Louis CK, Woody Allen, Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey...

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Re: sexual assault - Cosby found guilty. A sentencing hearing hasn't yet been scheduled and he remains out on bail

Postby Jimbo » 29 Aug 2018, 13:42

Sorry, I edited out the post where I said I didn't know the details and you said, "Clearly." But I know the details now and Louie is obviously a sick man. Still ...
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

CLOWN
hounds people off the board

Re: sexual assault - Cosby found guilty. A sentencing hearing hasn't yet been scheduled and he remains out on bail

Postby CLOWN » 29 Aug 2018, 14:34

I have to say I'm a bit conflicted about all this. The arguments for and against remind me of the stuff about Lennon, Sinatra, that Scottish wifebeater - you know? 'keep the art and the artist separate'

But maybe comedians are more naked, what they say is closer to their real lives. Therefore these revelations are more likely to repel.

I dunno.
GoogaMooga wrote:
Walk In My Shadow wrote:How's old Zilth, by the way?

He's alright, but not collecting as feverishly as I.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 29 Aug 2018, 20:03

So if you're a famous person, consent isn't enough, because they might be giving consent because you're powerful. But you could say that about anybody. I sincerely hope the line is drawn well on this.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CLOWN

Postby CLOWN » 17 Sep 2018, 06:10

Nobody believes Woody at all, now, it seems.

I have to say, getting his friend of forty years to write this piece doesn't exactly show integrity...

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Woody%2 ... 2&src=tren
GoogaMooga wrote:

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 17 Sep 2018, 06:52

BOXO wrote:Nobody believes Woody at all, now, it seems.

I have to say, getting his friend of forty years to write this piece doesn't exactly show integrity...

Ah, it's the same trial by amateurs, everybody piling on. I'm glad I'm not these people, with a strongly worded, Twitter-worthy opinion about something I don't know about. I don't know the answer, but it's just the fact of the writer having known them that's causing "everyone" to pile on at this moment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 17 Sep 2018, 08:42

Quaco wrote:

Ah, it's the same trial by amateurs, everybody piling on. I'm glad I'm not these people, with a strongly worded, Twitter-worthy opinion about something I don't know about. I don't know the answer, but it's just the fact of the writer having known them that's causing "everyone" to pile on at this moment.

If I'd been accused of something and wanted to get my side of the story out, I, like probably most people here, would invite a friendly rather than a hostile journalist to do the interview.

How is his doing so any different to his being accused by his (adopted?) son from his former wife/partner?

Had the journalist tried to hide the fact he/she was a friend of WA's, then fair enough - eviscerate the guy but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 17 Sep 2018, 09:04

It's to be expected though as Twitter is a cesspit.

CLOWN

Re: Louis CK, Woody Allen, Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey...

Postby CLOWN » 17 Sep 2018, 09:09

Yeah, it's a depressing read.

I don't know what to believe any more.
GoogaMooga wrote:

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 17 Sep 2018, 09:39

BOXO wrote:I don't know what to believe any more.

Paging Jimbo...
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 17 Sep 2018, 10:26

Darkness_Fish wrote:
BOXO wrote:I don't know what to believe any more.

Paging Jimbo...

One elderly jewish man riding to the rescue of another elderly jewish man?

Clearly evidence of the 'shadowy jewish cabal' that another poster was talking about on another thread a couple of months back...

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 17 Dec 2018, 14:55

The "spirited enthusiasm" of Geoffrey Rush:

Ms. Stone isn’t just afraid of the emotional consequences of talking about her allegations against Mr. Rush, her onetime hero, including that he danced naked in front of her in their dressing room, used a mirror to watch her while she showered and sent her occasionally erotic text messages while she was 25 years old and starring opposite Mr. Rush, then 59, on stage in “The Diary of a Madman” in 2010 and 2011.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/16/opinion/metoo-defamation-geoffrey-rush-yael-stone.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Dec 2018, 17:53

$P.Muff$ wrote:The "spirited enthusiasm" of Geoffrey Rush:

Ms. Stone isn’t just afraid of the emotional consequences of talking about her allegations against Mr. Rush, her onetime hero, including that he danced naked in front of her in their dressing room, used a mirror to watch her while she showered and sent her occasionally erotic text messages while she was 25 years old and starring opposite Mr. Rush, then 59, on stage in “The Diary of a Madman” in 2010 and 2011.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/16/opinion/metoo-defamation-geoffrey-rush-yael-stone.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

I am almost always very dubious of Ms. Weiss's reasons for writing anything these days.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 17 Dec 2018, 22:23

Why?

I rarely look at the Times and I'm not familiar with her work. There was nothing wrong with the article from my view.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Dec 2018, 23:16

$P.Muff$ wrote:Why?

I rarely look at the Times and I'm not familiar with her work. There was nothing wrong with the article from my view.

This may be fine, but I am suspicious of her because of some of her writings. She's an opinion writer, so it goes with the territory, but she tends to bend the facts to her point of view. I'm sure all opinion writers do this, but she seems to do it more than most.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 18 Dec 2018, 10:39

I would ask for examples of your claim, but the truth is I don't care - just thought "spirited enthusiasm" was the worst excuse for workplace sexual harassment I have ever heard.

Would that shit fly in any other profession?

CLOWN

Postby CLOWN » 18 Dec 2018, 11:45

GoogaMooga wrote:

$P.Muff$

Postby $P.Muff$ » 18 Dec 2018, 12:10

Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi2xuPypqnfAhUjSRUIHQ2KDYEQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Ffilm%2F2018%2Fdec%2F18%2Fformer-model-claims-underage-relationship-with-woody-allen-in-1970s-christina-engelhardt&psig=AOvVaw1nDLonH4qWIqXgrcWOYMiK&ust=1545219915933143

Your link didn't work for me so I'm linking to the original article:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/woody-allens-secret-teen-lover-manhattan-muse-speaks-1169782

CLOWN

Postby CLOWN » 24 Dec 2018, 22:43

GoogaMooga wrote:

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 25 Dec 2018, 02:04

Holy crap.
Björk says we all need to get off Facebook and go for a walk.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/mbva ... q097SIBlf4

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 13 Feb 2019, 23:01

Next on the docket: Adams . . . Ryan Adams

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/arts ... n-sex.html

Introductory paragraphs here . . .

NYT wrote:For nearly two decades, Ryan Adams, one of the most prolific singer-songwriters of his generation, has been heralded as a mercurial creative genius and a respected industry tastemaker.

Equal parts punk-rock folk hero and romantic troubadour, Adams, 44, has 16 albums and seven Grammy nominations to his name. He has overseen music by Willie Nelson, written a Tim McGraw hit and recorded with John Mayer.

He has also taken a special interest in the trajectory of female artists, especially younger ones, championing them onstage, across social media and in the studio, where his stamp of approval can jump-start careers.

Some now say that Adams’s rock-star patronage masked a darker reality. In interviews, seven women and more than a dozen associates described a pattern of manipulative behavior in which Adams dangled career opportunities while simultaneously pursuing female artists for sex. In some cases, they said, he would turn domineering and vengeful, jerking away his offers of support when spurned, and subjecting women to emotional and verbal abuse, and harassment in texts and on social media. The accounts have been corroborated by family members or friends who were present at the time, as well as by correspondence from Adams reviewed by The New York Times.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.