The contents of my marvellous prezzie from Felix, in his own inimitable words :
- The items in the orange wrappers are an original creation from Tschirren, a renowned chocolatier from the capital: truffles with tangerine liqueur which can not be ordered online
- also from the capital (picking up the bear in its coat of arms), Mandelbärli and Berner Haselnusslebkuchen
- and from Zurich, the inimitable Tirggel, pure flour and honey
I thought it was packed with info but done in a fun way also for people who have no affinity with Switzerland... and if you ever come visit, you'll be perfectly prepared!!
- I had ordered the Buckley box because it was real cheap at Amazon Italy, only to notice that I already had everything on CD (except the 'difficult' Starsailor and the bonus disc).
- I always have to include a Swiss artist in my Secret Santa packages - more often than not, it's Sophie Hunger whom I really love, but she hasn't released anything new since 12015. So I was hesitating between this one-man-accordion-orchestra (MOJO Magazine review: “Bosnian-Swiss lightning conductor drags humble accordion screaming into futurity.”) and Zeal & Ardor, a band from Basel celebrating the unlikely marriage of gospel and death metal. Check it out! ....while I think it's interesting on paper, it turns out a bit gimmicky and formulaic IMO, so I opted for Batkovic and sincerely hope you enjoy it.
Thank you again - you're the man!
a bunch of dudes jamming but some of the abrupt edits serve as a reminder it owes a lot to technology. It finds ***** distancing himself from his musical past, but it sounds equally far from the dense abstraction his music would take on later