How sexist are you?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
mission

Re: How sexist are you?

Postby mission » 04 Sep 2017, 06:09

I was brought up in a house of women (yes, in a city of heat that gave its children faith in the fables of coral and fish) and, as such, am remarkably sexist.

I think, as far as it's possible to lump people together based on just one shared characteristic, that women are far better than men in every possible metric of human nature that really matters.

I also think men still greatly benefit from societal structures built or begun when being physically strong mattered.

I also think men benefit from the fear, unacknowledged or otherwise, that comes with being physically stronger.

I also quite like being on the right side of this shitty equation but not ti the point where I would do anything to preserve it.

In short, yes, I am sexist in that I knowingly benefit from a sexist society without doing much to change that.
Good.

Nick

Postby Nick » 04 Sep 2017, 11:10

Still Baron wrote:As for me, I don't really know how sexist I am. I try to be nice to people, but I wouldn't be so confident about flatly saying I'm not sexist or whatever. I'm not the best judge of that.

What he said.

I try to be courteous and act with respect and good manners towards everyone, and not to ever be crass, rude or condescending no matter who I'm speaking to. Beyond that, it's not something I worry about much, because to put it bluntly, once you start getting into the minutiae of that stuff it's very easy to find yourself utterly lost and hopelessly second-guessing yourself.

With some people the way I behave will manifest itself differently.There are considerations I'll bear in mind when speaking with, for example, a woman, or a person of a different race to me, or a disabled person, that I would't necessarily have in mind when talking to another man.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 04 Sep 2017, 11:22

The best answer I can give is....ask the lass
Harvey K-Tel wrote:After reading this thread all I can think is thank fuck I'm not Copehead. I can't imagine being that tedious. People would fucking hate me!