Kim Wall, death of Swedish journalist

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Tactful Cactus

Kim Wall, death of Swedish journalist

Postby Tactful Cactus » 23 Aug 2017, 13:38

Fucking hell!

First paragraph:
Danish police have identified a headless female torso found in the Copenhagen waterside as that of Swedish journalist Kim Wall, who police believe was killed on a homemade submarine.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... t-kim-wall

The Modernist

Re: Kim Wall, death of Swedish journalist

Postby The Modernist » 23 Aug 2017, 13:41

It's like something out of a Scandi-noir isn't it?

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 23 Aug 2017, 14:08

It is absolutely dreadful.

Going by comments from her family, she was a beautiful, bright, and caring person. And she was very, very attractive.

It's a grim story. For the moment I think: why on earth did she agree to go with a suspect man on a private submarine trip?

What a shabby and horrifying way to come to the end of your life. Words fail me.
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 23 Aug 2017, 14:23

He's not a "suspect man" - he's a highly respected inventor - a minor celebrity in Scandinavia. She had every right to assume that this was a normal assignment, that - unlike with Mike Pence - she should be able to be alone in a room with a man. Are women just supposed to avoid any and all associations with men alone? And this was a journalist who'd travelled to some pretty high-risk areas.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 23 Aug 2017, 14:30

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote: why on earth did she agree to go with a suspect man on a private submarine trip?

Because it's her job.
I'd like to think that a female journalist should be able to take this sort of assignment without any risk.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Aug 2017, 14:44

Geezee wrote:He's not a "suspect man" - he's a highly respected inventor - a minor celebrity in Scandinavia. She had every right to assume that this was a normal assignment, that - unlike with Mike Pence - she should be able to be alone in a room with a man. Are women just supposed to avoid any and all associations with men alone? And this was a journalist who'd travelled to some pretty high-risk areas.

Exactly.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Aug 2017, 14:48

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:It is absolutely dreadful.

Going by comments from her family, she was a beautiful, bright, and caring person. And she was very, very attractive.

It's a grim story. For the moment I think: why on earth did she agree to go with a suspect man on a private submarine trip?

What a shabby and horrifying way to come to the end of your life. Words fail me.

If only words had failed you. Don't you ever stop peuking the first words that come into your flabby brain?

What on earth was she thinking? This could all have been avoided. And gosh she was attractive. Oh my. Yes sir.

But she didn't THINK IT THROUGH. Ah well.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 23 Aug 2017, 15:18

^^^^^ great post. Thank you. wrote:

If only words had failed you. Don't you ever stop peuking the first words that come into your flabby brain?

What on earth was she thinking? This could all have been avoided. And gosh she was attractive. Oh my. Yes sir.

As expected. No further comment.

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 23 Aug 2017, 15:19

Geezee wrote:He's not a "suspect man" - he's a highly respected inventor - a minor celebrity in Scandinavia. She had every right to assume that this was a normal assignment, that - unlike with Mike Pence - she should be able to be alone in a room with a man. Are women just supposed to avoid any and all associations with men alone? And this was a journalist who'd travelled to some pretty high-risk areas.

Thank you. I misread the condensed story - and I'm too late to set things straight.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Aug 2017, 15:27

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:

As expected.
With further comment:
Twat.

Dr Markus wrote:

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 23 Aug 2017, 15:29

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:

As expected.
With further comment:
Twat.

Odd, for someone who doesn't know me in real life.

Why do you suffer so much because of my comments? This is where it is interesting.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Aug 2017, 15:35

Please take your appalling pseudo psychoanalysis babble somewhere else. Aren't you busy working on several scientific papers?
Though if you apply the same rigour to them as you do to your careful reading of a news story before deciding that a murdered woman may be at fault for doing her job, you might as well go back to bed, sunshine.

Dr Markus wrote:

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 23 Aug 2017, 15:50

Putin did it.
persona non grata among those who worship at the altar of conventional wisdom

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 23 Aug 2017, 15:59

^^^^^ great post. Thank you. wrote:Please take your appalling pseudo psychoanalysis babble somewhere else. Aren't you busy working on several scientific papers?
Though if you apply the same rigour to them as you do to your careful reading of a news story before deciding that a murdered woman may be at fault for doing her job, you might as well go back to bed, sunshine.

I see you aren't able to read correctly. You are severely troubled by overinterpreting also. Your conclusion about my post is entirely false.

Or it was wilful, with the aim to start shouting at me again, as you did so many times.

Anna, this is unnatural. I never attacked you in these ways.

Finally, I'm just puzzled. Your words never hurt me in any way, but they are intriguing.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 23 Aug 2017, 15:59

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*slaps head*
German Dave wrote:Have a long hard look in the mirror will you

Thang-y

Postby Thang-y » 23 Aug 2017, 16:02

I'd be interested in hearing more about the guy they think did it. They're reopening an investigation on another torso murder, that article says.

I feel sorry for the people who loved her, it doesn't sound too likely the truth will come out, and knowing her body was treated like that. Poor people.

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 23 Aug 2017, 16:15

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:As expected. No further comment.

As expected.
With further comment:
Twat.

Imagine you two stuck on a submarine together

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 23 Aug 2017, 16:31

Are you sure you meant Mike Pence? I don't think anyone's ever accused Mike Pence of sexually assaulting women. Or sexually assaulting anything, for that matter.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 23 Aug 2017, 16:31

Thang-y wrote:I'd be interested in hearing more about the guy they think did it. They're reopening an investigation on another torso murder, that article says.

It's a weird one for sure. Eccentric inventor kills women on his homemade submarine.
I think as a plot it would be too unrealistic for fiction. It's macabre.
Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 23 Aug 2017, 16:34

sloopjohnc wrote:

Are you sure you meant Mike Pence? I don't think anyone's ever accused Mike Pence of sexually assaulting women. Or sexually assaulting anything, for that matter.

Recently, a Washington Post article about second lady Karen Pence has brought the Billy Graham Rule back into the public eye. The article cites a 2002 interview with Vice President Pence — who has called himself an “evangelical Catholic” — saying that he “never eats alone with a woman other than his wife,” and that he doesn’t attend events serving alcohol unless she is with him as well.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!