"Me Jimbo. Me know truth."

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Re: "Me Jimbo. Me know truth."

Postby Jimbo » 04 Oct 2018, 06:30

Surely none of you buy the Skripal story any longer. By that token you must surely also realize what an incurious lap dog media we have. Where are the hard questions on the Skripal matter? They're on the internet not on your TVs.

https://en.news-front.info/2018/09/28/s ... al-agents/

“Alexander, so what, in your opinion, happened in Salisbury?”
“There’s a lot of stupidity on stupidity.”
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Oct 2018, 04:03

Time to celebrate! A mainstream media outlet, The Independent, has allowed an actual Skripal skeptic to have a say.

The Skripal case has troubled me since the first news broke in March. It is not the improbability of what was reported to have happened – improbable things are the stuff of news. It is rather the mixture of utter certainty, unsubstantiated claims and glaring information gaps that is so disconcerting, from the immediate rush by UK officials to blame the Russian state, to the way the main figures in this drama have simply vanished, and now to the contradictions that have gained blithe, and almost universal, acceptance.

Bellingcat ... has never, so far as I am aware, reached any conclusion – whether on the downing of the Malaysian plane over eastern Ukraine, or chemical weapons use in Syria, or now, with the Skripals – that is in any way inconvenient to the UK or US authorities.

... I find the evidence and the explanations so far offered by our own side in what is becoming an all-out information war both deficient and scandalously short on credibility – and so, I suggest, should you.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/sk ... 77161.html
Some say the glass is half-empty others half-full. I say. "Lemme see that glass!"

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Oct 2018, 07:45

They've got the guys on film walking to the house. No evidence would be enough for you Jimbo as you've already decided what you think.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Oct 2018, 07:59

The Modernist wrote:They've got the guys on film walking to the house. No evidence would be enough for you Jimbo as you've already decided what you think.

From the Independent article just above. See the linky thingy? You click it with the mousey thingy.

The CCTV footage from Salisbury has huge lacunae – though it is established that the cameras were working in Salisbury that day – and does not include any of the pair less than 500m from the Skripals’ house, nor any of the Skripals themselves. Why not? We still do not know where they were for most of that Sunday morning, who they might have met, or for what purpose, or precisely when the presumed attack occurred. Those are huge gaps.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Oct 2018, 08:07

So because there's not film of every single minute of what they did, it's suspicious? That's ridiculous even for you.
The fact Russian military guys were walking around a suburban bit of Salisbury at the same time as a Russian dissident was poisoned there, would be overwhelming evidence for any reasonably minded person.Anyway even if there was film of them stuffing the poison in the guy's mouth, you'd be telling us how it was faked. No evidence would ever be good enough for you because you've already decided on the 'Putin is an innocent being set up by the West' narrative and you will apply it to everything regardless.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Oct 2018, 08:17

The Modernist wrote:So because there's not film of every single minute of what they did, it's suspicious? That's ridiculous even for you.
The fact Russian military guys were walking around a suburban bit of Salisbury at the same time as a Russian dissident was poisoned there, would be overwhelming evidence for any reasonably minded person.Anyway even if there was film of them stuffing the poison in the guy's mouth, you'd be telling us how it was faked. No evidence would ever be good enough for you because you've already decided on the 'Putin is an innocent being set up by the West' narrative and you will apply it to everything regardless.

You are an idiot. A useful one, however. Did you read the article? This is not my opinion. Read what I read and then make a critique.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Oct 2018, 08:43

I've read the article. It's a fluff piece, it says nothing.
Look these guys were there, they've even admitted that themselves. Their spurious explanation is that they were there as tourists.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 Oct 2018, 09:06

Corbyn is still sceptical
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Oct 2018, 09:07

The Modernist wrote: Look these guys were there, they've even admitted that themselves.

:lol:

You're the fluffy one.

They were in Salisbury, yes, but all they've "admitted" is that they were tourists. Show me where you are getting this lunacy from.

Choosing not to be skeptical is like you want to be lied to again into another war, into upping the arms race, into believing May, Trump, Blair, into utter madness. You must be skeptical. You can not unquestioningly take what the BBC or the Guardian say about these matters these days. They're the fluff. You must dig deeper than headlines - if you care, that is. I have a good friend who just doesn't care. I care, and not because I have a deep and warm soul but I just don't react well to being lied to. If it smells fishy, as the Skripal story does, I kinda want to know see if there's a rotting mackerel under the sofa.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Oct 2018, 09:22

Jimbo wrote:
The Modernist wrote: Look these guys were there, they've even admitted that themselves.

:lol:

You're the fluffy one.

They were in Salisbury, yes, but all they've "admitted" is that they were tourists. Show me where you are getting this lunacy from.

Salisbury is not a major tourist town, however even if we were to believe that two tough Russian military guy like to spend their vacations touring the cathedrals of south-west England, there is the small matter that they were caught on film in a residential part of town nowhere near the cathedral. Wake up for fuck's sake. You are the most deluded person I've ever come across.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Oct 2018, 09:24

Goat Boy wrote:Corbyn is still sceptical

No he isn't.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 Oct 2018, 09:31

The Modernist wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Corbyn is still sceptical

No he isn't.

It was a joke, G.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 12 Oct 2018, 09:42

The irony is that the Skripal case is a genuine conspiracy unfolding before our eyes, yet it’s somehow the one conspiracy theory Jimbo doesn’t believe!
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI
hounds people off the board

Postby THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI » 12 Oct 2018, 10:01

Jimbo wrote:You must be skeptical. You can not unquestioningly take what the BBC or the Guardian say about these matters these days. They're the fluff. You must dig deeper than headlines - if you care, that is. I have a good friend who just doesn't care. I care, and not because I have a deep and warm soul but I just don't react well to being lied to.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GoogaMooga wrote:I've been GoogaMooga everywhere since I went online in 2005. There are copycats on the web incl a Brooklyn Food Festival, who have even adopted my camel case "M".

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 12 Oct 2018, 11:08

Oh god why did I click on this thread

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 12 Oct 2018, 12:25

I want Jimbo on my jury!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Oct 2018, 12:28

Has no one here the informational fortitude to debunk the Independent essay?

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 12 Oct 2018, 12:36

I'll bite. As bizarre as their story is it’s only slightly more bizarre than what appears now to be the official line.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Oct 2018, 12:38

The Prof wrote:I'll bite. As bizarre as their story is it’s only slightly more bizarre than what appears now to be the official line.

Eh? :?

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 12 Oct 2018, 12:41

Well......We don’t know the inner workings of the Russian secret service but do they really carry the world’s deadliest nerve agent on Southern Railway trains? Twice? Not to mention carrying it in their check-in luggage on a domestic airline.
How is it discharged? Is it just at arms’ length?
Why they would allow themselves to be caught on CCTV wandering aimlessly around Salisbury not making any attempt to disguise their faces. They must know that there’s CCTV everywhere.
Are they the world's dumbest assassins? Maybe they are.