sexual assault - Cosby found guilty. A sentencing hearing hasn't yet been scheduled and he remains out on bail

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5989
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: sexual assault

Postby Lord Rother » 17 Dec 2017, 17:03

Jeemo wrote:
Thang-y wrote:
!!VAPRANT!! wrote:Yes. Although I do understand the point about the degree of trauma being known/felt only by the victim.


Here's an expansion on it:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 15061.html

Personally, I think it's a limited argument. Rape, chronic harrassment etc yes absolutely. Anyone *traumatised* by much lesser stuff like one arse pat or small stuff should get the fuck over it. And I say that as someone who's been upset about smaller stuff. There is a scale of reaction (for each individual).

Over-reaction calls for reaction like calls of 'witch hunt' and lessening the impact of calling out abuse.

She's wrong.


get the fuck over it. really.

you're assuming that the "one arse pat" is the only event thats happened to the person that is traumatised. it could trigger reminders of previous abusive patternsr.

rule 1 as a carer. dont assume that you know everything about anyone in your care.



That’s exactly why Thangy said “one arse pat”.
Last edited by Lord Rother on 17 Dec 2017, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

Thang-y

Re: sexual assault

Postby Thang-y » 17 Dec 2017, 17:04

Jeemo wrote:
Thang-y wrote:
!!VAPRANT!! wrote:Yes. Although I do understand the point about the degree of trauma being known/felt only by the victim.


Here's an expansion on it:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 15061.html

Personally, I think it's a limited argument. Rape, chronic harrassment etc yes absolutely. Anyone *traumatised* by much lesser stuff like one arse pat or small stuff should get the fuck over it. And I say that as someone who's been upset about smaller stuff. There is a scale of reaction (for each individual).

Over-reaction calls for reaction like calls of 'witch hunt' and lessening the impact of calling out abuse.

She's wrong.


get the fuck over it. really.

you're assuming that the "one arse pat" is the only event thats happened to the person that is traumatised. it could trigger reminders of previous abusive patternsr.

rule 1 as a carer. dont assume that you know everything about anyone in your care.

Thang-y

Re: sexual assault

Postby Thang-y » 17 Dec 2017, 17:05

Just quoting this. I'm not really awake enough to respond to this but I do want to quote it.

Edit: I'll take my own medicine by 'getting over it' but that was an arsehole response .. he's not the only arsehole on here either but the other male one is obvious and I have the arseholes on ignore. I could point out their errors but arseholes aren't interested in it, they're too busy being assertively righteous so aren't worth bothering, not in this thread not elsewhere. (No I'm not talking about Coan). Seriously, the anger of some of the massive hypocrites in this place staggers me.

I'm posting when I'm sleepy which isn't a good idea. I expect crap from some quarters (which I have on ignore as it's about them not me and I don't read it), it surprises me when I get it from others who I didn't expect to misread my points, wilfully or not. Whatever.

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: sexual assault

Postby Dr Markus » 17 Dec 2017, 18:08

You new? ;)
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
Velvis
Mellowed down easy
Posts: 15802
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:21
Location: on Grand Street, where the neon madmen climb

Re: sexual assault

Postby Velvis » 17 Dec 2017, 18:14

25 years ago I was in a play with a guy who was a heavy drinker. A couple of the people in the show were. Being recently divorced from my first wife, I would go hit the bars with them after rehearsals. One night, being too toasted to drive the 45 minutes home, I crashed on the floor of one of the guys. So did the first-mentioned guy.

The first-mentioned guy was horny and kept trying to call phone sex sites as I drifted in and out of sleep. I found this a bit bizarre, but to each his own. Eventually I woke up to a feather-light touch on the outside of my jeans and found myself looking into his eyes, mere inches away. I gently rebuffed his advances--not gay, not experimenting, not interested. He was not insistent, and cut it out immediately.

After that, things were a bit awkward for a while, but he eventually quit drinking and became a substance abuse counselor. We remained friends and I've done many shows with him over the years. I never felt traumatized. It was just a thing that happened. Importantly, unlike Spacey, he didn't have any power or authority over me. And I could have decked him if I was a violent sort of person, with no repercussions.

Anyway, I still think of him as a very decent guy irrespective of that incident.
a gibbon running freely

sloopjohnc
Posts: 62507
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: sexual assault

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Dec 2017, 18:17

Velvis wrote:25 years ago I was in a play with a guy who was a heavy drinker. A couple of the people in the show were. Being recently divorced from my first wife, I would go hit the bars with them after rehearsals. One night, being too toasted to drive the 45 minutes home, I crashed on the floor of one of the guys. So did the first-mentioned guy.

The first-mentioned guy was horny and kept trying to call phone sex sites as I drifted in and out of sleep. I found this a bit bizarre, but to each his own. Eventually I woke up to a feather-light touch on the outside of my jeans and found myself looking into his eyes, mere inches away. I gently rebuffed his advances--not gay, not experimenting, not interested. He was not insistent, and cut it out immediately.


While you are an attractive man, I have never been that drunk or that horny.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20579
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: sexual assault

Postby Jeemo » 17 Dec 2017, 18:44

Lord Rother wrote:
Jeemo wrote:
Thang-y wrote:
Here's an expansion on it:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 15061.html

Personally, I think it's a limited argument. Rape, chronic harrassment etc yes absolutely. Anyone *traumatised* by much lesser stuff like one arse pat or small stuff should get the fuck over it. And I say that as someone who's been upset about smaller stuff. There is a scale of reaction (for each individual).

Over-reaction calls for reaction like calls of 'witch hunt' and lessening the impact of calling out abuse.

She's wrong.


get the fuck over it. really.

you're assuming that the "one arse pat" is the only event thats happened to the person that is traumatised. it could trigger reminders of previous abusive patternsr.

rule 1 as a carer. dont assume that you know everything about anyone in your care.



That’s exactly why Thangy said “one arse pat”.


and thats why i exactly said nobody knows if it is " one arse pat"
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20579
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: sexual assault

Postby Jeemo » 17 Dec 2017, 18:49

Thang-y wrote:Just quoting this. I'm not really awake enough to respond to this but I do want to quote it.

Edit: I'll take my own medicine by 'getting over it' but that was an arsehole response .. he's not the only arsehole on here either but the other male one is obvious and I have the arseholes on ignore. I could point out their errors but arseholes aren't interested in it, they're too busy being assertively righteous so aren't worth bothering, not in this thread not elsewhere. (No I'm not talking about Coan). Seriously, the anger of some of the massive hypocrites in this place staggers me.

I'm posting when I'm sleepy which isn't a good idea. I expect crap from some quarters (which I have on ignore as it's about them not me and I don't read it), it surprises me when I get it from others who I didn't expect to misread my points, wilfully or not. Whatever.


and thanks for the pm to tell me I'm arsehole, just in case i missed it. weren't sleepy enough for that. sweet dreams
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8384
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: sexual assault

Postby Pansy Puff » 17 Dec 2017, 19:00

A 'one arse pat' is so clearly fucking unacceptable I don't see what we're arguing about. Jeemo is right, too, we don't even know if it is a one arse pat.
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

Thang-y

Re: sexual assault

Postby Thang-y » 17 Dec 2017, 19:08

Darryl Strawberry wrote: we don't even know if it is a one arse pat.


I was talking about examples when it was one arse pat. That's why I said "one arse pat". (Edit 3: I did get the point that an arse pat may be given to a previous rape victim but I'm still talking just about an arse pat. I'm not going to keep on clarifying to you angry men, it's a bit rich really.) (Edit 1: And I said nothing about it being acceptable. I can't believe I'm saying that again. Pft.) (Edit2 : I'm certainly not going to argue how much worse being raped is though, so you carry on being angry.)
Last edited by Thang-y on 17 Dec 2017, 19:27, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 66069
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: sexual assault

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Dec 2017, 19:08

I should be amazed that anyone is actually arguing that a 'one arse pat' is okay - but, hey, this is BCB and 'they' think it's time to overcome those of 'us' who are 'virtual signalling' all the fucking time... so I'm not, sadly.
The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5989
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: sexual assault

Postby Lord Rother » 17 Dec 2017, 21:04

I must have missed the “one arse pat is ok” post.

User avatar
Pansy Puff
Posts: 8384
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 21:10
Location: Under the watchful eye of the Clive police

Re: sexual assault

Postby Pansy Puff » 17 Dec 2017, 21:20

Lord Rother wrote:I must have missed the “one arse pat is ok” post.

It's a paraphrasing.
Anyone *traumatised* by much lesser stuff like one arse pat or small stuff should get the fuck over it
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

Thang-y

Re: sexual assault

Postby Thang-y » 17 Dec 2017, 22:40

Did I say it's OK? No, I said anyone really traumatised by it should get the fuck over it.

As a female, if they're seriously traumatised by that then they'd be a nervous wreck by the age of about 11.

You guys talk the right on talk don't you.

User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20579
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: sexual assault

Postby Jeemo » 18 Dec 2017, 09:28

us guys :roll:
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
the gorton gollum
cultural defective
Posts: 16565
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: lording it

Re: sexual assault

Postby the gorton gollum » 18 Dec 2017, 11:37

The Three Mansplainteers.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor


User avatar
Jeemo
Posts: 20579
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: sexual assault

Postby Jeemo » 18 Dec 2017, 12:05

the singular twat
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 66069
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: sexual assault

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 Dec 2017, 17:12

Jeemo wrote:the singular twat


:lol:
The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed.

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 66069
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: sexual assault

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 Dec 2017, 17:17

kewl klive wrote:The Three Mansplainteers.


Image
The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed.

User avatar
CAN
hounds people off the board
Posts: 17594
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: oooh oooohh

Postby CAN » 18 Jan 2018, 16:14

mission wrote:the self-satisfied smug cunts like that moron Copehead