Louis CK, Woody Allen, Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey...

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Re: sexual assault - Cosby found guilty. A sentencing hearing hasn't yet been scheduled and he remains out on bail

Postby clive gash » 23 May 2018, 20:16

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

Sneelock

Re: sexual assault - Cosby found guilty. A sentencing hearing hasn't yet been scheduled and he remains out on bail

Postby Sneelock » 23 May 2018, 21:48

Wow.
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 23 May 2018, 22:44

gash on ignore wrote:A SON SPEAKS OUT By Moses Farrow

Fucking hell

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 May 2018, 08:23

https://mosesfarrow.blogspot.co.uk/2018 ... arrow.html

A MUST READ.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings
hounds people off the board
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Postby Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings » 24 May 2018, 13:32

Rings true.
Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 24 May 2018, 19:33

John Coan wrote:I've lived in many different countries in Europe and whenever I come home I think 'England is the best'

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 May 2018, 19:34

Matt Wilson wrote:Now, it's Morgan Freeman

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/mo ... ar-AAxKVvc

Yeah, I read that this morning. I'm surprised he wasn't outed sooner as it seems it was a pretty open secret.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 25 May 2018, 02:39

Impressively, not one of the seemingly hundreds of comments (I didn't actually count them!) appears to be disbelieving or in any way negative.

Stille Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Stille Baron » 25 May 2018, 02:51

Charlie O. wrote:

Impressively, not one of the seemingly hundreds of comments (I didn't actually count them!) appears to be disbelieving or in any way negative.

Give it time!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 25 May 2018, 02:57

Wow.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 25 May 2018, 05:44

sloopjohnc wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:Now, it's Morgan Freeman

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/mo ... ar-AAxKVvc

Yeah, I read that this morning. I'm surprised he wasn't outed sooner as it seems it was a pretty open secret.

How do these "open secrets" take so long to come to light, considering "open" is part of the name?

"Oh yeah, it's been happening for decades; everyone knew."

I'm not doubting the reports, but so does this "everyone" constitute some kind of cult or something?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 May 2018, 16:42

I was watching the Weinstein arraignment or whatever in front of the judge this morning on CNN. He still had the plastic thingy near his shirt collar where you put the price tag. Seemed weird no one noticed it.
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 25 May 2018, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 25 May 2018, 17:04

sloopjohnc wrote:I was watching the Weinstein arraignment or whatever in front of the judge this morning on CNN. He still had the plastic thingy near his short collar where you put the price tag. Seemed weird no one noticed it.

I imagine several people noticed it, were about to tell him, thought about ‘the other things Harvey had going on today’ and decided to let it slide.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 May 2018, 18:29

Minnie the Minx wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:I was watching the Weinstein arraignment or whatever in front of the judge this morning on CNN. He still had the plastic thingy near his short collar where you put the price tag. Seemed weird no one noticed it.

I imagine several people noticed it, were about to tell him, thought about ‘the other things Harvey had going on today’ and decided to let it slide.

I thought it was an interesting little symbol, of what I don't know, about where his life is going. $1 million bail and has to hand over his passport.

I just watched a Frontline report on PBS just this week on him, how he started Miramax, along with interviews on the first women he assaulted and some of his employees. Guy has some problems.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 25 May 2018, 19:01

I worked retail in Beverly Hills in the 90's. we had lots of Talent Agencies come in. it was a video rental store and we had lots of hard to find videotapes (remember them?)

cell phones were still status items at the time so these overdressed young agents would come in and blab on their phones while I waited on them as though I was invisible. many of these blabs, over the years, would involve stories of what an incredible asshole Harvey Weinstein was. I'm not saying anybody knew about the sort of stuff he is atoning for now, I'm just saying that he was a well known asshole. I'll bet it's a pretty good bet that nobody took him aside and told him to STOP being an asshole.

this opinion is bolstered by that New York Times interview with the cast promoting season 5 of "Arrested Development". the writer asks about Jeffrey Tambor being in the cast despite his high profile firing from "Transparency" and charges of sexual misconduct.

Jessica Walter addresses the question. she states she wasn't aware of anything sexual but that he had yelled at her worse than anyone on a set had ever yelled at her before. She said she forgave him and they were moving on. right on cue, the male co-stars rushed to contextualize it. "well, we're all mean to each other" "that's just the way it goes in this business" that sort of thing. the young lady who plays Maybe (sp?) was the only one to not brush it off. "well, just because it happens doesn't mean it's okay"

Bingo.

we have to stop letting assholes think it's okay to be assholes or they'll just keep becoming worse assholes. that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Last edited by Sneelock on 26 May 2018, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.
Give me a C, a bouncy C!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 May 2018, 19:16

sneelock wrote:we have to stop letting assholes think it's okay to be assholes or they'll just keep being worse assholes. that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I had a boss who was a jerk. She only did one real jerky thing to me. I was in her office and she asked me how many direct mail campaigns I was working on at the time. I said, "Seven or eight." She said if I didn't exactly know next time, I'd be fired. I said, "Whatever," to myself.

But, she made it a point ot make my co-worker, the tradeshow coordinator, cry each day in the morning at one tradeshow. She went out of her way to do it. One example was when we were 100 pieces short on some brochure and she reamed this poor woman in front of everybody.

My mom died while I was at this job. I decided to quit because life is too short to work at shitty jobs where you get a knot in your stomach as you drive in each day.

I told her why I was quitting and she was really nice. She said I could have some time off, but I told her "No." I thanked her for the offer, but I also told her that once I got through with talking to her, I was going down to HR and tell them what a bitch she was to her staff. I had pretty good standing there - I played hoops at lunch with the sales director and lead legal counsel.

I work in a deadline-driven job, but it doesn't help when people are like that at work.

I also told one boss who got mad at me for something, "Peter, I didn't drive into work today and say to myself, 'Gee, I wonder how I can fuck up today and cost the company money.'"

Most people do 99 things right at jobs, but it seems to be human nature to point out the one thing they didn't.

I use sports as an analogy all the time. It doesn't help on a basketball court if you know that the coach is going to yank you out and yell at you on the bench in front of a crowd for one piddly mistake. People work better if they're encouraged and know people have their back. This whole life and work thing is a team effort.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 May 2018, 19:27

Ronan Farrow's article in the New Yorker yesterday. He really is a good writer.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... ing-arrest

Postby Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings » 29 Aug 2018, 09:28

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Aug 2018, 13:07

Here's what sex advice columnist Dan Savage has to say re "what did Louis do wrong?" And Savage says it was wrong. Plus I got more details about which your comment is apt. No doubt what CK did was skeevy to the max! but my point remains that his act is really skeevy too. He talks more frankly about his own kinks than anyone. Of course there is a line between what he does on stage and what he did in front of those women but if you see his act it's a fine line IMO.

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/1 ... of-the-day
Last edited by Jimbo on 29 Aug 2018, 13:40, edited 2 times in total.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

Postby Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings » 29 Aug 2018, 13:13

Jimbo wrote:dunno the details

Clearly.