68%

Total votes: 40

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Rees Mogg or Corbyn?

Postby Copehead » 11 Mar 2018, 23:44

THE NIGHT BEAK wrote:
German Dave wrote:
Nick wrote:You think there aren't a lot of people, mostly on the left, who single out Israel as a central and fundamental evil in the world?

Are you serious, Nick? I honestly don't know anyone who "singles out Israel as a central and fundamental evil in the world."

:shock:

It positively defines quite a few people I know! It's a classic left-wing viewpoint. Israel is seen as an extension of the USA in the region.

The classic left wing view point was always unquestioning support of plucky Israel, at least until the mid 80s after Ariel Sharon's invasion of Lebanon started to erode support. Israel was set up as secular democracy and was usually run by left wing governments until the massive influx of dubiously Jewish Russians in the 80s and 90s.

You know the square root of fuck all about left wing politics.

How different to every other subject
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 11 Mar 2018, 23:48

Deebank wrote:
Nick wrote:That figures.

One of the real fighters against fascism who has actually faced down real violent anti-semitism.

Like I say - fight on TG.

:lol:

Oh please, have a word with yourself. Greenstein is on record with some shocking stuff. It's no surprise Labour binned him.

Shocking stuff? I suppose it is a shock to some people that a Jew can be left wing and anti-Zionist.

Not sure why considering the history of left wing thought and politics.

Labour's shabby treatment of Tony Greenstein is about the most anti-Semitic thing they have ever done so not surprised to see Nick applaud it :)

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 Mar 2018, 00:17

Copehead wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Nick wrote: The Jewish vote for Labour has dropped drastically since Corbyn has become leader.

Is there any evidence of this?

It would be difficult to dig such small numbers of voters out of the massive, nearly 50%, increase in the Labour vote since Labour voted Jeremy Corbyn as leader, back up to 44% in the latest Survation poll;

Crumbs. If he is 50% more popular than you thought Ed Miliband was, then he must be heading for a 300 seat majority at the next election. Which means you think Labour will win at least 500 seats.

I shall be watching with interest!!
You don't like me...do you?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 12 Mar 2018, 00:37

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Is there any evidence of this?

It would be difficult to dig such small numbers of voters out of the massive, nearly 50%, increase in the Labour vote since Labour voted Jeremy Corbyn as leader, back up to 44% in the latest Survation poll;

Crumbs. If he is 50% more popular than you thought Ed Miliband was, then he must be heading for a 300 seat majority at the next election. Which means you think Labour will win at least 500 seats.

I shall be watching with interest!!

Me too.

You can argue about the fine numbers but not about the direction of travel, it has been dramatic. Started by his acceptance on the left and in Labour and last election took him to the mainstream and now Labour are hitting polling figures only Blair hit post the post war period of 2 party politics and then only once in 1997.

The weird thing about Corbyn is the more people are exposed to him the more they seem to like him when I always assumed he would kryptonite to Joe Public.

Who could have guessed that saying what you mean in long boring detail while smiling like your favourite uncle could be a winning strategy?

People really were fed up with shiny suited spivs and people who start sentences with "Listen...., look....., I've been clear........" etc, there will always be a few unthinking, forelock tugging drones like you around impressed by being talked down to in cut glass accents by public schoolboys but your numbers appear to dwindling.

Happy days.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 12 Mar 2018, 07:23

Copehead wrote:The weird thing about Corbyn is the more people are exposed to him the more they seem to like him when I always assumed he would kryptonite to Joe Public.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which is no doubt why he has scuttled off to you tube to make his " pronouncements " rather than face the press. I think your idea that he is getting more popular is laughable. Half the country still don't know who he is, because he hides behind even more disgusting people, like Emily Thornberry and John McDonnell. Although I note the latter has also retreated behind the safety of you tube sermons of late, again , rather than have his cant exposed for the nonsense it is.

Neither seem to understand that 500,000 members may be a lot, even if most of them are children. But you need 11 million votes, and the other ten and half million people do need to be engaged with. Even if they are in the North.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 12 Mar 2018, 07:24

Copehead wrote:
People really were fed up with shiny suited spivs and people who start sentences with "Listen...., look....., I've been clear........" etc, there will always be a few unthinking, forelock tugging drones like you around impressed by being talked down to in cut glass accents by public schoolboys but your numbers appear to dwindling.

Happy days.

That still sounds like every politician from every party to me. Corbyn is a repeat offender as far as this sort thing is concerned.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 12 Mar 2018, 08:02

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:The weird thing about Corbyn is the more people are exposed to him the more they seem to like him when I always assumed he would kryptonite to Joe Public.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which is no doubt why he has scuttled off to you tube to make his " pronouncements " rather than face the press. I think your idea that he is getting more popular is laughable. Half the country still don't know who he is, because he hides behind even more disgusting people, like Emily Thornberry and John McDonnell. Although I note the latter has also retreated behind the safety of you tube sermons of late, again , rather than have his cant exposed for the nonsense it is.

Neither seem to understand that 500,000 members may be a lot, even if most of them are children. But you need 11 million votes, and the other ten and half million people do need to be engaged with. Even if they are in the North.

Why should he face a press run by foreign, or foreign domiciled right wing extremists? they aren't part of the democratic process in this country.

Much better to get his message directly to voters, can't imagine why you'd have a problem with that.

Laugh all you want it is undoubtedly true, Labour were 20 points behind the Tories at the start of last year's election campaign and ended up less than 2 points behind and since then they have moved into a lead.

The only realistic view of why that happened is that people were exposed to Corbyn and his program unfiltered due to the requirement for equal time during election campaigns on TV and people both liked him and his program, I can't think of another reason for this wholly remarkable and quite unprecedented turn around in political fortunes.

He is popular, I think only Nicola Sturgeon is more popular, but you don't like her either.

I fear you are in for a longish period of disappointment my dear chap.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 12 Mar 2018, 08:07

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Happy days.

That still sounds like every politician from every party to me. Corbyn is a repeat offender as far as this sort thing is concerned.

that's the thing he is noticeably different, hence his burgeoning popularity.

It is decidedly odd but there you go, quite heartening really that people are turning their backs on spin and lies

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 12 Mar 2018, 09:06

Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Happy days.

that's the thing he is noticeably different, hence his burgeoning popularity.

It is decidedly odd but there you go, quite heartening really that people are turning their backs on spin and lies

Utter rubbish.

You are sick.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 12 Mar 2018, 09:25

K wrote:The crazy thing is, even after all these pages of debate, the answer is still Corbyn, It is never Rees Mogg, is it?

The crazy thing is actually 27 pages of this shit.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 12 Mar 2018, 12:52

The idea that Corbyn is going to be any different from previous constituents if he is, god forbid, elected is laughable.

This isn't about left and right, it's about the trappings of power and what comes with it. If Corbyn became PM, he would find himself in a sludge of miscommunication, lies, making the best worst decision and spin just like any other politician before him. He might have a honeymoon period and try to pass some acts, but he would be bogged down by civil service Mandarins time and time again.

I don't see any evidence that things would be any different.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 12 Mar 2018, 12:58

Toby wrote:The idea that Corbyn is going to be any different from previous constituents if he is, god forbid, elected is laughable.

This isn't about left and right, it's about the trappings of power and what comes with it. If Corbyn became PM, he would find himself in a sludge of miscommunication, lies, making the best worst decision and spin just like any other politician before him. He might have a honeymoon period and try to pass some acts, but he would be bogged down by civil service Mandarins time and time again.

Even if he gets Copehead's proposed 500 seat majority?

Surely he could do as he pleased?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 Mar 2018, 17:07

http://hurryupharry.org/2018/03/12/good-old-tony-greenstein/

Good to know that anti semitism doesn’t hurt Jews
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 12 Mar 2018, 21:24

Goat Boy wrote:http://hurryupharry.org/2018/03/12/good-old-tony-greenstein/

I’m impressed, the old git must be behaving himself if that’s the best you can find :lol:
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 Mar 2018, 21:28

Deebank wrote:

I’m impressed, the old git must be behaving himself if that’s the best you can find :lol:

What a legend!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 12 Mar 2018, 22:01

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:that's the thing he is noticeably different, hence his burgeoning popularity.

You are sick.

Yo thanks homie.

8-)

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 12 Mar 2018, 22:11

Toby wrote:The idea that Corbyn is going to be any different from previous constituents if he is, god forbid, elected is laughable.

Oh great Toby has joined the intellectual powerhouse that is the - they are all as bad as each other so why bother voting *sneaks off to vote for pig fucking Tory* crowd.

How terribly surprising

Yes lesser people who don't vote like you are all blinded by the terrible charisma that this superannuated, bearded vegetarian wields, and have all forgotten the disappointments of T. Blair esq.

Thank goodness people didn't think like that in 1945 or you'd be sweeping roads and praying that you and your family didn't get ill like our forefathers did.

Of all the shabby tricks, telling people that politicians and Parties are all the same in the hope of depressing voter numbers when you have no belief in the statement or no intention of following your own heavily implied solution is one of the shabbiest.

Not up there with the out and out lies people tell about Corbyn being a racist or a spy or a traitor but probably more damaging to democracy in the long term.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 12 Mar 2018, 22:14

Goat Boy wrote:
Deebank wrote:

What a legend!

He has done infinitely more to address real anti-Semitism in this country than you ever have

Deebank has some rather funny pictures of him getting his head kicked in by Fascists if I remember correctly.

You'd run a mile Dougie boy, Tony never has.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 12 Mar 2018, 23:13

I don't get it. What's hurryupharry and how does it relate?

I haven't forgotten the points made directly to me by Nick and Dougie, by the way. I intend to reply properly but it may be some time next week. Loads on at work this week.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 12 Mar 2018, 23:33

Copehead wrote:
He has done infinitely more to address real anti-Semitism in this country than you ever have

Deebank has some rather funny pictures of him getting his head kicked in by Fascists if I remember correctly.

You'd run a mile Dougie boy, Tony never has.

*pulls up a chair*
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."