sexual assault

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 28695
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: sexual assault

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Dec 2017, 21:48



SNL songs can be a bit patchy but this one hits home in a few places. I was laughing when I watched it but the thing Cecily Strong does about putting up her arm reminds me of dozens of similar situations I've been in. The end - about what's always ruined for women - is simply true.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5529
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: sexual assault

Postby Lord Rother » 04 Dec 2017, 10:40

As a young virgin I was groped at a Company Christmas Party by a forceful and highly sexual young lady. I, and others she assaulted that night, were nothing more than meat to her.

She has had a very successful business career.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 28695
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: sexual assault

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Dec 2017, 13:19

Lord Rother wrote:As a young virgin I was groped at a Company Christmas Party by a forceful and highly sexual young lady. I, and others she assaulted that night, were nothing more than meat to her.

She has had a very successful business career.


Sorry to hear about your experience.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5529
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: sexual assault

Postby Lord Rother » 04 Dec 2017, 13:26

I loved it of course.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 28695
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: sexual assault

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Dec 2017, 13:28

Do you think you've contributed something useful to this conversation?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 22545
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: sexual assault

Postby Deebank » 04 Dec 2017, 13:40

Lord Rother wrote:As a young virgin I was groped at a Company Christmas Party by a forceful and highly sexual young man who was my superior at work. I, and others he assaulted that night, were nothing more than meat to him.


Would you still have loved this more comparable scenario I wonder?
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 28695
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: sexual assault

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Dec 2017, 13:55

Lord Rother wrote:As a young virgin I was groped at a Company Christmas Party by a forceful and highly sexual young lady. I, and others she assaulted that night, were nothing more than meat to her.

She has had a very successful business career.


What a profoundly miserable thing to read this morning.
I don't know anything about you - at all - but wonder what goes through the mind of someone who sees a thread about assault where a lot of people are writing very heartfelt and painful things and thinks "what's needed here is some brevity!" I mean - I have this vision of you hunched over the computer giggling as you wrote it, imagining the virtual slaps on the back. Is it it more important for you to say things hoping for belly laughs than to be quiet and take the opportunity to listen?
But then - these are the comments that keep people quiet for a long, long time.
And it's easy on internet, of course. I don't imagine you in the ER with a freshly assaulted relative or friend leaning in and saying 'hey - hey! Guess what! I was at this party once, and..you'll never guess what!'
You poor, knuckle dragging sod.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Belle Lettre
Éminence grise
Posts: 15004
Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 07:16
Location: Antiterra

Re: sexual assault

Postby Belle Lettre » 04 Dec 2017, 14:14

Let's face It, he has form.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 30446
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: sexual assault

Postby Goat Boy » 04 Dec 2017, 14:14

Let's face it, he's an old virgin
German Dave wrote:Have a long hard look in the mirror will you

User avatar
!!VAPRANT!!
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14433
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: sexual assault

Postby !!VAPRANT!! » 04 Dec 2017, 14:45

But he’s still got BIG BIG TRAIN
Deewank wrote:By the way I gave you some Jelly Tots for your birthday and you didn’t give me ANYTHING

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5529
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: sexual assault

Postby Lord Rother » 04 Dec 2017, 17:30

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:As a young virgin I was groped at a Company Christmas Party by a forceful and highly sexual young lady. I, and others she assaulted that night, were nothing more than meat to her.

She has had a very successful business career.


What a profoundly miserable thing to read this morning.
I don't know anything about you - at all - but wonder what goes through the mind of someone who sees a thread about assault where a lot of people are writing very heartfelt and painful things and thinks "what's needed here is some brevity!" I mean - I have this vision of you hunched over the computer giggling as you wrote it, imagining the virtual slaps on the back. Is it it more important for you to say things hoping for belly laughs than to be quiet and take the opportunity to listen?
But then - these are the comments that keep people quiet for a long, long time.
And it's easy on internet, of course. I don't imagine you in the ER with a freshly assaulted relative or friend leaning in and saying 'hey - hey! Guess what! I was at this party once, and..you'll never guess what!'
You poor, knuckle dragging sod.


:lol: :lol:

It’s not brevity, or indeed levity.

It’s just what I thought was an interesting true-story contrast, one that has only fairly recently come to mind. Of course in your twisted little agenda-driven one-eyed world that must mean I am making light of the subject and am dismissive of the damage caused by damaging sexual assaults.

I’m truly not.

But hey, as always, knock yourself out. You need a target, I understand that.

User avatar
Driftwood Affirmations
Posts: 9668
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: The Steaming Metropolis

Re: sexual assault

Postby Driftwood Affirmations » 04 Dec 2017, 18:32

Go away you silly man.
Matt Harringay wrote:European sweets invading our culture.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 60303
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: sexual assault

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Dec 2017, 18:48

Lord Rother wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:As a young virgin I was groped at a Company Christmas Party by a forceful and highly sexual young lady. I, and others she assaulted that night, were nothing more than meat to her.

She has had a very successful business career.


What a profoundly miserable thing to read this morning.
I don't know anything about you - at all - but wonder what goes through the mind of someone who sees a thread about assault where a lot of people are writing very heartfelt and painful things and thinks "what's needed here is some brevity!" I mean - I have this vision of you hunched over the computer giggling as you wrote it, imagining the virtual slaps on the back. Is it it more important for you to say things hoping for belly laughs than to be quiet and take the opportunity to listen?
But then - these are the comments that keep people quiet for a long, long time.
And it's easy on internet, of course. I don't imagine you in the ER with a freshly assaulted relative or friend leaning in and saying 'hey - hey! Guess what! I was at this party once, and..you'll never guess what!'
You poor, knuckle dragging sod.


:lol: :lol:

It’s not brevity, or indeed levity.

It’s just what I thought was an interesting true-story contrast, one that has only fairly recently come to mind. Of course in your twisted little agenda-driven one-eyed world that must mean I am making light of the subject and am dismissive of the damage caused by damaging sexual assaults.

I’m truly not.

But hey, as always, knock yourself out. You need a target, I understand that.


I think the phrase, "Know your audience," applies here.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 26175
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: sexual assault

Postby toomanyhatz » 04 Dec 2017, 18:56

Lord Rother wrote:It’s just what I thought was an interesting true-story contrast


Let's take this at face value for a second. How does it contrast? What makes it interesting? What was YOUR agenda (god, what a distasteful word) in bringing it up?

damaging sexual assaults.


Damaging as opposed to what? If you're suggesting there's another kind, then yeah - you actually ARE kind of being dismissive.
sloopjohnc wrote:I know I picked the Diamondbacks, but they were the wildcard. Next teams will be a little tougher.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 5529
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: sexual assault

Postby Lord Rother » 04 Dec 2017, 19:23

Strange crowd.

Of course there’s another kind. I was sexually assaulted and it wasn’t damaging.

User avatar
Thang-y
Posts: 977
Joined: 29 Apr 2016, 17:59
Contact:

Re: sexual assault

Postby Thang-y » 04 Dec 2017, 19:50

Lord Rother wrote:As a young virgin I was groped at a Company Christmas Party by a forceful and highly sexual young lady. I, and others she assaulted that night, were nothing more than meat to her.

She has had a very successful business career.


Why does being a virgin matter?

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 26175
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: sexual assault

Postby toomanyhatz » 04 Dec 2017, 20:05

And do the words "forceful," "highly sexual," and "meat" signify assault?

Hint: devoid of context, they do not.
sloopjohnc wrote:I know I picked the Diamondbacks, but they were the wildcard. Next teams will be a little tougher.


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

User avatar
PresMuffley
Posts: 896
Joined: 06 Feb 2017, 12:00

Re: sexual assault

Postby PresMuffley » 04 Dec 2017, 20:21

sloopjohnc wrote:I think the phrase, "Know your audience," applies here.


There's nothing like a Holocaust joke to really KILL at a Jewish singles night, lemme tell ya!




I'll...

...just...

...see myself out..
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 60303
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: sexual assault

Postby sloopjohnc » 04 Dec 2017, 21:35

Lord Rother wrote:Strange crowd.

Of course there’s another kind. I was sexually assaulted and it wasn’t damaging.


Sounds very Bobby Knightish - he was the college basketball coach who infamously said if a woman is getting raped, she should just sit back and enjoy it.

Jokes are fine, but seeing the tenor of the posts, you might have read the room a little better. I think that's why you're getting the reaction you're getting.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

User avatar
Thang-y
Posts: 977
Joined: 29 Apr 2016, 17:59
Contact:

Re: sexual assault

Postby Thang-y » 04 Dec 2017, 21:42

sloopjohnc wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Strange crowd.

Of course there’s another kind. I was sexually assaulted and it wasn’t damaging.


Sounds very Bobby Knightish - he was the college basketball coach who infamously said if a woman is getting raped, she should just sit back and enjoy it.

Jokes are fine, but seeing the tenor of the posts, you might have read the room a little better. I think that's why you're getting the reaction you're getting.


Are we that sensitive we can't take questionable posts? His switch-gender post I more or less read as putting forward a situation with reversed roles possibly in order to mildly provoke possibly also/or to question the role of gender in the discussion. The dubious use of assault in this quote does look dodgier. But not in the league of suggesting raped women should enjoy it - he's just .. well boasting really .. that a woman actively approached him sexually and he enjoyed it. Use of 'assault' there is provocative but why rise to the bait? It certainly doesn't offend me - it reflects on him not me. (I was going to make a similar point in another thread about another topic. In fact I will get around to it.)