Shooting in Florida

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Beatles
hounds people off the board

Re: Shooting in Florida

Postby The Beatles » 31 Mar 2018, 14:36

the Fred Dinenage of bees! wrote:BCB is boring bald men stroking each other's cocks while recommending Alan Parsons Project bootlegs

sneelock

Postby sneelock » 01 Apr 2018, 00:37

He attacks them for attacking American families (which they haven’t done)
He calls them ignorant & stupid while saying ignorant and stupid things about them.
He says they have no soul... I’ll bet you can guess where I’m going with this.

Laura Ingram made fun of David Hogg not getting into the colleges he applied to. David Hogg responded merely by asking his readers to contact her advertisers if they had an opinion about it. Now Laura is taking a week off.

Attack Mode is the only mode most of these “pundits” and commentators understand. It’s nice to see it not working out so well for them for a change. I doubt Ted will take any time off but I hope he can manage fit a rabies shot into his busy schedule.
TuckerCrowe wrote:Is irony your answer to everything ?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 02 May 2018, 15:45

Shocking Gun Ad By Georgia Gubernatorial Candidate Brian Kemp Backfires
Kemp points a shotgun at a teenager who then professes a “healthy appreciation for the Second Amendment.”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/br ... aed1bd61c6

Fucking Georgia.

:x
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 02 May 2018, 15:46

“I’m Brian Kemp, this is Jake, a young man interested in one of my daughters,” Kemp, the candidate and Georgia’s current secretary of state, says while polishing a double-barrel shotgun on his lap in the middle of a room decked out with handguns, hunting rifles, and at least two AR-15-style weapons.

“Yes, sir,” Jake, a young man in khakis, responds.

“Jake asked why I was running for governor,” Kemp says. He prompts Jake to list off: to “cap government spending,” to “take a chainsaw to regulations,” and to “make Georgia number one for small business.”

“And two things if you’re going to date one of my daughters?” Kemp then asks.

“Respect,” Jake answers. “And a healthy respect for the Second Amendment, sir.”

Kemp then cocks the gun up, apparently toward Jake, and then says, “We’re going to get along just fine.”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... un-ad.html
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 02 May 2018, 18:07

Yeah there's something about a teenager expressing "a healthy respect for the 2nd amendment" while a gun is being pointed at his head, that resonates in the present moment.
Jimbo wrote:I guess I am over Graham Nash's politics. Hopelessly naive by the standards I've molded for myself these days.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 May 2018, 19:31

So Santa Fe, TX is the latest. 22nd school shooting in the US this year.

I saw a short interview with a sweet little girl after the shooting and they asked her if the shooting seemed unreal.

She said, "No, it's happening everywhere; I always thought that eventually it would happen here too."

Sad.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 May 2018, 21:45

At lunch, I saw Ted Cruz speaking at Santa Fe High School on CNN. He's among the largest recipients of NRA funds in Congress (No.1 in 2016).

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 18 May 2018, 23:02

Of all places in the world, Kent State. It's so, so incredibly wrong. :(

Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 May 2018, 23:25

Geezee wrote:Of all places in the world, Kent State. It's so, so incredibly wrong. :(

She got blasted on Twitter for this. On Fox, she said people were saying it was white entitlement and she had no idea why they'd say that. This, in the same week cops came to Harvard to find out why a female black student was sleeping in the dorm common room before finals because another student had reported her.

On another note, just last month, the students from Santa Fe High protested gun violence.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 20 May 2018, 16:45

I managed to completely forget that there had been another major school shooting event until I saw something about it on my Facebook feed this morning. Not sure if that says something about me or the frequency of these incidents.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?