Louis CK, Woody Allen, Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey...

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jeemo

Re: sexual assault

Postby Jeemo » 17 Dec 2017, 18:49

Thang-y wrote:Just quoting this. I'm not really awake enough to respond to this but I do want to quote it.

Edit: I'll take my own medicine by 'getting over it' but that was an arsehole response .. he's not the only arsehole on here either but the other male one is obvious and I have the arseholes on ignore. I could point out their errors but arseholes aren't interested in it, they're too busy being assertively righteous so aren't worth bothering, not in this thread not elsewhere. (No I'm not talking about Coan). Seriously, the anger of some of the massive hypocrites in this place staggers me.

I'm posting when I'm sleepy which isn't a good idea. I expect crap from some quarters (which I have on ignore as it's about them not me and I don't read it), it surprises me when I get it from others who I didn't expect to misread my points, wilfully or not. Whatever.

and thanks for the pm to tell me I'm arsehole, just in case i missed it. weren't sleepy enough for that. sweet dreams
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 17 Dec 2017, 19:08

Darryl Strawberry wrote: we don't even know if it is a one arse pat.

I was talking about examples when it was one arse pat. That's why I said "one arse pat". (Edit 3: I did get the point that an arse pat may be given to a previous rape victim but I'm still talking just about an arse pat. I'm not going to keep on clarifying to you angry men, it's a bit rich really.) (Edit 1: And I said nothing about it being acceptable. I can't believe I'm saying that again. Pft.) (Edit2 : I'm certainly not going to argue how much worse being raped is though, so you carry on being angry.)
Last edited by Thang-y on 17 Dec 2017, 19:27, edited 3 times in total.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Dec 2017, 19:08

I should be amazed that anyone is actually arguing that a 'one arse pat' is okay - but, hey, this is BCB and 'they' think it's time to overcome those of 'us' who are 'virtual signalling' all the fucking time... so I'm not, sadly.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"
"'Seize the moments as they fly, know to live and learn to die'."

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 17 Dec 2017, 21:04

I must have missed the “one arse pat is ok” post.

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 17 Dec 2017, 22:40

Did I say it's OK? No, I said anyone really traumatised by it should get the fuck over it.

As a female, if they're seriously traumatised by that then they'd be a nervous wreck by the age of about 11.

You guys talk the right on talk don't you.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 18 Dec 2017, 09:28

us guys :roll:

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 18 Dec 2017, 11:37

The Three Mansplainteers.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 18 Dec 2017, 12:05

the singular twat

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 Dec 2017, 17:12

Jeemo wrote:the singular twat

:lol:
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 Dec 2017, 17:17

kewl klive wrote:The Three Mansplainteers.

Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings
hounds people off the board
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Re: oooh oooohh

Postby Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings » 18 Jan 2018, 16:14

Darkness_Fish wrote:This is a big fucking mess of absolute shit from the off.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Re: sexual assault - Woody Allen back in the news

Postby clive gash » 18 Jan 2018, 22:33

Amazing thread on our sister site.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Jan 2018, 13:07

I find it weird that there's actors now that have worked with him recently that are distancing themselves from him. Like, when they were working with him they still knew what had allegedly happened. The only difference now is that people are talking about it more, so now they have to distance themselves from him. I find their efforts a little redundant.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 19 Jan 2018, 13:16

The Great Defector wrote:I find it weird that there's actors now that have worked with him recently that are distancing themselves from him. Like, when they were working with him they still knew what had allegedly happened. The only difference now is that people are talking about it more, so now they have to distance themselves from him. I find their efforts a little redundant.

There's long been something a bit creepy about his plots - young girl with older man - going all the way back to 'Manhattan' (*); a lot of the relationships in the films could be verging on abuse given the disparity in ages between leading man and leading lady.

* even Diane Keaton was 10 years younger.

A lot hangs on that 'allegedly', but his relationship with Soon-Yi is absolutely problematic if you want to avoid art made by monstrous men.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 19 Jan 2018, 13:19

Moleskin wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:I find it weird that there's actors now that have worked with him recently that are distancing themselves from him. Like, when they were working with him they still knew what had allegedly happened. The only difference now is that people are talking about it more, so now they have to distance themselves from him. I find their efforts a little redundant.

There's long been something a bit creepy about his plots - young girl with older man - going all the way back to 'Manhattan' (*); a lot of the relationships in the films could be verging on abuse given the disparity in ages between leading man and leading lady.

What is creepy about being in a relationship with someone ten years older than you?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Jan 2018, 13:19

Yeah, I've never been a fan of Allen even before the allegations, but any time I read a plot line about his films it usually does have the young girl with older man narrative. Did any one see his daughter's interview, I think it was yesterday or the day before.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 19 Jan 2018, 13:26

10 years younger?! OMFG

I went out with a 23 year old when I was 30. Thank fuck she wasn’t 3 years younger! Yikes!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 19 Jan 2018, 13:28

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Moleskin wrote:

What is creepy about being in a relationship with someone ten years older than you?

Nothing necessarily, although it might depend on the relative/perceived maturity of the participants (eg., 28yo dates 18yo seems a bit creepier than 36 dates 26).

I was really talking about Mariel Hemingway (17) vs Woody (42) in 'Manhattan' as a long-ago indicator of Woody's interest in (sometimes much) younger women.
@hewsim

Jug Band Music
my own music

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 19 Jan 2018, 13:29

Moleskin wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:
Moleskin wrote:

Nothing necessarily, although it might depend on the relative/perceived maturity of the participants (eg., 28yo dates 18yo seems a bit creepier than 36 dates 26).

I was really talking about Mariel Hemingway (17) vs Woody (42) in 'Manhattan' as a long-ago indicator of Woody's interest in (sometimes much) younger women.

That was the age difference between my Mum and Dad. Were my parents creepy?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Moleskin

Postby Moleskin » 19 Jan 2018, 14:32

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Moleskin wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:

That was the age difference between my Mum and Dad. Were my parents creepy?

No.
@hewsim

Jug Band Music
my own music