Should Julian Assange be free to leave?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
bobzilla77

Re: Should Julian Assange be free to leave?

Postby bobzilla77 » 23 Jul 2018, 23:46

That could work! Trump can put him on the 2020 campaign, and we will lift the tariffs on crumpet.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 30 Jul 2018, 09:46

Last Tuesday a top lawyer for the New York Times named David McCraw warned a room full of judges that the prosecution of Julian Assange for WikiLeaks publications would set a very dangerous precedent which would end up hurting mainstream news media outlets like NYT, the Washington Post, and other outlets which publish secret government documents.

“I think the prosecution of him would be a very, very bad precedent for publishers,” McCraw said. “From that incident, from everything I know, he’s sort of in a classic publisher’s position and I think the law would have a very hard time drawing a distinction between The New York Times and WikiLeaks.”

Do you know where I read about this? Not in the New York Times.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/in-r ... fd0cce471c
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 22 Aug 2018, 15:36

BBC accused of ‘breaching code’ by putting Assange critic in charge of special on WikiLeaks founder
Published time: 1 Aug, 2018 17:20

BBC’s Newsnight will air a special on WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange hosted by journalist John Sweeney, despite what the #FreeAssange campaign say are tweets in “clear breach” of the BBC objectivity standards by the journalist.

John Sweeney

@johnsweeneyroar

A great insight into Putin's most unaware useful idiot, Julian Assange. Comic on Russian democracy http://www.repubblica.it/esteri/2016/12 ... 154754000/ … via @repubblicait
6:34 PM - Dec 28, 2016

John Sweeney

@johnsweeneyroar
Replying to @abbydees

Julian Assange is the Prisoner of Knightsbridge. It's a yet to be made film about a Russian agent holed up in London's fancy area @abbydees
1:27 AM - Mar 10, 2017

https://www.rt.com/uk/434862-assange-john-sweeney-bbc/
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 22 Aug 2018, 22:32

He should pack a small ruck sack, go and stand on the embassy doorstep, point suddenly and dramatically at the sky in one direction and then quickly leg it in the other direction. That'll work.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 23 Aug 2018, 01:25

:lol: Boots Randolph will be standing by to provide musical accompaniment.
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 19 Oct 2018, 15:46

He's free to clean his cats litter tray anytime he wants but the fucker doesn't.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 23 Oct 2018, 20:37

Sneelock wrote::lol: Boots Randolph will be standing by to provide musical accompaniment.

Yaketyleaks!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 17 Nov 2018, 13:36

Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... f316815a3d

See, he wasn't being paranoid. The US wants his ass - in prison.

Julian Assange was never hiding from justice. Julian Assange is, and always has been, hiding from injustice. He has been proven right about his reasons for seeking political asylum from Ecuador, as he has been proven right about so very much before.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/the- ... 4453ad7941

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 Nov 2018, 13:37

Trump’s despicable prosecution of Assange, and corporate liberalism’s full-throated support for it, has fully discredited all of mainstream US politics on both sides of the aisle. Nobody in that hot mess stands for anything. If you’re still looking to Trump or the Democrats to protect you from the rising tide of fascism, the time to make your exit is now.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/the- ... 9f4093da22

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 19 Nov 2018, 14:32

Jimbo wrote:
Trump’s despicable prosecution of Assange, and corporate liberalism’s full-throated support for it, has fully discredited all of mainstream US politics on both sides of the aisle. Nobody in that hot mess stands for anything. If you’re still looking to Trump or the Democrats to protect you from the rising tide of fascism, the time to make your exit is now.

I don’t have time to read the link right now, but does it mention (or do you know) what crimes Assange has been charged with violating?
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 Nov 2018, 14:35

LeBaron wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

I don’t have time to read the link right now, but does it mention (or do you know) what crimes Assange has been charged with violating?

As a matter of fact, no. Do tell.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 19 Nov 2018, 14:52

:lol:

Dearie me.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 19 Nov 2018, 14:56

Jimbo wrote:
LeBaron wrote:

I don’t know! I don’t think it’s out there yet. But surely the validity of any discussion of charges hinges somewhat on the actual charges?
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 19 Nov 2018, 15:27

LeBaron wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
LeBaron wrote:

I don’t know! I don’t think it’s out there yet. But surely the validity of any discussion of charges hinges somewhat on the actual charges?

You'd think. but in this case, aside from jumping bail in Britain for a charge that has since been dismissed (the supposed rape in Sweden) there's nothing unless they want to bring up some national secrecy charge. They are railroading him to discourage whistle blowers to keep the elite's dirty laundry in the hamper.