Monarchy the institution. Yes or no?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Keep the monarchy?

Yes - they are personally important to me and must stay.
13%
No - they are irrelevant to me and serve no purpose. Give it a year and they won't be missed.
67%
Couldn't give a stuff either way.
20%

Total votes: 45

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Monarchy the institution. Yes or no?

Postby copehead » 17 Oct 2022, 11:53

Diamond Dog wrote:If anything my views have become more anti than previously - having to suffer the three weeks of cringing bullshit that came after her death certainly reinforced my loathing of every thing about the Monarchy.

Apparently I have moved from - couldn't give a stuff either way - to very much anti, after the last few weeks of fawning, bowing and forelock tugging, what a shitty spectacle
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Re: Monarchy the institution. Yes or no?

Postby souphound » 20 Oct 2022, 18:42

We very recently had a provincial election here and all newly elected deputies, among other things, had to swear allegiance to the king before being allowed to assert their seat (a constitutional requirement apparently). This time, a handful of them, from separatist parties, refused to do so and instead only swore their allegiance to the people of the province.

There is now much debate as to what will happen. It's a good thing that's the only issue the government needs to address at this time.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Return to “Nextdoorland”