UK cities ranking NOW WITH THRILLING POLL!

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

?

Glasgow
47%
Edinburgh
53%

Total votes: 15

Dr Markus

Re: UK cities ranking

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Feb 2018, 13:21

Glasgow - I liked it, thought the nightlife round the pubs etc is like a jungle.
Liverpool - I liked it, good banter with the locals. Mention football and you're off basically. Got thrown out of a pub but didn't really mind. Night life is very good.
Edinburgh - Love it. I have a friend settled over there and I try and get over when I can. Again good banter with the locals, and really easy to avoid dougie. Just go to the nice pubs.
Newcastle - Should come with a warning and Newcastle-English dictionary once you step off the plane. The place is just fucking madness at night. Every man for himself type of thing. Didn't do much sightseeing as it was a stage party.
Belfast - It's ok without being brilliant. It seems the most condensed city I've been to.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 16 Feb 2018, 13:55

Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 16 Feb 2018, 14:01

Ranked best to worst

I know well well
Glasgow
Edinburgh
Liverpool (I don't know as well yet.)
Oxford

ones I don't know that well
Manchester
Bristol
London
Cambridge

The rest I don't know at all
Reading
Birmingham
Sheffield
Newcastle
Hull
Leeds
Bradford
Belfast
Brighton
Nottingham
Leicester
Wolverhampton
Cardiff
Bournemouth
Portsmouth
Southampton
Coventry
Sunderland
Preston
Wakefield
Plymouth
Stoke
Derby
Swansea
York
Peterborough
Norwich
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

CAN
hounds people off the board

Postby CAN » 16 Feb 2018, 14:12

The Great Defector wrote:Edinburgh - Love it. I have a friend settled over there and I try and get over when I can. Again good banter with the locals, and really easy to avoid dougie. Just go to the nice pubs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mission wrote:the self-satisfied smug cunts like that moron Copehead

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 16 Feb 2018, 15:58

Cheeky fucking spud eating cunt!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Feb 2018, 16:03

:lol: was it something I said?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

CAN
hounds people off the board

Postby CAN » 16 Feb 2018, 16:14

That was quality tho’ D! Give him his due
mission wrote:the self-satisfied smug cunts like that moron Copehead

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 16 Feb 2018, 16:21

He has his moments. Undeniably!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 16 Feb 2018, 17:00

Nick wrote:
Chattering class types love to slag off Brits abroad for doing that, but would never dream of applying the same standard to immigrants to the UK.

Hmmm, I take issue with that. I think it's a question of being respectful to your new surroundings. I live in a city of immigrants and come into contact with parents daily who, contrary to popularly held beliefs, almost invariably do know a bit of English and, more importantly, are respectful and even (overly) humble. A few are rude and even aggressive. They can fuck right off.

British expats in Spain, at least the place I go to, vary similarly. The ignorant cunts who brag about not knowing a word of Spanish and slag off the natives can fuck off (with Toby on that one) but if they learn a few words and treat the locals with respect then fair play to them, even if they have fish and chips or curry quite often. God knows, I always have a curry in Spain myself!
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 16 Feb 2018, 17:07

German Dave wrote: God knows, I always have a curry in Spain myself!

dies a death

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 16 Feb 2018, 17:09

Toby wrote:
German Dave wrote: God knows, I always have a curry in Spain myself!

dies a death

In the summer, I mean. I'm there for six weeks, Toby!
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 16 Feb 2018, 17:24

The Modernist wrote:..inferior pressed meat products.

:o Proper Polish cold cuts are much more varied and interesting than British one's! I'm beginning to suspect this entire thread is a massve conspiracy to wind me up.
Goatboy to Belle:

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 16 Feb 2018, 17:35

The Modernist wrote:Why? I don't think what I've said is at all contentious really. And my point was a lot of Polish food products aren't particularly good, we're not talking one of the world's great cuisines here.

But you're talking about a British supermarket's take on Polish cuisine. Get yourself to a proper Polski sklep an feast your eyes on the myriad cold cuts.
Goatboy to Belle:

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 16 Feb 2018, 17:43

From what I've seen in the last 3 months I will place Bristol along Liverpool and Glasgow as my favorite cities. Norwich was nice but unfortunately didn't spend that much time there. And Stoke is Stoke, there's nothing quite like it.
I run out of talent

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 Feb 2018, 17:49

German Dave wrote:
The Modernist wrote:Why? I don't think what I've said is at all contentious really. And my point was a lot of Polish food products aren't particularly good, we're not talking one of the world's great cuisines here.

But you're talking about a British supermarket's take on Polish cuisine. Get yourself to a proper Polski sklep an feast your eyes on the myriad cold cuts.

Get yourself to Poland and try there proper meat dishes! Delicious, the rest they can keep to themselves.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 16 Feb 2018, 17:51

German Dave wrote:

I think he's talking about polish supermarkets in the UK. Maybe the range of fresh meat is better over there of course.

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 16 Feb 2018, 18:34

He said the Polish aisle.

One thing that does get my goat, though, is Polish, Lithuanian or Turkish bottled water, all of which I regularly see. Drink local water. Save the fucking planet! :x
Goatboy to Belle:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Feb 2018, 18:43

German Dave wrote:Save the fucking planet! :x

I agree! I look forward to your future tales of swimming to Spain cutting out those naughty planes!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 16 Feb 2018, 19:20

Premium Fantasy Woman wrote:
German Dave wrote:Save the fucking planet! :x

I agree! I look forward to your future tales of swimming to Spain cutting out those naughty planes!

I'm no saint but I try to buy British bottles of water (or the local source if elsewhere) and I haven't owned a car for 15 years. Being European, I fucking refuse to have a tumble drier too. We also subscribe to a locally grown vegetables scheme and I avoid supermarkets as much as we can. And one day we intend to live in the Spanish hills, virtually self sufficient. Just call us Tom and Barbara Good!
Goatboy to Belle:

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 16 Feb 2018, 19:30

German Dave wrote:He said the Polish aisle.

One thing that does get my goat, though, is Polish, Lithuanian or Turkish bottled water, all of which I regularly see. Drink local water. Save the fucking planet! :x

True but it's the same shit you get in the supermarkets, just a wider variety of Polish foods.