sexual assault

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Kevin Spacey's statement

Postby Goat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 13:03

Is picking somebody up and then climbing on top of them not sexual assault? I'm no expert but the definition could apply here, no?
Lord Rother wrote:Missing the sublime sense of melody which David Longdon brought to the group but nonetheless a damn fine album.

Big Big Train - Goodbye To The Age of Steam

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 03 Nov 2017, 13:04

Goat Boy wrote:Is picking somebody up and then climbing on top of them not sexual assault? I'm no expert but the definition could apply here, no?

I honestly don't know.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 13:06

Sexual assault is a statutory offence in England and Wales. It is created by section 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 which defines "sexual assault" as when a person (A)

1.intentionally touches another person (B),
2.the touching is sexual,
3.B does not consent to the touching, and
4.A does not reasonably believe that B consents.
Lord Rother wrote:Missing the sublime sense of melody which David Longdon brought to the group but nonetheless a damn fine album.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 03 Nov 2017, 13:07

Is 1 dependent on 2?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 13:12

I would assume so. Clearly the 14 year old did not consent and the touching was sexual
Last edited by Goat Boy on 03 Nov 2017, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 03 Nov 2017, 13:12

--------------------
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 03 Nov 2017, 13:18

Goat Boy wrote:I would assume so. Clearly the 14 year old did not consent and the touching was sexual although maybe some might take issue with that but....

I suppose it depends on the context. Clearly tapping someone on the shoulder wouldn't be construed as sexual assault. The touching has to come within the context of an attempted seduction, or just in itself be sexual in nature. It is about proving the intention of the toucher I guess, that they're doing it to get some sexual thrill. Under this definition I would say that this could certainly be seen as sexual assault.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 13:21

"...And then he lays down on top of me.”

When I lie down on somebody I'm not intending to read a book

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 03 Nov 2017, 13:30

I'm agreeing with you Dougie!

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 13:33

We got there in the end ;)

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Nov 2017, 15:38

Goat Boy wrote:I would assume so. Clearly the 14 year old did not consent and the touching was sexual

I also don't think "sexual" regarding touching necessarily means the butt, genitals or breasts. I bet it can mean the thigh or any other "suggestive" place, for lack of better term, although it might be harder to prosecute. I think that's why so many of these dorks start off with the shoulder massage - to gauge willingness and reciprocity.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Nov 2017, 15:39

Goat Boy wrote:

No, but they might be. In your case, it's probably more like a short newspaper article or the comics.

;)
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 15:43

Cheeky bitch!

I'll have you know I aim for nothing less than 8 minutes

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 03 Nov 2017, 15:45

Goat Boy wrote:Cheeky bitch!

I'll have you know I aim for nothing less than 8 seconds

There for a good time not a long time.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

*fun and open field*
hounds people off the board

Postby *fun and open field* » 03 Nov 2017, 16:47

sloopjohnc wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

No, but they might be. In your case, it's probably more like a short newspaper article or the comics.

;)

:lol:
Darryl Strawberry wrote:I quite like Sweet Child. Great wah-wah on the solo.

I'm off to a Governors' meeting. I'll add a clue tonight if we make no progress

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 03 Nov 2017, 17:16

Goat Boy wrote:Well people will logically conclude he is a sexual predator based on accusations like this and others. Of course they will.

They will, but not logically. The best they can logically conclude is that based on the accusations levelled at him he can reasonably be accused of being a sexual predator, but that doesn’t mean he’s guilty of being one.

Goat Boy wrote:The accusations are of general inappropriate behaviour and actual sexual assault. I certainly don't consider myself to be part of the "moral outrage brigade" by the way and I can understand why some of the shit you see on social media relating to these stories and other, far more minor discretions is unwelcome and unpleasant but it seems pretty clear what he is being accused of and it goes beyond just merely trying it on with men.

I don’t consider you to be a member of the moral outrage brigade either Dougie. Far the fuck from it! Anyway, we shall see how things unfold.

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 03 Nov 2017, 18:16

Goat Boy wrote:We got there in the end ;)

:lol:

Amidst all the sadness a decent laugh is welcome any time.

...is a line to be used in a movie dialogue, that's how deadpan and funny it is!
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 03 Nov 2017, 18:20

echolalia wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Well people will logically conclude he is a sexual predator based on accusations like this and others. Of course they will.

They will, but not logically. The best they can logically conclude is that based on the accusations levelled at him he can reasonably be accused of being a sexual predator, but that doesn’t mean he’s guilty of being one.

A fair comment

I don’t consider you to be a member of the moral outrage brigade either Dougie. Far the fuck from it! Anyway, we shall see how things unfold.

Sadly aye

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 09 Nov 2017, 05:17

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/entertain ... y-replaced

I could see SCTV doing something like this. Something involving Lola Heatherton and Bobby Bittman.

But really - that photo. This dude is just a few years older than me. He's not even 60, and he looks 70. I hadn't seen any recent photos of him. It's a little disturbing. I'm no spring chicken, but jeez.

"Quite."

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 09 Nov 2017, 11:15

Kevin Spacey: Completed film to be reshot without sex claim actor

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41925767

Scott or the production company ain't fucking about.

Now Charlie sheen is being alleged to have had sex with Corey Haim when he was like 14. Operation Hollywood Yewtree is up and away.