QT live!

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: QT live!

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Jul 2018, 23:18

What is the point of these shows?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Jul 2018, 23:21

Clearly a Tory
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

DRUGS SNAKE
hounds people off the board
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Postby DRUGS SNAKE » 05 Jul 2018, 23:22

Goat Boy wrote:What is the point of these shows?

QT in general?

I love it. Nobody particularly comes off well but I find it consistently entertaining. And I really like Dimbleby.
Ghost of Harry Smith wrote:I have no idea what this thread is trying to achieve.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Jul 2018, 23:25

ORORORO wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:What is the point of these shows?

QT in general?

I love it. Nobody particularly comes off well but I find it consistently entertaining. And I really like Dimbleby.

A lot of it is just fluff though. Politicians reciting rote spiel, dumb ass types like that lass on the left.

DRUGS SNAKE

Postby DRUGS SNAKE » 05 Jul 2018, 23:28

Ah yeah.

But, you know, no hiding place. It's a good thing.

I laugh a lot too. Audience members talking shite, Dimbleby being cheeky, politicians trapped. All kinds of fun.
Ghost of Harry Smith wrote:I have no idea what this thread is trying to achieve.

DRUGS SNAKE

Postby DRUGS SNAKE » 05 Jul 2018, 23:29

She's the CEO of a football club, by the way. One of only two women in the country who do that or something.

She's fucking simple

DRUGS SNAKE

Postby DRUGS SNAKE » 12 Sep 2018, 17:59

BACK tomorrow!

with the LUVLY Faiza Shaheen

and the APPALLLLLLING Julia Hartley-Brewer

Looking forward to the endless pages of debate that ensue here, QT fans!

DRUGS SNAKE

Postby DRUGS SNAKE » 01 Nov 2018, 22:55

oh Kate

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 02 Nov 2018, 10:22

RELD-LOMAX inc. wrote:I do get tired of this ‘we voted to leave NOW LETS GET ON WITH IT’ nonsense- you hear it nearly every week and it’s always met with applause. It’s incredibly shallow and ignorant

I love it when I hear Brexiteers come out with that “let’s get on with it” line. It’s comical - if only we were all as practical and efficient as they are, there wouldn’t be any etc. etc.

I had Sky News on in the background the other day and some senile old fuck was talking about Brexit and how the British people had voted to leave and their wishes must be respected and so on and then he said – talking in capital letters just like you say – “let’s just GET ON WITH IT”. At that point I had to get up and see who was talking. Jeffrey Archer! Senile old fuck.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 02 Nov 2018, 22:19

I was in the audience when QT was in Exeter a few years ago. The panel included Michael Winner, Peter Hain, Francis Maude and some instantly forgettable lib dem.

Interesting experience : you have to apply for tickets and answer a questionnaire. Had to get to the venue a while before it went on air, and submit your questions in writing. David Dimbleby was mingling with everyone and seemed very affable.

Once we were in the room itself, they did a practice q and a, before it went on air. There's a few minutes' delay between filming and broadcast to allow for unsavoury incidents.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Nuts

Postby Nuts » 03 Nov 2018, 16:07

Christ! I bet it ponged a bit with Michael Winner on the panel
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 03 Nov 2018, 16:48

Nuts wrote:Christ! I bet it ponged a bit with Michael Winner on the panel

I just googled it - 2005, apparently. Still felt the need to go home and have a long shower afterwards, though. :shock:
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

DRUGS SNAKE

Postby DRUGS SNAKE » 08 Nov 2018, 22:50

how did they know there'd be offensive language before the LIVE show had even started? :?

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 08 Nov 2018, 23:55

It’s live in front of an audience, not live in real time.

DRUGS SNAKE

Postby DRUGS SNAKE » 09 Nov 2018, 00:36

Yes but there's only a five-minute lag. Or so I was led to believe.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 09 Nov 2018, 07:01

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/q ... efault.stm

Is the programme live?
Question Time is recorded in front of a live audience from around 2030 GMT each Thursday. The reasons for not broadcasting live at 2235 GMT are to limit inconvenience to spectators and guests (enabling them to appear on the programme at locations across the country and still return to their homes at a reasonable hour) and maximise the number of leading politicians and political commentators willing to take part in the programme.

DRUGS SNAKE

Postby DRUGS SNAKE » 09 Nov 2018, 09:08

OK - thanks.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 09 Nov 2018, 09:12

Yep, I was an audience member back in 1991 and remember it being filmed at about 730 or so.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 09 Nov 2018, 09:15

Toby wrote:Yep, I was an audience member back in 1991 and remember it being filmed at about 730 or so.

I did it a couple of years earlier in Brighton Corn Exchange Peter Sissons was in the chair - it was still light outside.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

DRUGS SNAKE

Postby DRUGS SNAKE » 09 Nov 2018, 09:17

Anyway, there were several examples of offensive racial terms used, but just from the panel to make a point.

Earlier in the programme one of the audience members said that criminals who kill using knives should be 'exterminated'. I have to say it was quite funny, 'cos the word came at the end of his little speech, and up until that point the audience had been with him, cheering and bits of applause. When he ended with that, there was an audible gasp followed by dead silence for a couple of seconds.

Jordan Peterson was pretty good, I thought.

Only two or three more shows with Dimbleby :(