The contents of my marvellous prezzie from Felix, in his own inimitable words :
- The items in the orange wrappers are an original creation from Tschirren, a renowned chocolatier from the capital: truffles with tangerine liqueur which can not be ordered online
- also from the capital (picking up the bear in its coat of arms), Mandelbärli and Berner Haselnusslebkuchen
- and from Zurich, the inimitable Tirggel, pure flour and honey
I thought it was packed with info but done in a fun way also for people who have no affinity with Switzerland... and if you ever come visit, you'll be perfectly prepared!!
- I had ordered the Buckley box because it was real cheap at Amazon Italy, only to notice that I already had everything on CD (except the 'difficult' Starsailor and the bonus disc).
- I always have to include a Swiss artist in my Secret Santa packages - more often than not, it's Sophie Hunger whom I really love, but she hasn't released anything new since 12015. So I was hesitating between this one-man-accordion-orchestra (MOJO Magazine review: “Bosnian-Swiss lightning conductor drags humble accordion screaming into futurity.”) and Zeal & Ardor, a band from Basel celebrating the unlikely marriage of gospel and death metal. Check it out! ....while I think it's interesting on paper, it turns out a bit gimmicky and formulaic IMO, so I opted for Batkovic and sincerely hope you enjoy it.
Thank you again - you're the man!
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.