how are you seen by others on BCB?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

?

friendly
9
7%
knowledgeable
5
4%
weird
6
5%
bad-tempered
7
6%
intelligent
10
8%
a bully
3
2%
witty
7
6%
a bit thick
1
1%
boring
6
5%
generous
6
5%
a clown
2
2%
great taste
5
4%
terrible taste
5
4%
creative
6
5%
long-winded
8
7%
an inspiration
3
2%
fat
2
2%
bald
1
1%
gobshite
6
5%
old
2
2%
reactionary
2
2%
sexy
4
3%
a kid
2
2%
a Leftie
7
6%
impatient
3
2%
daft
5
4%
 
Total votes: 123

User avatar
SUMPTUOUS SI
hounds people off the board
Posts: 18483
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: bit reliant on prawns

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby SUMPTUOUS SI » 13 Jan 2018, 20:32

I bloody BET you do
Dimbo wrote:The media are run by the CIA. They write what they tell them to write.

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 13164
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Rayge » 13 Jan 2018, 20:43

LOL
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24091
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Copehead » 13 Jan 2018, 22:07

I put down witty too, no point in false modesty with yourself.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8667
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Pansy Puff » 13 Jan 2018, 22:30

I think most people ignore me.
The Happy Mondays were disqualified from a special edition of the BBC’s Bargain Hunt after Bez broke the show’s rules by artificially inflating prices, handing victory to Pulp.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62940
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Jan 2018, 00:44

I think this is a losing game - I don't think people are very good judges of themselves. I've seen too many people in public and wonder what they were thinking when they looked in the mirror in the morning and stepped out the front door. I think the same goes on here with what we write and how we interpret the responses. I think most people are thinking about the next thing they're going to write vs really listening or reading. They've already got their mind made up.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15424
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Jimbo » 14 Jan 2018, 01:14

Jimbo is a shithole.
Gadfly

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 66637
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Jan 2018, 10:22

In all honesty I don't know what others think of me on here - anymore than my impression of others is how they think I perceive them.

If the question was how do I see myself, that's easy. But I try not to spend my life second guessing others - it becomes a dangerously self obsessed trait.
1-800-288-8372

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 34697
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby PENK » 14 Jan 2018, 11:49

Where’s the ”instantly forgettable” option?
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Jan 2018, 12:46

Think I'm seen as a mentor, guru, inspiration, Jedi master. That kinda thing.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51157
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Butch Manly » 14 Jan 2018, 12:48

The Great Defector wrote:Think I'm seen as a mentor, guru, inspiration, Jedi master. That kinda thing.


:ugeek: :geek: :ugeek:
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62940
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby sloopjohnc » 14 Jan 2018, 13:08

The Great Defector wrote:Think I'm seen as a mentor, guru, inspiration, Jedi master. That kinda thing.


sloopjohnc wrote:I think this is a losing game - I don't think people are very good judges of themselves. I've seen too many people in public and wonder what they were thinking when they looked in the mirror in the morning and stepped out the front door. I think the same goes on here with what we write and how we interpret the responses.

User avatar
fange
Posts: 12684
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby fange » 14 Jan 2018, 13:59

PENK wrote:Where’s the ”instantly forgettable” option?

Hi, welcome to BCB - head over to the "newbie introduction" thread, have fun and stick around!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Jan 2018, 15:21

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Think I'm seen as a mentor, guru, inspiration, Jedi master. That kinda thing.


sloopjohnc wrote:I think this is a losing game - I don't think people are very good judges of themselves. I've seen too many people in public and wonder what they were thinking when they looked in the mirror in the morning and stepped out the front door. I think the same goes on here with what we write and how we interpret the responses.



Dark side he uses.....hmmmmm.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32425
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Goat Boy » 14 Jan 2018, 16:49

German Dave wrote:Actually, I went for friendly, bad-tempered, gobshite, leftie clown.


At least you're self aware!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51157
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Butch Manly » 14 Jan 2018, 23:17

Goat Boy wrote:At least you're self aware!


You'll get there in the end, Dougie.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62940
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Jan 2018, 00:26

PENK wrote:Where’s the ”instantly forgettable” option?


It's interesting to see how people have changed, as well as their views, during their years on here. I remember carefree, student Penk when he first got on here and now he's a stoic Swede, like the country he's adopted.

In all seriousness, it's been interesting to see how the young folks who came on here, you, Ed, Django, Markus, Fireplug, etc., have moved around and had families. Fireplug posted a photo of his son in skater gear on Facebook and I responded, "Hello halfpipe, goodbye parents' bowel control."

I remember when Steve was riding fast motorcycles all over the place. Karma's a bitch.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32425
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Jan 2018, 11:37

German Dave wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:At least you're self aware!


You'll get there in the end, Dougie.


That's what I'm afraid of
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
Fireplug
Posts: 3609
Joined: 23 Jan 2009, 18:59

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Fireplug » 15 Jan 2018, 12:19

sloopjohnc wrote:
PENK wrote:Where’s the ”instantly forgettable” option?


It's interesting to see how people have changed, as well as their views, during their years on here. I remember carefree, student Penk when he first got on here and now he's a stoic Swede, like the country he's adopted.

In all seriousness, it's been interesting to see how the young folks who came on here, you, Ed, Django, Markus, Fireplug, etc., have moved around and had families. Fireplug posted a photo of his son in skater gear on Facebook and I responded, "Hello halfpipe, goodbye parents' bowel control."

I remember when Steve was riding fast motorcycles all over the place. Karma's a bitch.


I've still got a fast motorcycle. And a couple of times a year I ride it in an excruciatingly sensible manner, at around half the speed I used to. I'm still relevant, damn it. And I'll soon be back to skiing and MMA and all those dangerous things too, just as soon as I get time, my back sorts itself out, I lose this weight I seem to have put on, and perhaps have a nap.

User avatar
Velvis
Mellowed down easy
Posts: 15802
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:21
Location: on Grand Street, where the neon madmen climb

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby Velvis » 15 Jan 2018, 13:28

Bald.
a gibbon running freely

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 62940
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: how are you seen by others on BCB?

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 Jan 2018, 18:05

Fireplug wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
PENK wrote:Where’s the ”instantly forgettable” option?


It's interesting to see how people have changed, as well as their views, during their years on here. I remember carefree, student Penk when he first got on here and now he's a stoic Swede, like the country he's adopted.

In all seriousness, it's been interesting to see how the young folks who came on here, you, Ed, Django, Markus, Fireplug, etc., have moved around and had families. Fireplug posted a photo of his son in skater gear on Facebook and I responded, "Hello halfpipe, goodbye parents' bowel control."

I remember when Steve was riding fast motorcycles all over the place. Karma's a bitch.


I've still got a fast motorcycle. And a couple of times a year I ride it in an excruciatingly sensible manner, at around half the speed I used to. I'm still relevant, damn it. And I'll soon be back to skiing and MMA and all those dangerous things too, just as soon as I get time, my back sorts itself out, I lose this weight I seem to have put on, and perhaps have a nap.


:lol:

Sounds like me and basketball. When I. . . If I. . .

Shooting the basketball at a neighborhood court, some guy who wanted to play asked why i didn't play more.

I told him over Xmas vacation, I vowed to play every day. I shot around once and this was my first time back. . . a month later.

He was 35.

I'm 56.