2%
daft
4%

Total votes: 131

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Jan 2018, 10:22

In all honesty I don't know what others think of me on here - anymore than my impression of others is how they think I perceive them.

If the question was how do I see myself, that's easy. But I try not to spend my life second guessing others - it becomes a dangerously self obsessed trait.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 14 Jan 2018, 11:49

Where’s the ”instantly forgettable” option?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Jan 2018, 12:46

Think I'm seen as a mentor, guru, inspiration, Jedi master. That kinda thing.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Jan 2018, 13:08

The Great Defector wrote:Think I'm seen as a mentor, guru, inspiration, Jedi master. That kinda thing.

sloopjohnc wrote:I think this is a losing game - I don't think people are very good judges of themselves. I've seen too many people in public and wonder what they were thinking when they looked in the mirror in the morning and stepped out the front door. I think the same goes on here with what we write and how we interpret the responses.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 14 Jan 2018, 13:59

PENK wrote:Where’s the ”instantly forgettable” option?

Hi, welcome to BCB - head over to the "newbie introduction" thread, have fun and stick around!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Jan 2018, 15:21

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Think I'm seen as a mentor, guru, inspiration, Jedi master. That kinda thing.

sloopjohnc wrote:I think this is a losing game - I don't think people are very good judges of themselves. I've seen too many people in public and wonder what they were thinking when they looked in the mirror in the morning and stepped out the front door. I think the same goes on here with what we write and how we interpret the responses.

Dark side he uses.....hmmmmm.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 14 Jan 2018, 16:49

German Dave wrote:Actually, I went for friendly, bad-tempered, gobshite, leftie clown.

At least you're self aware!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Jan 2018, 00:26

It's interesting to see how people have changed, as well as their views, during their years on here. I remember carefree, student Penk when he first got on here and now he's a stoic Swede, like the country he's adopted.

In all seriousness, it's been interesting to see how the young folks who came on here, you, Ed, Django, Markus, Fireplug, etc., have moved around and had families. Fireplug posted a photo of his son in skater gear on Facebook and I responded, "Hello halfpipe, goodbye parents' bowel control."

I remember when Steve was riding fast motorcycles all over the place. Karma's a bitch.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Jan 2018, 11:37

German Dave wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:At least you're self aware!

You'll get there in the end, Dougie.

That's what I'm afraid of
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Fireplug

Postby Fireplug » 15 Jan 2018, 12:19

sloopjohnc wrote:

It's interesting to see how people have changed, as well as their views, during their years on here. I remember carefree, student Penk when he first got on here and now he's a stoic Swede, like the country he's adopted.

In all seriousness, it's been interesting to see how the young folks who came on here, you, Ed, Django, Markus, Fireplug, etc., have moved around and had families. Fireplug posted a photo of his son in skater gear on Facebook and I responded, "Hello halfpipe, goodbye parents' bowel control."

I remember when Steve was riding fast motorcycles all over the place. Karma's a bitch.

I've still got a fast motorcycle. And a couple of times a year I ride it in an excruciatingly sensible manner, at around half the speed I used to. I'm still relevant, damn it. And I'll soon be back to skiing and MMA and all those dangerous things too, just as soon as I get time, my back sorts itself out, I lose this weight I seem to have put on, and perhaps have a nap.

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 15 Jan 2018, 13:28

Bald.
a gibbon running freely

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Jan 2018, 18:05

Fireplug wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

I've still got a fast motorcycle. And a couple of times a year I ride it in an excruciatingly sensible manner, at around half the speed I used to. I'm still relevant, damn it. And I'll soon be back to skiing and MMA and all those dangerous things too, just as soon as I get time, my back sorts itself out, I lose this weight I seem to have put on, and perhaps have a nap.

:lol:

Sounds like me and basketball. When I. . . If I. . .

Shooting the basketball at a neighborhood court, some guy who wanted to play asked why i didn't play more.

I told him over Xmas vacation, I vowed to play every day. I shot around once and this was my first time back. . . a month later.

He was 35.

I'm 56.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 16 Jan 2018, 09:18

D4 damager with the ill behaviour.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Cantankerous
Robust

Postby Cantankerous » 24 Dec 2019, 20:34

Positive Passion wrote:I doubt anyone thinks very much of me or thinks of me very much.

You're okay

Croan wrote:One thing about the Yanks - they never seriously piddled about in
anything as preposterously pointless as prog.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 24 Dec 2019, 22:58

Back once again, with the ill behaviour.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Return to “Nextdoorland”