Louis CK, Woody Allen, Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey...

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Kevin Spacey's statement

Postby Goat Boy » 30 Oct 2017, 22:35

The Modernist wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:They didn't fuck about, did they?

I wonder if they know more than we do.

More that it's an easy visible gesture for them to make I suspect. I doubt they'll be cancelling every film Miramax produced for example.

My Jimbo sense is tingling!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 30 Oct 2017, 22:36

sloopjohnc wrote:I read that his dumb publicist told him to put it out on Sunday evening.

When everyone and his brother is on Twitter.

A lot of politicians still make that same mistake of thinking in terms of "news cycles" - release your bad news over the weekend, and by Monday it's forgotten. These old-guard types aren't getting the hang of this whole Internet thing, are they? Oh well, I imagine Spacey's publicist is looking for a new gig now. He better get on it quick, those Craigslist ads won't write themselves!

"Quite."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Oct 2017, 22:36

sloopjohnc wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
He could've said he didn't remember and left being gay out of the statement.

So it would have been a better statement if he'd lied..? :?

Just not combined them. Most people already knew or thought they knew. I think that's what Eichner was getting at. He singlehandedly set back Gay rights. Or could potentially.

This new Washington Post article gets at what I was talking about. . .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... e50e643049
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Oct 2017, 05:06

It seems a lot of the gay community are unhappy with Spacey conflating the two separate issues :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41802060

"Deflecting" and "Manipulative" sums it up.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Oct 2017, 07:02

Looks like Kevin Spacey got being gay wrong.

The only people who will use his statement to conflate homosexuality with paedophi1ia are people who will use anything to conflate the two.

The best way to deal with them is expose them for the miserable, hate filled fucking homophobes they are not bash Kevin Spacey

A simple; "Kev, you're doing gay wrong mate" would've sufficed.

The knicker twisting has just made a global sensation out of the story which is rather more helpfully to miserable, hate filled fucking homophobes than the original statement ever was on its own.

Considering the Slider story it seems that in his youth Spacey would have a go at anything in trousers, but would take no for an answer.

Not particularly honourable or even law abiding but hardly the worst thing in the world as it appears he was looking for consenting partners rather than victims, perhaps more stories will come out to show a different pattern of behavior, we'll see.
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Oct 2017, 07:11

Copehead wrote:Not particularly honourable or even law abiding but hardly the worst thing in the world as it appears he was looking for consenting partners...

Try telling that to a scared 14-year old kid who didn't sign up for being sexually approached by someone he admired.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Oct 2017, 07:19

never/ever wrote:
Copehead wrote:Not particularly honourable or even law abiding but hardly the worst thing in the world as it appears he was looking for consenting partners...

Try telling that to a scared 14-year old kid who didn't sign up for being sexually approached by someone he admired.

Or in this case a 14 year old appears to have gone out drinking and partying with an older man.
I can imagine he was a bit shocked but 30 years of trauma after someone made a pass at him that went nowhere seems to over egg the pudding somewhat.
Perhaps he really is that delicate, which is sad for him, in which case you have to wonder who was supposed to be in loco parentis.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Oct 2017, 07:32

Copehead wrote:
never/ever wrote:

Or in this case a 14 year old appears to have gone out drinking and partying with an older man.
I can imagine he was a bit shocked but 30 years of trauma after someone made a pass at him that went nowhere seems to over egg the pudding somewhat.
Perhaps he really is that delicate, which is sad for him, in which case you have to wonder who was supposed to be in loco parentis.

I can vouch for victims of sexual abuse having major issues well after the event occurred from personal experience.

You can always speculate about what drives anyone to disclose these events especially when someone famous is being implicated but not that there is a reasonable possibility that trauma still is present and not completely dealt with.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Oct 2017, 07:37

never/ever wrote:
Copehead wrote:
never/ever wrote:

I can vouch for victims of sexual abuse having major issues well after the event occurred from personal experience.

You can always speculate about what drives anyone to disclose these events especially when someone famous is being implicated but not that there is a reasonable possibility that trauma still is present and not completely dealt with.

Is someone asking you whether you want to fuck when you don't sexual abuse these days?

If in this case it was, what was he doing out partying at 14 years old, who allowed someone so callow to do that?

The story just seems odd, is this person's career on the skids by any chance?

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 31 Oct 2017, 07:48

maybe he was dressed provocatively
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Oct 2017, 07:50

Shouldn't be the onus on Spacey here? What the hell was he thinking inviting this kid over? Was it premeditated?
And why wouldn't this boy be overwhelmed to be asked to hang out with a well-known actor? Was he to be expected to know that it could have been a ploy from the get-go to have sex with him?

There is no answer to all these questions but the early going seems to be in favor of the boy.

Robert

Postby Robert » 31 Oct 2017, 07:55

never/ever wrote:Shouldn't be the onus on Spacey here? What the hell was he thinking inviting this kid over? Was it premeditated?
And why wouldn't this boy be overwhelmed to be asked to hang out with a well-known actor? Was he to be expected to know that it could have been a ploy from the get-go to have sex with him?

There is no answer to all these questions but the early going seems to be in favor of the boy.

Not defending Spacey but he was not a well known actor at the age of 26.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Oct 2017, 08:06

never/ever wrote:Shouldn't be the onus on Spacey here? What the hell was he thinking inviting this kid over? Was it premeditated?

It certainly appears to have been pre-meditated, if drink emboldened, and if this person had wanted to have sex with Spacey he would have been unable to give legal consent, but when did that ever stop "bohemians" shagging the willing under aged; pre paedogeddon?

But seeing as nothing happened it was surely just an inappropriate suggestion rather than an inappropriate physical act.

If Kevin Spacey had raped him - bring on the ducking stool; but "Kevin Spacey asked me for a shag and I said no and he said Ok" isn't much to build a pitchfork wielding mob around in this day an age even if he was 14 and traumatised by it.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 31 Oct 2017, 08:15

Copehead wrote:
never/ever wrote:

Jesus fucking Christ.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Oct 2017, 08:21

Copehead wrote:
The only people who will use his statement to conflate homosexuality with paedophi1ia are people who will use anything to conflate the two.

I'm astounded that you think anyone is trying to do that. In fact, you appear to be making the connection, not anyone else.

What others are saying is that Spacey has issued a statement that connects the two. Not that they believe the two are connected.
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Oct 2017, 08:23

'Nothing happened' because the kid escaped.

Robert: point taken but from what I know Spacey has been acting since 1981. And both were working on Broadway at the time on different productions.
Last edited by never/ever on 31 Oct 2017, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 31 Oct 2017, 08:26

Has Copey even read what Anthony Rapp said?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Oct 2017, 08:26

The Red Heifer wrote:Jesus fucking Christ.

I know there is the trinity and everything but is that even possible?

Whatever turns you on.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Oct 2017, 08:28

Goat Boy wrote:Has Copey even read what Anthony Rapp said?

Like I'm interested in celebrity tittle tattle, of course I haven't, I haven't even read what Kevin Spacey has said.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 31 Oct 2017, 08:30

So you’re above reading it but not above giving an opinion on it all.

Genius