beef

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

..

YEAH regular like
10
38%
sometimes, yeah
11
42%
fucking hell NO
5
19%
 
Total votes: 26

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32779
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: beef

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Sep 2017, 22:39

Count Machuki wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:The only red meat I eat with any regularity is pork.


:?


I googled it and apparently it is red meat
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: beef

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Sep 2017, 22:54

PENK wrote:Now and again. We don't eat meat that much, because it's expensive to get good quality, reliable stuff, and because it's not too healthy to eat it that often, but a burger or pasta sauce now and again is good.

I ate horse the other day, incidentally. It was really good - but this was at a top-class restaurant, rather than off a supermarket shelf.



Horse?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 17034
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: down the rabbit hole

Re: beef

Postby clive gash » 05 Sep 2017, 23:06

The Great Defector wrote:
PENK wrote:Now and again. We don't eat meat that much, because it's expensive to get good quality, reliable stuff, and because it's not too healthy to eat it that often, but a burger or pasta sauce now and again is good.

I ate horse the other day, incidentally. It was really good - but this was at a top-class restaurant, rather than off a supermarket shelf.



Horse?


It's an animal with four legs and a tail, think of a more athletic, graceful cow with a longer face.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?


User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32779
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: beef

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Sep 2017, 23:07

It's quite common in Japan. I had some over there and it was very good
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
Dr Markus
Posts: 17670
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: beef

Postby Dr Markus » 05 Sep 2017, 23:08

neville harp wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:
PENK wrote:Now and again. We don't eat meat that much, because it's expensive to get good quality, reliable stuff, and because it's not too healthy to eat it that often, but a burger or pasta sauce now and again is good.

I ate horse the other day, incidentally. It was really good - but this was at a top-class restaurant, rather than off a supermarket shelf.



Horse?


It's an animal with four legs and a tail, think of a more athletic, graceful cow with a longer face.


Ah right, yeah.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63781
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: beef

Postby sloopjohnc » 06 Sep 2017, 00:16

Goat Boy wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:The only red meat I eat with any regularity is pork.


:?


I googled it and apparently it is red meat


Pork is still classified as a red meat because it is a livestock product, like beef, lamb and veal, and all livestock are classed as red meat. The amount of myoglobin (an oxygen-carrying protein) in animal muscle determines the color of meat; pork contains less myoglobin than beef, but it contains more than chicken or fish, even though the meat considerably lightens in color when cooked.Chicken and turkey are classified as white meat, beef, lamb and pork are classified as red meat.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 27529
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: beef

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Sep 2017, 00:28

You know your meat! :P
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 38611
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: ~84 bpm

Re: beef

Postby Count Machuki » 06 Sep 2017, 02:37

But pork was marketed as "the other white meat"
Marketing wouldn't lie to me, would it, sloop?
Would it?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
algroth
Posts: 5453
Joined: 04 Apr 2010, 03:12

Re: beef

Postby algroth » 06 Sep 2017, 04:57

PENK wrote:Now and again. We don't eat meat that much, because it's expensive to get good quality, reliable stuff, and because it's not too healthy to eat it that often, but a burger or pasta sauce now and again is good.

I ate horse the other day, incidentally. It was really good - but this was at a top-class restaurant, rather than off a supermarket shelf.


Yeah, horse is great. Suprisingly tender and rather sweet too.

User avatar
Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short
Posts: 20751
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:59
Location: Marineville

Re: beef

Postby Nikki Gradual » 06 Sep 2017, 11:37

Love beef. Eat far too much of it, and red meat in general.
Had horse out of curiosity a couple of times (and I suspect a few more when I thought I was getting cow). I liked it, but the people I was with were horrified that I could eat something that they considered to be more akin to eating your pet dog than a cow.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Joe Baxter
Posts: 134
Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 10:22

Re: beef

Postby Joe Baxter » 06 Sep 2017, 11:55

I love beef, I eat a steak every week or so and do a beef casserole in my slow cooker every week - that gives three meals, one for tonight, one for tomorrow night, and one for the freezer.
That said, it's chicken which is cooking today while I'm at work.

User avatar
Insouciant Western People
Posts: 24653
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 13:31
Location: The pit of propaganda

Re: beef

Postby Insouciant Western People » 08 Sep 2017, 11:11

Goat Boy wrote:It's quite common in Japan. I had some over there and it was very good


I tried horse meat in Kazakhstan a couple of years ago, at a buffet thing. It was good as I recall.

On the subject of slightly out of the ordinary food, I've tried reindeer and whale meat in Norway.

I was offered bull's testicles at a barbecue place in Pakistan but I demurred.

And on my visits to China I haven't a clue what I ate at some meals with work contacts. They just spooned stuff on to my plate, and it could have more or less been anything.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 15633
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: beef

Postby Jimbo » 08 Sep 2017, 14:36

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63781
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: beef

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Sep 2017, 16:40

Count Machuki wrote:But pork was marketed as "the other white meat"
Marketing wouldn't lie to me, would it, sloop?
Would it?


I remember that campaign.

And "lie" is a strong word.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
sloopjohnc
Posts: 63781
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: beef

Postby sloopjohnc » 08 Sep 2017, 16:43

A long time ago, a friend of mine and I had just finished playing hours of basketball and w were hungry so swung by a Jack In the Box close by.

Outside, there were some people picketing with signs that said, "Jack in the Box uses horse meat."

We looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders, and said, "Eh," meaning how much different could a horse burger or taco be.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!