practical jokes

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare
hounds people off the board

Re: practical jokes

Postby Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare » 01 Apr 2018, 22:22

I meant to ask about these things, really:

TG wrote:The best thing I can say about it is it’s not prog.

K

Postby K » 01 Apr 2018, 22:28

“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

Ray K.

Postby Ray K. » 06 Apr 2018, 18:07

We were staying at remote lake house a couple of years ago. It was on an island in the middle of the lake.... maybe one other house on the small island. The property had wifi speakers outside the house. We didn't really use them the first day or so and I'm not sure anyone in the family was actually aware of them. The second night I found some sounds online... footsteps, cracking branches, whispering, etc... Around 11:00 or so I excused myself to the bathroom and played the sounds through the speakers. The family was not amused (once I gave up the ghost).

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 09 Apr 2018, 23:52

In high school, we had a friend I'll call Ed, because he was named Ed. He had a really nice 60s MG convertible.

During Friday night house parties with 50-100 kids in a house, we'd pick an opportune time to slip out and move Ed's car blocks away from where he parked it so when he'd leave with a bit of a beer buzz on he couldn't find it. He'd have to walk blocks to find the thing to get home.

One time, a friend of mine took his distributor cap so he couldn't start it. That one was pretty cruel, but it was kinda funny to see him Monday morning at school and listen to him tell how long it took to find his car.
OCT wrote:Roger Waters is a cunt and his music is fucking shit.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 11 Apr 2018, 10:57

sloopjohnc wrote:
HALLELUGAH wrote:I feel certain I have already written this before, and to be honest I'm not sure where the fine line is between "things people do to each other when drunk" and "hilarious practical jokes".. but..
Years ago -1988 I think - I was at a rather spirited party in Brighton. I think Moddie may have been there - in fact, he may even have been responsible - I am not sure. Anyway, I had fallen asleep at a party on the floor where I had been very eager to get on intimate terms with a chap called Robin. Robin, I recall, was not interested. I awoke the morning after the party and could see by the clock that it was 8am. My coach back to Bradford, a once-a-day or miss it deal, was due to leave at 9.30. I got my sorry self up, picked up my bag and ran out of the house and down the street.
In those days, my hair was pillarbox red and I had a big nose ring and doc marten boots up to my thighs. I ran down the road, braless, and passers by stopped and stared. Full of punk individualism fury, I glared at them all. Yeah? What? Never seen a punk before? Everyone backed off. I thought my cider breath must have been rank. Got to the bus station, ran into WHSMITH for some chewing gum. Lady behind the counter stared at me wide eyed. Yeah, yeah, I thought. PUNK lady, PUNK.
I got aboard the National Express. Every passenger I passed on my way to the back looked up at me in horror. I felt vindicated in my punk rock lifestyle. You're all TOTAL SQUARES I mouthed very unquietly.

I fell asleep on the back seat till we got to Leicester. I woke up and yawned and went to the lady selling butties at the front and got a cheese and tomato butty. I flirted a bit with the guy in front of me who seemed un-square, but seemed to find me revolting. Right then, I thought. Sod you. The lady handed me my sandwich with a furrowed brow.
In Bradford then, and I had no bus money left so I walked the four miles from the train station to my house. This involved going through an area of a high proportion of people who had moved from Pakistan. I smiled at everyone on the way up what was my usual thoroughfare -my main road if you will - and shopkeepers stared. I resolved to write an angry poem about it, or something.

I got home, busting for a piss. I ran into my bathroom. I snuck a glance of myself in the mirror as I went past. Knickers halfway round my ankles, I stopped still and tracked back and stood in front of the mirror.

As I had laid soused on the floor, someone had taken a marker pen and drawn a huge swastika on my forehead, "cut here" markings around my neck, and a rather impressive penis entering my mouth, complete with anatomically intricate hairs and vasculature, with a speech bubble from the other side of my mouth declaring "yum yum, lovely come!"

if Geraint is responsible, I will pay his rent for the rest of the year. That's awesome.

I mean, spirited.

:lol: First I've heard of it and no I wasn't responsible. I do remember Robin though, a very earnest anarchist type!

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 11 Apr 2018, 12:58

A good few years ago there as a compilation on TV of 'Game for a Laugh' type programmes from around the world.

One of them, from the Middle East, featured the perpetrators visiting a busy shopping centre dropping a briefcase before running off screaming or throwing a rucksak at a group of people and again running off with their fingers in their ears.

I bet there's some people that won't see the funny side of that these days.

Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare
hounds people off the board

Postby Bumblecorn Cats Nightmare » 11 Apr 2018, 15:31

Fuck knows why anyone would find it funny even 'a good few years ago'!
TG wrote:The best thing I can say about it is it’s not prog.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 11 Apr 2018, 15:58

Well - quite.