May's speech

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Modernist

Re: May's speech

Postby The Modernist » 05 Oct 2017, 09:33

ooooooohhhhh yeah wrote::)

Why anyone would feel sorry for her is honestly beyond me. She's as hard-faced as they come. And she's held onto her position because of greed and short-sightedness as much as luck.

Make no mistake - this is one venal, scheming bitch.

Copehead wrote:
Do people feel sympathy for politicians who fuck it up,now?

What a world

Well we can relate to having a heavy cold and feeling a bit shitty. That's something everyone has experienced. And usually when we feel like that we pull a sickie from work. She was in a position where she didn't have that option and that's what might attract sympathy. It really wasn't a political point I was making at all.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 05 Oct 2017, 20:35

ooooooohhhhh yeah wrote:Fair enough. I'm sick of the whole lot of them. I don't recall living in such times. Cunts to a man.

Even in the 80s when every right-thinking person spat on Reagan and Thatcher, you were aware of their statesmen-like qualities. There was conviction at least.

Pricks to a woman too?

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 05 Oct 2017, 20:42

John aka Josh wrote:
ooooooohhhhh yeah wrote:Fair enough. I'm sick of the whole lot of them. I don't recall living in such times. Cunts to a man.

Even in the 80s when every right-thinking person spat on Reagan and Thatcher, you were aware of their statesmen-like qualities. There was conviction at least.

Pricks to a woman too?

I was a teenage through the second half of the 80s, but I never saw any statesman-like qualities in Reagan. Thatcher was just scary and so had that commanding sense that other scary leaders have. Of course, she fucked most things up for the north so I never had any respect for her.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 06 Oct 2017, 08:22

This, on a poster and postcard, was around at the time...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29997985

Deebank wrote:In the UK every region has its own unique and brilliant variation on the old fermented curd.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 06 Oct 2017, 13:40

Tory weasel Grant Shapps seems to be plotting a coup behind her back. Seemingly in collusion with Boris.

So, anyone expect Amber Rudd to be PM by Christmas?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Oct 2017, 13:51

The Prof wrote:Tory weasel Grant Shapps seems to be plotting a coup behind her back. Seemingly in collusion with Boris.

So, anyone expect Amber Rudd to be PM by Christmas?

Not exactly plotting behind her back... front page news and the leader on last nights news channels.
I'm sure Johnson is fully aware of proceedings.

But I backed Hammond to be the next Tory Leader and I think he's playing his hand particularly well at present.
The leaves have lost hold of the branches as always, Which leaves us with gold and win coloured pathways

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 06 Oct 2017, 13:52

Jacob Rees Mogg is da man!!!
Copehead wrote:I was helping out the victims of virtue signaling in the Ghettos before this was even an issue in the wider world.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 06 Oct 2017, 14:13

ooooooohhhhh yeah wrote:Even in the 80s when every right-thinking person spat on Reagan and Thatcher, you were aware of their statesmen-like qualities.

You as a teenager may have been. As a grown-up I thought they were clueless cunts, both of them, without an ounce of understanding, mouthpieces for others, easily deluded into destroying the economies of the western anglophone world by allowing a cadre of brigand economists to spunk their neo-liberal, monetarist insanity all over it.
Just saying, like.
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 06 Oct 2017, 15:00

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 06 Oct 2017, 16:14

Rayge wrote:
ooooooohhhhh yeah wrote:Even in the 80s when every right-thinking person spat on Reagan and Thatcher, you were aware of their statesmen-like qualities.

You as a teenager may have been. As a grown-up I thought they were clueless cunts, both of them, without an ounce of understanding, mouthpieces for others, easily deluded into destroying the economies of the western anglophone world by allowing a cadre of brigand economists to spunk their neo-liberal, monetarist insanity all over it.
Just saying, like.

That's how I experienced it too. Those years I was at the Uni, and looking back, I think we were pretty well informed about who were the ventriloquists.
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 08 Oct 2017, 14:25

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Oct 2017, 15:04

What an unamusing smug twat Mitchell is.
The leaves have lost hold of the branches as always, Which leaves us with gold and win coloured pathways

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 08 Oct 2017, 15:13

He amuses me, but I think we have already established that you and I have different senses of humour :)

Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 08 Oct 2017, 15:15

Diamond Dog wrote:What an unamusing smug twat Mitchell is.

I like him but that article could only spark a fire with the truly unimaginative.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

R. Swipe
hounds people off the board

Postby R. Swipe » 08 Oct 2017, 15:17

Heseltine making a lot of sense on the BBC
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
Your essay needs to be in before 5.00 tomorrow Dougie.

:D :D :D

One of the finest replies in BCB's history.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 09 Oct 2017, 14:27

ooooooohhhhh yeah wrote:Heseltine making a lot of sense on the BBC

He talks a bit of sense on Brexit and then he gets asked about Corbyn and comes up with all the old clichés about JC turning Britain into a 70s Communist gulag.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 09 Oct 2017, 18:06

I'm sick of the lot of them.

Sugar nails Corbyn rather well...

“All they’ve done with Corbyn is they’ve taken him to Matalan, they’ve bought him a suit, they’ve cut his hair and they’ve cleaned him up a little bit. He looked like a real lefty hippy when he first came on the scene.
So they’ve dressed him up, told him what to say and he’s become a proper politician now – in other words, a liar.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/07/alan-sugar-in-five-years-middle-england-are-not-going-to-like-themselves?CMP=share_btn_link
Deebank wrote:In the UK every region has its own unique and brilliant variation on the old fermented curd.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 09 Oct 2017, 21:13

Samoan wrote:I'm sick of the lot of them.

“All they’ve done with Corbyn is they’ve taken him to Matalan, they’ve bought him a suit, they’ve cut his hair and they’ve cleaned him up a little bit. He looked like a real lefty hippy when he first came on the scene.
So they’ve dressed him up, told him what to say and he’s become a proper politician now – in other words, a liar.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/07/alan-sugar-in-five-years-middle-england-are-not-going-to-like-themselves?CMP=share_btn_link

Hardly. I've heard more astute analysis from a bloke shouting out of the window of a white van.

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 09 Oct 2017, 21:46

The Modernist wrote:

Hardly. I've heard more astute analysis from a bloke shouting out of the window of a white van.

Agreed. Can someone clarify what it is he is alleged to have lied about?
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 09 Oct 2017, 21:51

Darryl Strawberry wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

Agreed. Can someone clarify what it is he is alleged to have lied about?

" ee spoke all that bollocks didne? Fucking hippy".