All Roads Lead to Hillary Clinton

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Sneelock

All Roads Lead to Hillary Clinton

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 04:29

EDIT: I started this thread with a link to "Inside Hillary Clinton's Secret Takeover of the DNC"
I've changed the thread title because Hillary.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... 016-215774
Donna Brazile let’s herself off the hook.
Sneelock starts a new thread to keep himself from threadjacking the Donald Trump thread.
If the fight had been fair, one campaign would not have control of the party before the voters had decided which one they wanted to lead. This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party’s integrity”
Last edited by Sneelock on 17 Nov 2017, 21:35, edited 2 times in total.
"Wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns.”

Sneelock

Re: “Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC”

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 04:41

According to Brazile, DNC=HRC well before the primary.
When I got back from a vacation in Martha’s Vineyard, I at last found the document that described it all: the Joint Fund-Raising Agreement between the DNC, the Hillary Victory Fund, and Hillary for America.

The agreement—signed by Amy Dacey, the former CEO of the DNC, and Robby Mook with a copy to Marc Elias—specified that in exchange for raising money and investing in the DNC, Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.
Last edited by Sneelock on 03 Nov 2017, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 05:01

FOX seems to be almost completely blowing off the Mueller business. It’s all “crooked Hillary” stealing the primary from Bernie. TRUMP himself was on there acting like he was some kind of genius for saying this during the campaign. Nobody mentions he said they were stealing it from him too.

Sure, FOX plays this all up to avoid other things. Still, that much discussed problem about Democrats being a house divided looks like it’s going to get MUCH worse before it gets better.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2017, 06:22

C'mon, if not Hillary then who? Bernie? Hahaha. Okay, so there was a little finagling with the donations but c'mon. There was no way Bernie could have won. Admit it. Admit it. Admit it. I dare you, admit it. It had to be Hillary.
persona non grata among those who worship at the altar of conventional wisdom

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 07:32

Well none of us has this document in front of us, but this sounds like Brazile making a play for relevance again.

Here you have a situation in which Clinton is fundraising for a broke DNC while Bernie wasn’t. From her POV it makes sense that she wouldn’t want her own fundraising used against her.

I can see the argument that the DNC gave her too much potential control via that agreement, but I’ve still never seen any tangible evidence that she used any of it.

If anything, I think this makes any appearance of coziness between the Clinton camp and the DNC seem a lot less nefarious. Ultimately if she was propping the DNC up via her fundraising, she had a right to some influence there. Meanwhile - any claims of a rigged primary have to be backed up with evidence that the DNC actually took action to effect the outcome of the race.
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 09:53

:lol: Should we send your CHELSEA IN 2020 bumper stickers to your home or post office box?

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 03 Nov 2017, 12:24

If Brazile is telling the truth it will be interesting to see how the likes of Maher, Noah and other lefties will defend this. I think they're will be a lot of "Hilary did this but.......(the republicans did worse example). In fairness, she comes across as just a driven person, this wouldn't surprise me if true, kinda end justifies the means. At the end of the day, most of us wish this had worked compared to having trump.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 Nov 2017, 14:31

What does What's-her-face, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, have to say about this?
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 15:09

or, for that matter, Tom Perez - the current chair.
His recent "housecleaning" of the DNC was much remarked on as being a purging of everyone who was not a Clinton loyalist.
Donna Brazile being back on the Team was Exhibit 'A' for this point of view. well, I doubt Clinton thinks of her as being very loyal right about now.

the shoe that I'm waiting to drop is Clinton herself. she just spent a lot of time in the public eye telling America "what happened". unless I missed it, bankrolling the DNC with a laundry list of conditions wasn't something that she talked about. As I recall she mostly talked about unrealistic lefties who wanted Free Stuff and forced her to lose by winning the popular vote - or something like that.

this puts her in a REAL funny position.
Last edited by Sneelock on 03 Nov 2017, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Nov 2017, 15:58

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:Well none of us has this document in front of us, but this sounds like Brazile making a play for relevance again.

Here you have a situation in which Clinton is fundraising for a broke DNC while Bernie wasn’t. From her POV it makes sense that she wouldn’t want her own fundraising used against her.

I can see the argument that the DNC gave her too much potential control via that agreement, but I’ve still never seen any tangible evidence that she used any of it.

If anything, I think this makes any appearance of coziness between the Clinton camp and the DNC seem a lot less nefarious. Ultimately if she was propping the DNC up via her fundraising, she had a right to some influence there. Meanwhile - any claims of a rigged primary have to be backed up with evidence that the DNC actually took action to effect the outcome of the race.

I agree with all of this except the "not nefarious" phrase. I voted HRC but I don't trust the Clintons very much when it comes to stuff like this. I think she would've made a good/great President, but they seem to be control freaks. And greedy control freaks at that.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 16:02

something else I think is worth remembering from that DNC email dump is the ACTIVE efforts to see that the man SPY magazine called The Short Fingered Vulgarian won the Republican nomination! the judgement was that he was "un-electable". well, so much for judgement!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 16:05

so, to sum up. One head of the DNC resigns in disgrace and her replacement details behavior she finds unfair and unethical.
a show of hands - who thinks the DNC should be kicked around the block?

(Sneelock's hand shoots into the air)

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 17:19

Ironic that the one undeniable instance of favoritism to Clinton that can’t be denied on either side was Brazile’s sending those debate questions.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 17:23

“Ironic” doesn’t even begin to describe it. Talk about out of left field.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 19:17

I think it makes perfect sense. She chose wrong and she’s attempting to seduce the new king. Same with Elizabeth Warren.

Neither should be trusted.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 19:43

:lol: Hillary, on the other hand....

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 19:44

neener, neener, neener!
Davey the Hillbot!
Last edited by Sneelock on 03 Nov 2017, 19:59, edited 2 times in total.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 19:56

Have fun Snee!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2017, 20:00

Oh, I intend to! :lol:

Seduce what new king? Perez? He’s yet to even talk about it. He’s using the “ we need to move forward” dodge.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 20:19

King Bernard the Pure!