Questionnaire- do not be afraid!

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
never/ever

Questionnaire- do not be afraid!

Postby never/ever » 08 Oct 2017, 00:33

In this Halloween-month, how about a few questions about fear?

* Have you got any phobias? Can you remember when they first started?

* Does the current state of affairs in the world and/or in your own country scare you? Do you try to avoid the news?

* Do you like horror-films? What do you like about them? Which one is your favorite? Which one do you absolutely hate?

* Do you celebrate Halloween in any shape or form?

* What scenario would scare you the most in your future- Financial uncertainty, Illness/loss of memory, being less independent?

* Are you afraid of death? What do you think it looks like?
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

TG

Re: Questionnaire- do not be afraid!

Postby TG » 08 Oct 2017, 03:50

* Have you got any phobias? Can you remember when they first started? I used to fear bridges that forced you to walk above street traffic. It was mostly the sound of the cars whooshing underneath that scared me. While attending college I had to either walk across one or go a much longer route. One day while walking home from school I climbed up the stairs, walked out over the traffic and stood there until I got over it. It actually took several days or so but I got sick of walking the long way.

* Does the current state of affairs in the world and/or in your own country scare you? Do you try to avoid the news? I don't know that it scares me. Troubles me, perhaps. I avoid televised news but that's not really new.

* Do you like horror-films? What do you like about them? Which one is your favorite? Which one do you absolutely hate? I don't watch them.

* Do you celebrate Halloween in any shape or form? Not so much.

* What scenario would scare you the most in your future- Financial uncertainty, Illness/loss of memory, being less independent? None of them sound like much fun.

* Are you afraid of death? What do you think it looks like? I don't know? It's going to happen, you know? Ernest Borgnine.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 08 Oct 2017, 05:18

I was in some ways a rather fearful child, so I'm a little startled to realize that I don't have any phobias now. I'm not sure I'd've even thought about it if you hadn't asked.

* Does the current state of affairs in the world and/or in your own country scare you? Do you try to avoid the news?

Yes and no, to both questions. Yes, I'm worried about the state of the world, but at the same time I tend to trust that things will more or less shake out in the long run. I go through spells of having to avoid the news, but they're very brief spells. I think of that as having more to do with depression than fear per se.

* Do you like horror-films? What do you like about them? Which one is your favorite? Which one do you absolutely hate?

It's rare that I choose to watch one, yet I usually enjoy them when I do see them. I suppose The Exorcist, if that counts, is my favorite. My favorite Hallowe'en flick is Mad Monster Party.

I eat candy.

* What scenario would scare you the most in your future- Financial uncertainty, Illness/loss of memory, being less independent?

That's a tough one. Every one of those should scare me more than it does.

I have no fear of death itself, of the state of being dead. The act of dying could prove to be a drag - I hope it happens quickly and with relatively little pain when it comes - but I don't really fear it that much. What does bother me is the thought of my loved ones grieving - I know it's only natural and it would just show that they loved me and so on but I still don't like the idea - and of being a burden to them, whether before or after the fact. I often think about the sheer amount of STUFF I'd be leaving behind for some poor souls to have to sort through, if I were to die anytime soon. Given how much that thought bothers me, the only sensible thing for me to do would be to divest myself of most of my STUFF. And yet - go figure! - I procrastinate.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 08 Oct 2017, 10:09

Yep, more than one, but they've changed over time. Completely conquered my childhood arachnophobia, but now suffer from claustrophobia (to the extent that I can't watch spelunkers or likewise on TV), acrophobia (unsupported heights, anyway) and whatever the fancy name is for fear of guns, to the extent that I cannot be in the same space as one. The claustrophobia and acrophobia were always mild tendencies, but got much worse after Chip died. Oddly, the claustrophobia extended to where I couldn't really stand the feeling of part, let alone all of my body being restricted or encircled, so that I can no longer bear to wear rings, for instance. I panic.

No, it doesn't scare me. I was scared by the Cuban Missile Crisis, but I was a schoolboy then. My current insouciance is to do with what others might see as fatalism, but I see as sound sense; there's absolutely no way I can influence any of these scary outcomes, so why bother? This is at least in part due to my coming to see the 'news' as essentially a repetitive loop, which is basically about keeping people in a state of mild anxiety, by presenting images of horror that they can do nothing about.
Which is why I stopped watching TV news a quarter century ago, and I feel none the worse for it.

No. I saw a few when I was younger, but avoid them, largely because I see no value in exciting an adrenaline response. I don't want to be scared, what's the point? Again, this has got much worse since I nursed Chip through her last months. Enough horror for me.
That said, my all-time favourite film, Bergman's Cries and Whispers, is basically a horror film, full of death, gore and mysticism.

No. Never have. It's silly.

At nearly 70, none of the above. I've learned not to be troubled about financial uncertainty. I've been through periods of deprivation and plenty and have learned to cope with both. So far I have not had a serious illness, and plunge on regardless; dementia I've seen from the outside, and I do what I can to stay sharp as long as I can, but I've come to view memory as a handy fiction anyway. I'm not fussed about dependence/independence.
Basically on all three of these, my position is that worrying about the future is a waste of the present. If financial security, wellness, a sound mind and independence are worth having, enjoy them rather than fretting about losing them.

I think about it a lot, but I'm more apprehensive about others' deaths – ones that I have witnessed, or ones that I dread – than my own. I often feel I'm fated to be the last man standing. Also, see last paragraph above.
As for what it's like, I'm with Momus

As I believe each of us generates our own reality, I feel that we all live forever, as time ceases when we die.
The trick, if there is one, is to be as alive as possible until you die.
Last edited by Rayge on 09 Oct 2017, 17:49, edited 2 times in total.
KAT/COYS

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 08 Oct 2017, 12:14

:?

Not that I can think of. Not of the usual ones, spiders, heights, enclosed spaces etc. I don't mind picking up spiders and letting them outside. I wouldn't do that to a cockroach though, bleugh! I don't think that's a phobia though, they're just horrible.

These days I look on it with a mix of outrage, bemusement, an appreciation of the absurd, resignation and horror. But I'm not frightened or stressed by it. It's way past that.

Nope. I don't believe in the supernatural and scarey people in films don't bother me.

I dislike the American-style "celebrations", and I'm an atheist and don't buy into the pagan nonsense. But I'm able again now to enjoy the passing of the seasons much more, especially here in Devon with Rayge, and I "celebrate" that.

My memory is fucked so that ship's sailed. Of course if it were to go in an Alzheimers-stylee .. I rather think from my reactions so far as long as there weren't too much day-to-day frustration involved I'd just go with the flow. Financial uncertainty in the future - same ol same ol. Although Rayge's attitude is wearing off on me and I don't stress quite so much about that. Besides, I should be OK. Losing my independence - I should hate that but it's not here yet why fret?

Not in the least. A protracted and painful dying process however is a horror to me as I lived it 24/7 for 18 months with my husband. I'm not there yet though so why stress? Seriously, why worry and fuck up your present for a future that may well not happen?

Flower

Postby Flower » 08 Oct 2017, 16:04

Large short haired dogs such as Pit Bulls and Dalmatians My parents had a Dalmatian that bit me when I was ten and I still have the scar on my wrist.

I'd be a fool for the current state of affairs not to scare me. Trump scares me more than a thousand Pit Bulls. I don't avoid the news, it is still what it is whether I avoid it or not.

I was raised on Horror films. My parents loved them and we would watch Thriller Theatre every Saturday night before they went out. There are too many good ones to pick just one favorite but I love the old Bela Lugosi Dracula flicks as well as the Abbott and Costello meet ... series.

We decorate the house. I put up spider webs and other decorations such as bats, rats, spiders of all kinds, window decorations .. etc. We also give out treat bags and sometimes small plastic toy spiders, bugs, monsters .. etc.

They all scare me .. my mother had some form of dementia all her life .. This scares me the most.

The unknown is scary .. I'd like to believe that there is a Rainbow Bridge and afterlife but in reality believe that we just stop being and death looks black .. now I'm depressed.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 08 Oct 2017, 16:19

my phobia is of dying. I'm utterly petrified of it and can spend hours thinking about it. I'm worried it will get worse as I get older.

yes, it does, but I don't avoid it. I like to be aware of things even thought I'm pretty helpless

I like a good, scary films. Frankenstein (1932) is an incredible work of art. Perfect. Splatter stuff is usually overrated in my opinion. I do love Carpenter's The Thing, which has blood thirsty effects but is powerful because of its psychological horror.

No. My kids do. It is for kids.

Well financial uncertainty is what most people live with and being less independent doesn't sound too scary, but loss of memory especially through dementia would terrify me. Must keep doing the crosswords.

See above. Utterly terrified of non-existance
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Oct 2017, 06:14

Moths are my biggest. Spiders run them pretty close.

Scares is a bit strong - concerns me greatly, yes. No I watch the news regularly.

Never liked them and I never watch them

No

Definitely illness/loss of memory.

I think about it more each passing year. I'm not afraid of it, but I hardly embrace it. No idea how it looks, but I firmly believe that when it's your time, you're done. There's nothing else. No afterlife, no soul continuing on... you're toast
In science, the most important criteria for success is not being stunningly full of shit.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 09 Oct 2017, 16:33

General aversion/phobia of being in large groups of people I don't know. Probably because I grew up in a small, somewhat isolated neighborhood and didn't have a lot of contact with other kids and then going to school for the first time overloaded my mind.

Yes/No.

I generally found them too intense when I was small but as an adult I love horror films. My favorite horror movie is 'Carnival of Souls.' Too many duds to mention.

Aside from playing some Halloweeny music, not really.

The first one is the one that I think of the most, though the second is ultimately scarier.

I'm afraid of a painful death, I suppose. A skeletal person in a cloak with a scythe?
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

NMB

Postby NMB » 09 Oct 2017, 17:19

Dead insects make me uneasy, live ones are fine. But it's only mild, I could make myself pick one up.

We're doomed long-term but things might not get too bad in my own lifetime. I'd say I'm resigned to it rather than scared.

Nope, not really interested. And I hate the ones that seem more interested in gore and violence than suspense.

By turning off the lights and pretending not to be at home.

Definitely illness, Alzheimers in particular, although I suppose loss of independence goes with that as well.

Nah it's just going to sleep isn't it? Forever.
turn on, tune in, nod off

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 11 Oct 2017, 22:12

Not really.
I've always done stupid things because I wasn't afraid of anything it's quite natural to be afraid of. So in adulthood I've just gained a little Nervousness that maybe I should be afraid about some things...Although I don't tend to figure out what they are until they turn out badly.

I find it Very hard to tease out the Drama from actual world-worrying/devastating events.
Sometimes troubled times bring about change.
Oftentimes it's when we're least aware that awful things happen because we just weren't being vigilant.

What troubles me the most is how fast things seem to be slipping from our understanding of the world.
I don't know how web-security works (for instance.)
I don't know who the real world leaders are.
I don't understand international law and justice.

We're probably better off than we've ever been in a lot of ways, but I don't know that anyone know's what's actually going on at all.
Except Jimbo, of course.

So, no I don't avoid the news, but I also don't understand it.

Actually scratch that and the above answer: racism and bigotry and violence scare me.

No, I don't like them.
Although I don't mind them so much if they are funny.

I never did til I lived in America, and then I was a bit old for trick or treating.
I like how the Irish do it.
I love how my Irish gay friends do it, and one halloween party that I threw with my Irish gay housemate will have to be one of the best weekends I've ever had in my life.

Being less independent

Not really. Life and just how long it can be scares me a little more.
My epitaph, please

billy wrote:She took no shit. Very confident and no nonsense woman. Wears her drawers back to front these days ...

Good on her!

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 11 Oct 2017, 23:47

Of course not. I am a grown up.

It worries me. The lack of talent in our political system is a national disgrace. I cannot think of one politician I would trust with a pizza order, let alone running the country. I enjoy the news.

I like sci fi horror, but not silly slasher or puerile zombie nonsense. anything in space is alright by me.

Of course not. I'm British.

Loss of independence. Loss of mobility more so. But I am not a worrier.

Not at all. It is as natural as breathing.
You don't like me...do you?

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 14 Oct 2017, 20:26

Have you got any phobias? Can you remember when they first started?
I'm not sure if it really counts as a proper phobia anymore, as I can control it pretty well, but moths terrify me. Now I'm ok with the standard small brown things flitting around the room, it's only if one of the rarer big bastards is in the room that I properly panic.

Does the current state of affairs in the world and/or in your own country scare you? Do you try to avoid the news?
I listen/watch plenty of news and current affairs, but I'm more apathetic and depressed than scared. I've pretty much lost faith with politics, the public, everything. Ignorance and hatred is celebrated, money is king, and politics has become a celebrity race to become the most loathsome individual on earth.

Do you like horror-films? What do you like about them? Which one is your favorite? Which one do you absolutely hate?
Love 'em. I'm not entirely sure what I like about them to be honest, I think it's something to do with the tension and release thing which comedy is built upon, but there's rarely an adequate comedy film whereas there are tons of adequate horrors. They're fun, by and large. Favourites are The Exorcist, Wicker Man (if that counts), Sinister, The Innocents, Blair Witch, The Friday 13th films up to & just about including no 7, Hammer Horrors, anything with Vincent Price. I can't think of one I genuinely hate, though I have a vague recollection of Reeker being particularly poor.

Do you celebrate Halloween in any shape or form?
No, though this year I've got to do a mate's 50th birthday part at Halloween, so I've got to dress up as a zombie or something and pretend to enjoy it's fun, rather than a colossal waste of time and effort to participate in some kind of forced jollity.

What scenario would scare you the most in your future- Financial uncertainty, Illness/loss of memory, being less independent?
Financial uncertainty is a vague worry, though I'm fairly comfortable that way, I always suspect that something will come along and take all my savings, or I'll lose my job and be unable to find another. My memory sucks anyway, but fragility of mind and becoming a burden is a proper worry. I think that if my marbles do start to disappear, and I'm aware of it, I'd probably consider doing away with myself.

Are you afraid of death? What do you think it looks like?
No. I guess I don't really want it to happen yet, and I don't want some lingering slow painful demise, but the end doesn't really scare me. I'll just not exist anymore.
Saving my holier-than-thou nonsense for a more deserving cause since '82

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 14 Oct 2017, 21:27

never/ever wrote:In this Halloween-month, how about a few questions about fear?

If you want to include severe obsessive-compulsive disorder (the checking variety) in the spectrum of "phobias" (there is good reason to do so), then: yes. It cost me more precious time of life than I want to count, or even remember. But nowadays, I can handle it pretty well. It became incapacitating when I was 23 years of age.

It scares me deeply. Western societies have regressed, terribly so. I studied what is commonly called "neoliberalism", for more than a year by now, in an attempt to discover (or "read") the urges and desires of those in power. The conclusions are bitter. In brief: endless accumulation of wealth and power by only a few (whom I regard as narcissistic and sociopathic, i.e. unable to live together with other, common people) may well be the cause of the destruction of our social environments, our empathies, our climate, and thus: humankind itself. Everything that I can think of, in terms of human relations, has changed for the worse. We may have already reached a point of no return. I can't help it that so many people keep on voting for their own oppressors, their own slave-drivers. We seem to live in a reality that's made up, entirely fictitious. In an eternal "now". Which is by definition a lie.

Very slightly. I am a fan of the old UA horror flicks of the '30s (Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, and so on). Film Noir also brought many a fine horrific movie. I have bought two fairly recent examples: Saw, and Hostel (2nd hand, for beer money). Not that I'd ever see them as 'art', or 'entertainment'. Just because I want to know what is the essence of modern horror. I don't expect to derive any thrills, or even 'fun', from watching them. Call it: a sociological curiosity.

No. The world, anno 2017, is a permanent Halloween flick, with real monsters, real wars, real torture, real deceit, real scares, and real threats. Halloween has become totally obsolete. It is nostalgia, for those who suffer from all anxieties that politicians and economists punish us with.

I totally love what I am doing right now. I have an academic degree (M.Sc.), I am investigating psychiatric illnesses in the context of the current climate (ASD, ADHD, depression, addiction, others), and I am very lucky to have access to all relevant scientific publications (neuroscience, sociology, philosophy, and the history of the sciences in general). This happiness, which came at great personal cost en took many efforts, makes that I don't worry much about the future. As long as there are warm, decent, and understanding people around me, there is no cause to get deeply worried.

Afraid? No. I am a religious man, and I don't think my existence will end when my physical 'home' will have ceased to 'function'.
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 14 Oct 2017, 21:32

Oh, Maarten -

thank you for an intriguing series of questions.
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 15 Oct 2017, 01:04

I have a reaction to heights, I don't know if it is a fear as such, I love being up high and looking out over a view, I was 3000m up Etna a couple of weeks ago and being in planes and choppers doesn't bother me, and neither does being in high buildings or the London Eye.
But my body and mind cannot deal with being near steep/shear drops, so I can walk to the top of a mountain as long as there is no steep drop, but I cannot walk up the third or fourth level of a spiral stair case up the inside of a hollow tower for instance as that is too high for me to deal with.

I am still a little wary of unaccompanied dogs that are obviously aggressive or frightened, but generally love dogs, I too was bitten as a bairn.

Nothing else bothers me much.

Not really, I would prefer it if a risible manchild wasn't in power in the US, but I trust one of the ex forces guys they have surrounded him with to do the decent thing and pop a cap in his head if he tried to do anything too crazy.

Like Rayge I dislike anything designed to provoke an adrenaline response, so horror films are on the list along with rollercoasters.
There have been frightening films I have enjoyed in the past because they were well made - Alien and Aliens spring to mind - but these days I wouldn't watch a film designed to scare me in a way that raised the heart rate and lead to adrenaline spikes

No

I find all of those ideas worrying, I like being financially stable, well and independent, who doesn't.
At the moment financial uncertainty is my biggest worry as I am constantly on the verge of being made redundant and have been for 3-4 years now.

But as I'd have a six figure sum in the bank if it happened I would still be better off than the vast majority of people this happens to every day, and in some ways I would like a job that didn't keep me away from home for 6 months a year now.

My redundancy pay would easily pay for top level career change advice.

I am not afraid of death.
I am with Jeremy Bentham and Woody Allen.

I worry about the process of dying and don't want to be there when it happens, but as Bentham says, I wasn't inconvenienced before being born so I doubt I will be inconvenienced after I die.

I find the thought of the loss of my consciousness sad, I think we are living a hundred years or so too early for the prolongation of life by technological means.
You've rendered that scaffolding dangerous

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

quix

Postby quix » 15 Oct 2017, 09:42

Diamond Dog wrote:* Have you got any phobias? Can you remember when they first started?

Moths are my biggest. Spiders run them pretty close.

Scares is a bit strong - concerns me greatly, yes. No I watch the news regularly.

Never liked them and I never watch them

No

Definitely illness/loss of memory.

I think about it more each passing year. I'm not afraid of it, but I hardly embrace it. No idea how it looks, but I firmly believe that when it's your time, you're done. There's nothing else. No afterlife, no soul continuing on... you're toast

Q1. Red type or red ink. It terrifies me. It started 30 seconds ago when I saw DD’s post. Horrific.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Oct 2017, 16:04

I used to be very afraid of spiders, but I tolerate them now. My chief fear is oversized statutes or carvings - being up close to them - or being stranded on one. For example, waking up to find myself on the nose of the Statue of Liberty. I found the Sagrada Familia hard for all these reasons, looking out of windows and seeing a random stone hand leaning out. Being underwater in the structure of a statue that's in a fountain - for example the feet of a load of pounding horses - aaagh. Those dives where people go to underwater statues of Jesus - fuck that.

I don't know that scare is the right word. I actively tried to avoid the news a while ago as it was making me physically ill, but it's hard. I try and avoid people TALKING about the news, which just sends me over into a rage. The gym is a minefield, twelve TVs with subtitles in case you are listening to music. Appalling. I stand in front of the wildlife vet channel or the one doing re-runs of Charmed (how did that series ever get commissioned?)

Not really - The Shining shit me up for life.

Sort of - I used to go out when I was little with a turnip, and since moving to this part of Austin we get a moderate amount of children coming to the door which is lovely. Husband insists on getting high quality chocolate which the parents always comment on, and gives us good Halloween cred. Last year I dressed as Bowie in the Lazarus video complete with eye bandages so I walked into a load of table edges as I couldn't see.

Loss of physical mobility (so independence I suppose.) I can always get up and dance with a forgetful brain. If I can't dance, it's over.

I was thinking about this as I watched the amazing documentary 'Dying at Grace' last night. I don't have a soundbite answer. Every death is unique,
in a way, and every death is actually completely the same. The things I wouldn't want for myself: a situation where death is hours or minutes away, you are acutely aware and there's nothing you can do (your plane is starting a slow descent into a mountainside and you have time to know all about it, you have an internal bleed that nothing can be done for or have been poisoned with something for which there is no antidote, you're in a hostage situation with a gunman with their eyes on the clock). Those situations are ones I would like to avoid. An illness where the symptoms are so awful that death is a welcome release, an overnight stopping of the heart where I am blissfully unaware, that sort of thing I don't fear, really. I think endlessly about the death of my loved ones, and that's way more pressing to me. I don't deal with loss well.
There's something appalling about witnessing deaths of people who are not ready to go and are fighting to stay alive, a situation I've been in more than I would have liked and I suspect I would be the absolute worst person to be on my way out prematurely.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Oct 2017, 16:53

I don't like heights but then I can go reasonably high and not be too bothered. I did a bungee jump at 50m but when I went up the empire state building I was not ok at all. I couldn't even have my back to the edge and after a wee while I said to the lass "can we go back down now?". I didn't feel comfortable at all so that's my limit.

The double whammy of Brexit and Trump shook me up like no other political events in my lifetime. At that point I took a conscious step back from the news and now I don't even watch the news. Social media is hard to take at times and it feels never ending. I don't feel scared but I certainly feel anxious. Ask me again in ten years and I might be scared

I adore them and always have. It's saddens me a bit to see so many people nonplussed about 'em but that's the way it is I'm afraid. As genre movies go horror are nearly always the most entertaining plus, crucially, you can enjoy them ironically in a way that you can't with other genre movies. Bad acting, bad special effects etc can be a source of real pleasure and this is crucial in enjoying the genre.

Horror films also aren't constrained by the same rules of other movies. Because they naturally exist in a different world it can give film makers the ability to let their imaginations run totally wild. Horror movies can tap into the dreamworld and the subconcious in a really thrilling way that other movies naturally struggle with and the genre is deep and wide and incredibly varied. Yes there is a lot of shit but even the shit can be enjoyable and for every 'straightforward' horror like Texas Chainsaw Massacre there is something more outre like Eyes Without A Face or The Wicker Man and so on.

Plus there is a real distinction in different countries horror culture. So for example Italy naturally has a visual flair (see Mario Brava, Argento), Australia often finds its horror in the unknown wilderness of the clash between city and countryside and so on. Horror movies are sociological. They tell us about the times and they teach us about ourselves.

Favourites? Too many to mention...

We always have a horror film night with some friends.

Alzeimers, shit like that

I'm becoming more aware of my own mortality but more from watching people age. I'm not afraid of my own death yet, but people I love? yes, absolutely. Sometimes I find myself imagining people close to me dying and I get very upset. I guess that's what you do to try and preprare yourself.

What does it look like? It's the end. That's it.
German Dave wrote:Have a long hard look in the mirror will you

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 15 Oct 2017, 17:30

I'm not good with heights, though I don't mind ascending to a reasonable height. It's the feeling of there being nothing on one or both sides of you, and I am capable of feeling like that on Tube platforms..I have lately been going to a climbing wall the odd week, which may perhaps help in the end.
It enrages me rather than scares me. I try to avoid being over-saturated with news but I need to know the latest.
I do indeed. I like being unsettled or simply made to jump out of my skin, though I do hide. Favourite? Oof..The Hitcher ( the original obviously) followed by The Omen. I hate The Shining due to loving the book.
No.
I think illness/loss of memory. I'm rather impecunious in any case.

As others have said, the fear would be of knowing it was imminent but not immediate. I also feel grief and horror at the idea of non-being, both mine and that of those I love.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.