Harvey Weinstein in trouble

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Re: Harvey Weinstein in trouble

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Oct 2017, 21:27

Still Baron wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Game over or will he be a Hollywood redemption story?

Pretty sure he’s toast.

The only way you bounce back from this sort of thing is to find Jesus and let everyone know about it, but that doesn't really go with having a high-profile career in Gomorrah-on-the-Pacific, so yeah, I don't really see a way for him to get around this.
Last edited by Snarfyguy on 10 Oct 2017, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 10 Oct 2017, 21:31

Yeah. And the only thing that’s gonna happen is that dozens more will come forward. This gets worse for him, not better. He needs to fuck off to a lake in Switzerland or Italy or wherever and live out his life.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Oct 2017, 02:15

Snarfyguy wrote:
Still Baron wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Game over or will he be a Hollywood redemption story?

Pretty sure he’s toast.

The only way you bounce back from this sort of thing is to find Jesus.

Knowing him, he'd ask Jesus for a massage.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 11 Oct 2017, 04:50

Would he have fugitive status if he's out of the country and criminal charges drop (and he doesn't come back from some non-extraditable place), Baron? Because I think he flew the coop already, didn't he?
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 11 Oct 2017, 04:56

Snarfyguy wrote:Would he have fugitive status if he's out of the country and criminal charges drop (and he doesn't come back from some non-extraditable place), Baron? Because I think he flew the coop already, didn't he?

I'm not sure of the specific details, but given the allegations that this conduct has been pretty much ongoing, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are indictments. If he were in a place without an extradition agreement, he would certainly be subject to seizure upon landing in a place that did (or in the States). I should think. But I don't really deal with that sort of exciting stuff so I'm only guessing. He's totally . . . fucked as far as I can see.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Oct 2017, 04:59

I know it's sleazy but shall we now burn our Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin records for the way they treated women. If I recall I and my pals lauded rock stars for their lusty ways. And forget about how women are portrayed in music videos.
persona non grata among those who worship at the altar of conventional wisdom

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 11 Oct 2017, 05:04

Jimbo wrote:I know it's sleazy but shall we now burn our Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin records for the way they treated women. If I recall I and my pals lauded rock stars for their lusty ways. And forget about how women are portrayed in music videos.

Did someone suggest we burn Pulp Fiction or Bad Santa?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Oct 2017, 06:23

Still Baron wrote:
Jimbo wrote:I know it's sleazy but shall we now burn our Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin records for the way they treated women. If I recall I and my pals lauded rock stars for their lusty ways. And forget about how women are portrayed in music videos.

Did someone suggest we burn Pulp Fiction or Bad Santa?

Not Pulp Fiction but Bad Santa, yeah.

Sex is weird. Weinstein is weird. I'm weird. Whatever, most of us we can compartmentalize our sex doings from the rest of our lives. Though I may get a hankering, what, every seven seconds according to Kinsey, I can still go shopping, go to work, have dinner with friends, do just about anything without having to actually DO something sexual. That includes having a political opinion or taking a political stance. Weinstein may be horny but he still wants gun control. If we were more mature we'd appreciate his political contributions and compartmentalize his lechery just as we did with the Stones and Bill Clinton and before that, JFK.
persona non grata among those who worship at the altar of conventional wisdom

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 11 Oct 2017, 07:36

Big difference between a Shagger and a Predator.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Nick

Postby Nick » 11 Oct 2017, 09:02

Count Machuki wrote:I read this NYer article aghast.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... ir-stories

Jesus. Aghast is the right word.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 11 Oct 2017, 11:08

It will be interesting to see what actors directors stick by him, if any. There's reports that Matt Damon and Russell Crowe stopped an news article about his behavior back in the day. I think Kevin Smith has distanced himself already from him. Wonder what Tarantino will be saying.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Oct 2017, 11:17

The Great Defector wrote:It will be interesting to see what actors directors stick by him, if any. There's reports that Matt Damon and Russell Crowe stopped an news article about his behavior back in the day. I think Kevin Smith has distanced himself already from him. Wonder what Tarantino will be saying.

His film career is finished.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 11 Oct 2017, 11:53

The Modernist wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:It will be interesting to see what actors directors stick by him, if any. There's reports that Matt Damon and Russell Crowe stopped an news article about his behavior back in the day. I think Kevin Smith has distanced himself already from him. Wonder what Tarantino will be saying.

Tarantino? I think he said he's retiring anyway, but i'll believe it when I see it. Another film company will snap him up, or at least give him another try.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Oct 2017, 12:04

The Great Defector wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

Tarantino? I think he said he's retiring anyway, but i'll believe it when I see it. Another film company will snap him up, or at least give him another try.

No, Weinstein.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 11 Oct 2017, 12:21

The Modernist wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

No, Weinstein.

Oh right. I was just thinking of people that somehow made it work again in Hollywood. Polanski comes to mind. Wahlberg left a guy blind in one eye but that was pre fame.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 11 Oct 2017, 12:32

Still Baron wrote:the only thing that’s gonna happen is that dozens more will come forward. This gets worse for him, not better.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Oct 2017, 12:47

Oh right. I was just thinking of people that somehow made it work again in Hollywood. Polanski comes to mind. Wahlberg left a guy blind in one eye but that was pre fame.

Yeah there's a lot of hypocrisy over Polanski. Strictly speaking his films are produced in Europe though (although some may get Hollywood distribution). I think Polanski is helped by the fact his crime happened in the early 70s, there's kind of 'crazy things happened back then' attitude towards it, which is wrong, but there you go.

Nick

Postby Nick » 12 Oct 2017, 12:24

Still Baron wrote:I'm not sure of the specific details, but given the allegations that this conduct has been pretty much ongoing, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are indictments.

Surely there must be? The accusations against him are out there now, so I'd assume (admittedly from a layman's point of view) that criminal charges will inevitably follow.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

The Unfragrant Ox
hounds people off the board

Postby The Unfragrant Ox » 12 Oct 2017, 13:17

Did you hear his 'we all make mistakes' line as he was getting into the car earlier? The fucking arrogance of the man!
The Modernist wrote:They're just silly ads J. No one's interested.

German Dave wrote:Have a long hard look in the mirror will you, Coan.

Diamond Dog wrote:Fuck off you condescending cunt.

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 12 Oct 2017, 14:52

And now his wife is leaving him. Jeez, if these two krazy kidz can't make it work out, what hope is there for the rest of us?

"Quite."