Julia Hartley-Brewer

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Deebank
Resonator

Re: Julia Hartley-Brewer

Postby Deebank » 03 Nov 2017, 11:36

Moleskin wrote:That was his mother. Woodrow had four wives.-

First (div): Susan Cox, no issue. She was a fellow student at Oxford.
Second (div): Nora Robbins, no issue. She was his secretary.
Third (1957, dissolved 1966): Lady Moorea Hastings (b. 1928) daughter of the 16th Earl of Huntingdon and a granddaughter of Luisa Casati; one son: Hon. Pericles Plantagenet Wyatt.
Fourth (1966): Veronica (Verushka) Banszky von Ambroz, née Racz, a Hungarian and widow of a surgeon; one daughter: journalist Petronella Wyatt (b. 1968).

Also related to Robert Wyatt, who described him as an "appalling man with a sadistic sense of superiority".

Clearly, hence: Pericles Plantagenet Wyatt
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 03 Nov 2017, 11:37

indeed. and Petronella.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 03 Nov 2017, 11:40

Pretty common name in Holland in the previous centuries.
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 03 Nov 2017, 12:14

Deebank wrote:
Thang-y wrote:
Deebank wrote:Funnily enough, an old guy where I work made almost exactly the same 'lewd' comment to a fellow worker as Michael Fallon did to Andrea Leadsom... Leadsom complained her hands were cold and I suspect Fallon said something like "I'll warm them up for you!"

Of course I didn't report the chap at work to the management - the lady just chuckled and rolled her eyes - but should I have?

Just on the basis of that? Fuck no.

If you were worried, have a word with the woman and ask if she were bothered, he's a pest. If she says yes, offer to witness that kind of remark. But I'd be surprised.

Savile got away with unbelievable abuse - then people starting making noises about very minor things.
Now Weinstein has been shown to be a serial rapist/abuser and people are now talking about remarks like that.

Come on now.

I never actually considered saying anything - I just thought the timing was interesting. It was pretty much the same comment (Fallon is reported to have said “I know somewhere you can put them to warm up.”)

I suspect if I'd made a fuss everyone would have thought me a total dick including the lady at whom the comment was aimed.

Ah, right. Timing? Of him saying that? Mebbe. And yeah.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 03 Nov 2017, 13:55

Thang-y wrote:
Deebank wrote:
Thang-y wrote:
Just on the basis of that? Fuck no.

If you were worried, have a word with the woman and ask if she were bothered, he's a pest. If she says yes, offer to witness that kind of remark. But I'd be surprised.

Savile got away with unbelievable abuse - then people starting making noises about very minor things.
Now Weinstein has been shown to be a serial rapist/abuser and people are now talking about remarks like that.

Come on now.

I never actually considered saying anything - I just thought the timing was interesting. It was pretty much the same comment (Fallon is reported to have said “I know somewhere you can put them to warm up.”)

I suspect if I'd made a fuss everyone would have thought me a total dick including the lady at whom the comment was aimed.

Ah, right. Timing? Of him saying that? Mebbe. And yeah.

The bloke at work saying it and Fallon pretty much saying the same thing - at the same time... ish

pig bodine

Postby pig bodine » 03 Nov 2017, 15:36

Liked her in Seinfeld

borofan

Postby borofan » 03 Nov 2017, 16:32

Deebank wrote:Petronella ("no flies on her") Wyatt was on the Today Programme talking about all this stuff.

She said that Michael Fallon was just a disgusting person who was horrible to everyone ( :lol: ) and that her mum (married to turncoat Labour MP Woodrow Wyatt) was often chased around the kitchen table by Hugh Gaitskell but she didn't mind because he was 'very handsome' :roll:

Yes it's all the womens' fault for not having a sense of humour! :x
But of course some men - Fallon! - need to be more 'gallant'.

Where do they dig these fossils up from?

The woman who had a 4 year long affair with the married Boris Johnson. She has no right to lecture anybody on morals (or taste in men for that matter).
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 03 Nov 2017, 16:33

Wasn't Tessa Wyatt in Man About the House?
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 03 Nov 2017, 16:37

Darryl Strawberry wrote:Wasn't Tessa Wyatt in Man About the House?

Robin Snest

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 03 Nov 2017, 16:41

It was Robin's Nest and she left Blackburn for her co-star Richard O'Sullivan .

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 03 Nov 2017, 18:05

Deebank wrote:

Blackburn never got over it. To make things worse, O’Sullivan used to beat her up quite regularly. Allegedly (not allegedly).
He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 03 Nov 2017, 18:08

Nikki Gradual wrote:
Deebank wrote:

Blackburn never got over it. To make things worse, O’Sullivan used to beat her up quite regularly. Allegedly (not allegedly).

Didn’t Blackburn break down in spectacular fashion on air and beg her to return or something?

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 03 Nov 2017, 18:28

Deebank wrote:[

Didn’t Blackburn break down in spectacular fashion on air and beg her to return or something?

Only the greatest three hours of broadcasting ever. I took the day off for Tony Blackburn's last radio one show. It was a warm afternoon, and I carried the gramaphone out into the garden, along with a bottle of gin, and listened to a man disintegrate in front of five million listeners. I seem to remember he only played about four records in the three hours, and he was just rambling on about about how he had lost everything. To be fair to him, he was completely out of it on pain killers at the time, and the BBC had no choice but to let him go. The mystery is much more why they let him do that last show at all. He writes about in his first , and greatest book, The Living Legend ( now a collectors item...)
You don't like me...do you?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 03 Nov 2017, 18:53

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:[

Only the greatest three hours of broadcasting ever. I took the day off for Tony Blackburn's last radio one show. It was a warm afternoon, and I carried the gramaphone out into the garden, along with a bottle of gin, and listened to a man disintegrate in front of five million listeners. I seem to remember he only played about four records in the three hours, and he was just rambling on about about how he had lost everything. To be fair to him, he was completely out of it on pain killers at the time, and the BBC had no choice but to let him go. The mystery is much more why they let him do that last show at all. He writes about in his first , and greatest book, The Living Legend ( now a collectors item...)

He is of course a great showbiz mate of myself and Copehead. We coached him how to pronounce a welsh name - a chapter of my life I had completely forgotten until he - my bro - mentioned it here.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 04 Nov 2017, 12:38

Nikki Gradual wrote:
Deebank wrote:

Yes, Blackburn famously banged on about it for years. Was probably even in Jackie magazine.

The second part I didn't know. The arsewipe.

Blackburn's a bit of a comedy turn at festivals and so on in garish jumpsuits but he is a very knowledgeable DJ and does a good line in soul.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 04 Nov 2017, 13:28

Thang-y wrote:
Blackburn's a bit of a comedy turn at festivals and so on in garish jumpsuits but he is a very knowledgeable DJ and does a good line in soul.

You damn him with faint praise. He is the father of modern radio. A legend, and a star. My favourite qute of his was that he would , if physically possible, broadcast 24 hours a 7 days a week. Now that is commitment! :)
You don't like me...do you?