Scientists

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32148
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Scientists

Postby Goat Boy » 24 Dec 2017, 12:08

Were you really stoned last night, Hatz?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27112
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Scientists

Postby toomanyhatz » 24 Dec 2017, 20:21

Ooh, cogent debate! I am floored!

Where's Copey? I'm sure he'd like to share a back slap.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23808
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Scientists

Postby Copehead » 24 Dec 2017, 22:04

toomanyhatz wrote:Ooh, cogent debate! I am floored!

Where's Copey? I'm sure he'd like to share a back slap.


whoo hoo!

Image

What's going on?
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32148
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Scientists

Postby Goat Boy » 24 Dec 2017, 22:09

toomanyhatz wrote:Ooh, cogent debate! I am floored!

Where's Copey? I'm sure he'd like to share a back slap.


Ooo sarcasm!!

Oooo Cogent debate!!

Hatz sayz religion is fucking awesome!!!

As is science!!!

Merry Xmas!!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
hippopotamus
Posts: 937
Joined: 22 Dec 2015, 11:00

Re: Scientists

Postby hippopotamus » 26 Dec 2017, 10:16

toomanyhatz wrote:Ooh, cogent debate!


Your face is a cogent debate. So sayeth scientist.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?


Indeed, what is point?

User avatar
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman
Posts: 17728
Joined: 17 Oct 2010, 14:10
Location: Unrecognized Genius, Me.

Re: Scientists

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 26 Dec 2017, 15:24

Never mind my sorrow and thoughts: a gift from me to mr. Toby:

Toby wrote:
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:
kewl klive wrote:
The promotion of Scientists to their current role as New Gods is a shame. I liked it when we didn’t have to fucking know everything about everything and have an opinion on it.

Cold rational facts - fuck that.

Stunningly.


It is a shame. And it certainly not contradictory to the cold, rational fact that I'm a trained scientist myself.

We are living in an age of scientism. This means: science is unjustly being deified. Scientism means: the idolatrous belief that the sciences will eventually explain and resolve all all the human problems that are worthy of investigation in the first place.

All remaining problems aren't even deserving of our attention.

This distorted view of human reality led, amongst many other things, to phrenology and eugenics.

And to the social Darwinism that we experience nowadays.

Guys quite popular in their day, like Hitler and Stalin, were promotors of scientism.


This is your best post.


Thank you (heartfelt). And, without any irony: the finest BCB compliment for yours truly, in the dreadful year that goes by the label of "2017").

Sorry, bumpy vain thing by me: I do this, because it helps me so much.
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 66085
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Scientists

Postby Diamond Dog » 26 Dec 2017, 15:58

Are you a trained scientist, by any chance?
The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23808
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Scientists

Postby Copehead » 26 Dec 2017, 21:24

I didn't realize that I, as a proper bona fide scientist, had been promoted to the position of NEW GOD

What does this mean for me personally?

Can I, just as a for instance, give Toby boils and Coan a prolapsed rectum by some godly means?

Are there monetary benefits for me or is it just people like you worshipping me, which would be a disappointment frankly, money would be better.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35116
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Scientists

Postby yomptepi » 26 Dec 2017, 21:35

kewl klive wrote:The promotion of Scientists to their current role as New Gods is a shame. I liked it when we didn’t have to fucking know everything about everything and have an opinion on it.

Cold rational facts - fuck that.



Is there any such thing as a cold rational fact? Everything seems to change all the time, and things we assumed were cold hard facts turn out to be wrong. If science was as simple as on/ off, then it would be much easier to follow the present attempted lionisation of the scientist. But because they keep getting things wrong...even basic things, it is hard to treat them with anything but suspicion. I do appreciate that because they are finding things out all the time, then stuff does change, but that doesn't really give anyone reason to trust them. Quite the opposite in fact.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35116
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Scientists

Postby yomptepi » 26 Dec 2017, 21:38

Copehead wrote:I didn't realize that I, as a proper bona fide scientist, had been promoted to the position of NEW GOD

What does this mean for me personally?

Can I, just as a for instance, give Toby boils and Coan a prolapsed rectum by some godly means?

Are there monetary benefits for me or is it just people like you worshipping me, which would be a disappointment frankly, money would be better.


I think you might be the exception that proves the rule will. especially after your spectacular election predictions...
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23808
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Scientists

Postby Copehead » 26 Dec 2017, 21:46

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:I didn't realize that I, as a proper bona fide scientist, had been promoted to the position of NEW GOD

What does this mean for me personally?

Can I, just as a for instance, give Toby boils and Coan a prolapsed rectum by some godly means?

Are there monetary benefits for me or is it just people like you worshipping me, which would be a disappointment frankly, money would be better.


I think you might be the exception that proves the rule will. especially after your spectacular election predictions...


I spent nothing on my election predictions and I was no more wrong than Ashcroft and he spent millions of pounds.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35116
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Scientists

Postby yomptepi » 26 Dec 2017, 21:51

Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:I didn't realize that I, as a proper bona fide scientist, had been promoted to the position of NEW GOD

What does this mean for me personally?

Can I, just as a for instance, give Toby boils and Coan a prolapsed rectum by some godly means?

Are there monetary benefits for me or is it just people like you worshipping me, which would be a disappointment frankly, money would be better.


I think you might be the exception that proves the rule will. especially after your spectacular election predictions...


I spent nothing on my election predictions and I was no more wrong than Ashcroft and he spent millions of pounds.


So you are both completely incompetent then?
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23808
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Scientists

Postby Copehead » 26 Dec 2017, 22:18

yomptepi wrote:So you are both completely incompetent then?


Both equally incompetent

Actually I was only reporting other people's incompetence, I didn't actually do any polling myself

I think I may have mentioned my lack of personal analysis of poll data
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35116
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Scientists

Postby yomptepi » 27 Dec 2017, 00:04

Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:So you are both completely incompetent then?


Both equally incompetent

Actually I was only reporting other people's incompetence, I didn't actually do any polling myself

I think I may have mentioned my lack of personal analysis of poll data


Typical fucking scientist.

Always reserve the right to change your mind when it turns out you are wrong.
You don't like me...do you?

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23808
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Scientists

Postby Copehead » 27 Dec 2017, 00:17

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
yomptepi wrote:So you are both completely incompetent then?


Both equally incompetent

Actually I was only reporting other people's incompetence, I didn't actually do any polling myself

I think I may have mentioned my lack of personal analysis of poll data


Typical fucking scientist.

Always reserve the right to change your mind when it turns out you are wrong.


Mike clever people change their mind if the evidence changes, it is idiots and Tories who don't do that.

Sorry about the tautology
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 66085
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: Scientists

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Dec 2017, 04:51

Copehead wrote:I didn't realize that I, as a proper bona fide scientist,


Yeah but are you a trained scientist?

These things are worthy of emphasis.
The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23808
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Scientists

Postby Copehead » 27 Dec 2017, 05:40

Diamond Dog wrote:
Copehead wrote:I didn't realize that I, as a proper bona fide scientist,


Yeah but are you a trained scientist?

They're the best (apparently).


Yes, yes I am!

And I have the certificates to prove I have done the training

You are dealing with a man who passed the Halliburton Advanced Geophysics course

All these years I was a NEW GOD and I never realized it, what a waste.

The first thing I am going to do, actually second after giving Coan a prolapsed rectum, is decide which day will be my holy day. Every Sunday seems a bit presumptuous and old fashioned, my birthday ticks a box but it is deep in some shitty winter weather. So I was thinking every 4th Saturday, that gives me 13 holy days a year and I like the number 13 a lot, people already don't go to work so that is convenient and people already do a lot of gathering at sports grounds and pubs on that day where they can slip in a bit of worship and pass the plate, what do other gods ask for when it comes to tithing?

Thoughts?
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22942
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Scientists

Postby Deebank » 27 Dec 2017, 08:27

Copehead wrote:, what do other gods ask for when it comes to tithing?

Thoughts?


It’s usually dead goats isn’t it?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 23808
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Scientists

Postby Copehead » 27 Dec 2017, 09:47

Deebank wrote:
Copehead wrote:, what do other gods ask for when it comes to tithing?

Thoughts?


It’s usually dead goats isn’t it?


:(

What about diced kid so I can make a nice curry?
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice
Posts: 35116
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 17:57
Location: well

Re: Scientists

Postby yomptepi » 27 Dec 2017, 11:11

Copehead wrote:
Mike clever people change their mind if the evidence changes, it is idiots and Tories who don't do that.

Sorry about the tautology


Of course. But how many times do we get apologies from scientists when they are wrong and it costs us our health and our cars , like with the diesel claims?

All we ever get is bollocks about evidence and facts being irrefutable. They ignore the fact that the facts were irrefutable before too.

Cunts.
You don't like me...do you?