practical jokes

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
!!VAPRANT!!
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14446
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

practical jokes

Postby !!VAPRANT!! » 29 Sep 2017, 12:09

As teens it was quite common to order takeaway to people's houses,usually massive amounts like just six omelettes from a Chinese menu. Of course once delivered and both the recipient and takeaway are pissed off, the offender will get called back with no answer.
Deewank wrote:By the way I gave you some Jelly Tots for your birthday and you didn’t give me ANYTHING

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 24294
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 13:31
Location: Up late at night again

Re: practical jokes

Postby Nick » 29 Sep 2017, 12:15

When I was in high school, some kids who used to pick on me plagued my parents with this sort of thing, it went on for months. It caused my mum and dad a great deal of upset.

As a consequence, I take a pretty dim view of it. It's a cunt's trick.
Last edited by Nick on 29 Sep 2017, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14233
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: practical jokes

Postby kewl klive » 29 Sep 2017, 12:16

Ringing up your headteacher and asking “ Is that Mr Hodgson on the line?”.

“Yes”

“THEN GET OFF, THERE’S A TRAIN COMING YOU TIT!”
Lonely Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily.

Ho Ho Hodgson wrote:I know you think I pick on you.

Baldy K wrote:I'd love to meet Jeemo (no idea if he'd like to meet me).

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 30446
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: practical jokes

Postby Goat Boy » 29 Sep 2017, 13:04

I went through a prank phonecall period when I was about 12.

Nothing bad or nuffink, I just used to phone people and do a Big Bopper impression (helloooo baaaaaby) and then giggle and hang up.

(that's really lame I know)
German Dave wrote:Have a long hard look in the mirror will you

User avatar
Robert
Posts: 722
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 13:24

Re: practical jokes

Postby Robert » 29 Sep 2017, 13:29

They can be great but for me it's the look on the victim's face that does it, so I would have to be there.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 28697
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: practical jokes

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Sep 2017, 14:45

My elder brother had a friend at school who used to have access to animal carcasses. Him and his gang used to put cows eyeballs in the stainless steel water jugs at school and wait for kids to pour themselves some water.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 11357
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: practical jokes

Postby Rayge » 29 Sep 2017, 15:01

for the first time in recorded history, I agree with Nick.
I never pranked anyone as a kid, and from an adult – unless it's part of a the culture among a group of friends – well, it's an indication of a mean spirit.
Last edited by Rayge on 29 Sep 2017, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
KAT/COYS

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

User avatar
driftin
Posts: 511
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 03:23

Re: practical jokes

Postby driftin » 29 Sep 2017, 15:14

If a practical joke doesn't leave the victim feeling better afterwards then it's not a practical joke, it's just being an arsehole.

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38969
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: practical jokes

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 29 Sep 2017, 15:20

I was once set on fire as a practical joke, and collected 5 million dollars after suing the joker. I felt better after that.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Rayge
Posts: 11357
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 11:37
Location: deepest Devon
Contact:

Re: practical jokes

Postby Rayge » 29 Sep 2017, 15:27

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I was once set on fire as a practical joke, and collected 5 million dollars after suing the joker.


The homity pies are on Harv!
KAT/COYS

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 60313
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: practical jokes

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Sep 2017, 16:25

Mick Rickenbacker wrote:As teens it was quite common to order takeaway to people's houses,usually massive amounts like just six omelettes from a Chinese menu. Of course once delivered and both the recipient and takeaway are pissed off, the offender will get called back with no answer.


Can't do that anymore because you can see who called you on the phone - landline, and of course, cell.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 60313
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: practical jokes

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Sep 2017, 16:32

HALLELUGAH wrote:My elder brother had a friend at school who used to have access to animal carcasses. Him and his gang used to put cows eyeballs in the stainless steel water jugs at school and wait for kids to pour themselves some water.


That's a good one.

As 12-15 years old, before we could get a summer job, we'd each buy a shitload of firecrackers, bottle rockets and M80s and blow up mailboxes all day in my hometown. Not a whole lot of creativity or wit in that one.

My brother and his best friend got in trouble because one summer day they decided to make a dummy with my dad's old clothes, newspaper and stuff and put it in the middle of the road outside our house. We lived on a hairpin turn, where people usually went too fast, and a couple people got really freaked out when they thought they hit a real person. My brother and his friend watched from our deck which overlooked the street.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 60313
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: practical jokes

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Sep 2017, 16:35

There's a whole cable TV show devoted to these, Impractical Jokers, where four buddies from New York do dares with each other and pull practical jokes on people. They laugh like hyenas at each other when the jokes are barely mildly amusing. I hate it. My son loves it.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14233
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: practical jokes

Postby kewl klive » 29 Sep 2017, 16:52

sloopjohnc wrote:
Mick Rickenbacker wrote:As teens it was quite common to order takeaway to people's houses,usually massive amounts like just six omelettes from a Chinese menu. Of course once delivered and both the recipient and takeaway are pissed off, the offender will get called back with no answer.


Can't do that anymore because you can see who called you on the phone - landline, and of course, cell.


Burner 8-)
Lonely Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily.

Ho Ho Hodgson wrote:I know you think I pick on you.

Baldy K wrote:I'd love to meet Jeemo (no idea if he'd like to meet me).

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38969
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: practical jokes

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 29 Sep 2017, 17:17

Grindr?
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14233
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: practical jokes

Postby kewl klive » 29 Sep 2017, 17:26

Smokr
Lonely Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily.

Ho Ho Hodgson wrote:I know you think I pick on you.

Baldy K wrote:I'd love to meet Jeemo (no idea if he'd like to meet me).

User avatar
!!VAPRANT!!
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14446
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: practical jokes

Postby !!VAPRANT!! » 29 Sep 2017, 17:40

sloopjohnc wrote:There's a whole cable TV show devoted to these, Impractical Jokers, where four buddies from New York do dares with each other and pull practical jokes on people. They laugh like hyenas at each other when the jokes are barely mildly amusing. I hate it. My son loves it.


I love it. My Mam hates it so much she demands I change channel as soon as she hears a MICROSECOND of their (admittedly annoying) hyena-like laughter.
Deewank wrote:By the way I gave you some Jelly Tots for your birthday and you didn’t give me ANYTHING

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 60313
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12
Location: One quake away from beachfront property
Contact:

Re: practical jokes

Postby sloopjohnc » 29 Sep 2017, 17:51

Mick Rickenbacker wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:There's a whole cable TV show devoted to these, Impractical Jokers, where four buddies from New York do dares with each other and pull practical jokes on people. They laugh like hyenas at each other when the jokes are barely mildly amusing. I hate it. My son loves it.


I love it. My Mam hates it so much she demands I change channel as soon as she hears a MICROSECOND of their (admittedly annoying) hyena-like laughter.


I'm your mom and my son is you.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

User avatar
!!VAPRANT!!
hounds people off the board
Posts: 14446
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: practical jokes

Postby !!VAPRANT!! » 29 Sep 2017, 17:55

:o
Deewank wrote:By the way I gave you some Jelly Tots for your birthday and you didn’t give me ANYTHING

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 14233
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: practical jokes

Postby kewl klive » 29 Sep 2017, 18:05

Time for a spot of BCB matricide I reckon.
Lonely Kal wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily.

Ho Ho Hodgson wrote:I know you think I pick on you.

Baldy K wrote:I'd love to meet Jeemo (no idea if he'd like to meet me).