Financial Shenanigans (again)

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Financial Shenanigans (again)

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Feb 2018, 08:44

So Barclays Bank PLC has been charged with "Unlawful Financial Assistance" relating to a loan from Qatar Holdings after the financial crisis in 2008 (that's ten years ago, folks). Full story here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43029731

Here's a snippet :

In 2008, to avoid a government bailout, Barclays took a £12bn loan from Qatar Holdings.
Under that deal Barclays loaned £2.3bn back to Qatar Holdings and it is that part of the transaction that the charge of unlawful financial assistance is related to.
In a brief statement, the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) said that £2.3bn loan was "for the purpose of directly or indirectly acquiring shares in Barclays Plc".

A near 20% 'bribe' to secure the loan.... I mean, it's not Wonga but, even so, you'd have thought that might have been transparent enough to have seen action a little more quickly, don't you?
Bruce Springsteen wrote: May the living let us in/Before the dead tear us apart"

Griff's Colombian Friend
funky thigh collector

Re: Financial Shenanigans (again)

Postby Griff's Colombian Friend » 12 Feb 2018, 10:24

Diamond Dog wrote:So

:x
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Feb 2018, 10:25

Bernie on FB wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:So

:x

:lol:

I wondered who would bite first! lol
Bruce Springsteen wrote: May the living let us in/Before the dead tear us apart"

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Feb 2018, 12:09

First of all, I think your "So" is appropriate in this case. It's like rubbing your hands together before dishing out some gossip. "So have you heard about Phillip?"

Second, I thought you were going to mention the Irish banking scandal.

Calls for a criminal investigation into Ireland's latest banking scandal

Shock revelations that up to 30,000 Irish mortgage holders have been defrauded by their banks have led to calls for a full criminal investigation to be carried out into Ireland’s tracker mortgage scandal. https://www.irishcentral.com/news/polit ... plaination
Gadfly