fat lie, then there is a bridge in Brooklyn for sale just waiting for a sucker like you to buy it. Not you, necessarily, Prof, but whoever accepts the Skripal Novichok nonsense.
Gadfly

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 30 May 2018, 13:22

I've said earlier in this thread (or another one) that there's something fishy about the Skripal affair.

It looks, though, like pro Putin assassins have shot dead a Russian journalist in Kiev yesterday.

Several bullets to the back of the head.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 30 May 2018, 13:34

"Something about this story just doesn't ring true. IMHO there are some serious questions that need to be answered!" Etc.
Diamond Dog wrote:Everyone else hates us.

Fuck you all.

We won.

The Modernist wrote:Griff writes the best political posts.