Memo from Maurice

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Deebank
Resonator

Memo from Maurice

Postby Deebank » 04 Mar 2018, 10:24

This just popped up on my FB timeline.

https://www.outsideleft.com/main.php?updateID=1528

It is the first and indeed the only interview with Maurice Deebank I have seen - and very interesting to any Felt fans.

There were rumours he had become a buddhist and he certainly seems to be on that road.

Lawrence still speaks very highly of MD - he does not return the compliment! :lol:
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Deebank
Resonator

Re: Memo from Maurice

Postby Deebank » 04 Mar 2018, 10:28

... Probably should have put htis in YY.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

ORORORO
hounds people off the board

Postby ORORORO » 04 Mar 2018, 14:45

what the HELL

is this
Jimbo wrote:My brain is packed with info

Graham Murakami

Postby Graham Murakami » 04 Mar 2018, 17:23

Deebank wrote:This just popped up on my FB timeline.

https://www.outsideleft.com/main.php?updateID=1528

It is the first and indeed the only interview with Maurice Deebank I have seen - and very interesting to any Felt fans.

There were rumours he had become a buddhist and he certainly seems to be on that road.

Lawrence still speaks very highly of MD - he does not return the compliment! :lol:

I read it earlier and it was fascinating. The new reissues sound lovely (I'm playing the hi-res Spendour of Fear now and its gorgeous) especially the musicianship. But, if these had been tracks on records by Steve Howe, who he cites, or if Felt had gone on to top the sonic cathedrals of Primitive Painters, I don't think I would have been interested. The thing that made Felt great was Laurence: there was something about him and his version of the whole story of Felt that made the ten albums and all the singles stand out at the time and still makes me want to play them today.

(I haven't bothered with the new Go-Kart Mozart yet - the Laurence of Belgravia film didn't exactly make it seem that Laurence was on top musical form)