Jimbo

Re: sexual assault

Postby Jimbo » 06 Dec 2017, 01:13

Caption this!
persona non grata among those who worship at the altar of conventional wisdom

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Dec 2017, 23:45

John Hockenberry was accused four days ago in New York magazine article. A bunch of radio staffers have come out to say he was a bully and sent them inappropriate emails and messages.

I thought he was one of the good guys, too.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 07 Dec 2017, 11:14

Thang-y wrote:http://thehardtimes.net/music/morrissey-accused-asexual-harassment/

:D
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Dec 2017, 16:51

So what island of misfit toys are these broadcasters and politicians being exiled to?
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Dec 2017, 22:45

From a sports site I frequent: Another Title IX coordinator has resigned from Baylor University, making her the third person in a little more than a year to leave the office tasked with investigating reports of rape on campus

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Dec 2017, 19:17

Read in the SF Chronicle this morning that local tech companies are flying in models for their holiday parties. Seemed like an interesting twist in pretzel logic in this #metoo atmosphere.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Dec 2017, 19:25

sloopjohnc wrote:Read in the SF Chronicle this morning that local tech companies are flying in models for their holiday parties. Seemed like an interesting twist in pretzel logic in this #metoo atmosphere.

In what way?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » Yesterday, 17:32

Minnie the Minx wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:Read in the SF Chronicle this morning that local tech companies are flying in models for their holiday parties. Seemed like an interesting twist in pretzel logic in this #metoo atmosphere.

In what way?

Maybe it's me, but I would not bring in either female or male models for a holiday party when there is great potential for them to get hit on once people have a few drinks in them. I'm sure the men and gals are used to fending people off, but why set yourself up for that kinda scenario. Not in this environment, especially with lots of tech companies, mainly app mfgrs, having to dial back drinking at work because the found people having sex in stairways and bathrooms. And yes, providing alcohol was a perk many companies would do to attract software engineers.

I used to work for a medical association and at our annual convention, there would always be one or two doctors who were kicked out of the exhibit hall because they had inappropriately propositioned pharmaceutical sales reps. The first year, I thought it was an aberration, but it happened every one of the five years I was there. Pharma companies were notorious back in the day for hiring pretty young women as their sales staff. I only saw one teeny side of it, but I gotta figure if it happened in an exhibit hall, it was happening in doctors' offices some of the time too.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » Yesterday, 18:05

sloopjohnc wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:

In what way?

Maybe it's me, but I would not bring in either female or male models for a holiday party when there is great potential for them to get hit on once people have a few drinks in them.

Isn't that what they're being hired for?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » Yesterday, 18:19

The Modernist wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:
In what way?

Maybe it's me, but I would not bring in either female or male models for a holiday party when there is great potential for them to get hit on once people have a few drinks in them.

Isn't that what they're being hired for?

Why not abandon all pretense and hire hookers then?