in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Re: Harvey Weinstein in trouble

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 07 Oct 2017, 15:53

bee-eating feminist says you're late wrote:
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
What does this mean?

That I perhaps did not write very clearly.

And that types of business that involve mass entertainment, mass profits, and that can offer instant fame to young and beautiful people, may easily attract people who lust after power, cash, sex, and drugs. Those people aren't really known for their empathy, modesty, and honesty.

On what basis do you say that people who lust after sex and drugs are not known for empathy, modesty and honesty?

You forgot the power and the cash. Deliberately?
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 07 Oct 2017, 16:10

That I perhaps did not write very clearly.

And that types of business that involve mass entertainment, mass profits, and that can offer instant fame to young and beautiful people, may easily attract people who lust after power, cash, sex, and drugs. Those people aren't really known for their empathy, modesty, and honesty.

On what basis do you say that people who lust after sex and drugs are not known for empathy, modesty and honesty?

You forgot the power and the cash. Deliberately?

:D

You tool.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Robert

Postby Robert » 07 Oct 2017, 18:51

quix wrote:I think perhaps he means that industries based on selling images of fiction, fantasy, attract a certain type of dangerous person.

Sure that's what he means.

quix

Postby quix » 07 Oct 2017, 19:21

Actually I was feeling a little bias earlier against the creative industries as I recalled my own experience. But actually, wherever there are people, mainly men, in positions of power or authority where the opportunity to exploit young or vulnerable people is possible, there is the potential for sexual abuse. It happens in schools, colleges, doctors’ surgeries, church or religious communities, hospitals, children’s homes, you name it. It’s not just the creative industries and it’s not just because of the prevalence of drugs or money. I suppose it’s what being in a position of power can do to some people.

The worst thing for the victims is living with the feeling of total shame. As though “you” are the one to blame for allowing it to happen. You never shake that off.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Oct 2017, 19:59

Goat Boy wrote::oops:

:lol:
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Oct 2017, 20:02

quix wrote:Actually I was feeling a little bias earlier against the creative industries as I recalled my own experience. But actually, wherever there are people, mainly men, in positions of power or authority where the opportunity to exploit young or vulnerable people is possible, there is the potential for sexual abuse. It happens in schools, colleges, doctors’ surgeries, church or religious communities, hospitals, children’s homes, you name it. It’s not just the creative industries and it’s not just because of the prevalence of drugs or money. I suppose it’s what being in a position of power can do to some people.

The worst thing for the victims is living with the feeling of total shame. As though “you” are the one to blame for allowing it to happen. You never shake that off.

I used to work for a medical association. At our annual meeting/tradeshow, the game was to pick the second or third wife when a couple walked up to the booth faster than our co-workers. Like the license plate game on roadtrips.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 07 Oct 2017, 20:19

sloopjohnc wrote:
quix wrote:Actually I was feeling a little bias earlier against the creative industries as I recalled my own experience. But actually, wherever there are people, mainly men, in positions of power or authority where the opportunity to exploit young or vulnerable people is possible, there is the potential for sexual abuse. It happens in schools, colleges, doctors’ surgeries, church or religious communities, hospitals, children’s homes, you name it. It’s not just the creative industries and it’s not just because of the prevalence of drugs or money. I suppose it’s what being in a position of power can do to some people.

I used to work for a medical association. At our annual meeting/tradeshow, the game was to pick the second or third wife when a couple walked up to the booth faster than our co-workers. Like the license plate game on roadtrips.

What does this have to do with sexual abuse?

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 07 Oct 2017, 20:36

Yep.

Dr Markus wrote:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 07 Oct 2017, 21:11

sloopjohnc wrote:

What does this have to do with sexual abuse?

I veered off the main topic to write about doctors and hospitals.

I've been on here a few years but nobody's sent me the rule book. Sorry, ref.

Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 07 Oct 2017, 21:14

:lol:

Dr Markus wrote:

quix

Postby quix » 07 Oct 2017, 21:19

I’m still trying to work out the game but I probably don’t want to :(

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 09 Oct 2017, 15:26

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41546694

Harvey Weinstein sacked after sexual harassment claims

Game over or will he be a Hollywood redemption story?
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Oct 2017, 16:22

quix wrote:I know this from personal experience...

:(

oh, quix, I'm sad to read this
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 09 Oct 2017, 16:29

The Great Defector wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41546694

Pretty sure he’s toast.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 09 Oct 2017, 16:34

Rich toast.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 09 Oct 2017, 22:51

Still Baron wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41546694

Pretty sure he’s toast.

Or Potus material.
Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 10 Oct 2017, 09:21

This whole "open secret" thing I find very hard to deal with. If people knew, why has it taken this long? Same with Saville.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 10 Oct 2017, 18:09

A tape of him trying to get a woman into his room - definitely not a comfortable listen. He sounds like a champion scumbag.
http://digg.com/2017/weinstein-accuser-recording

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 10 Oct 2017, 18:11

Tactful Cactus wrote:A tape of him trying to get a woman into his room - definitely not a comfortable listen. He sounds like a champion scumbag.
http://digg.com/2017/weinstein-accuser-recording

Sounds like?

I read this NYer article aghast.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... ir-stories
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

bobzilla77

Postby bobzilla77 » 10 Oct 2017, 20:34

It's kind of astounding as it unfurls. And the reaction is going to be worth watching. He is already being defended in some quarters, let's see how long that continues as more and more women come forward.
Jimbo wrote:The Natural Times said no matter, essentially we are all doomed.