Rant about anything

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Rant about anything

Postby Nikki Gradual » 21 Aug 2017, 21:07

Right, a friend sent me a link to a Vice article. I am not even sure what Vice is, but the article was the most half-arsed unresearched bunch of up-its-own-arse worthless toss I have ever read. It was so bad, so opinionated – while clearly having not bothered to have even googled its subject and learn anything of the first two thirds of his career – that it provoked a miracle: me feeling sorry for Noel fucking Edmonds.
I genuinely fucking despair: shit like this is the new truth.
Worst of all, having endured this 2FC over 2 tirade of rubbish, I noticed there was nowhere for me to comment on what a crock it was, or any way for me to get in touch with the "author" Megan Nolan to point out how pathetic it was.
So this is the future thanks to the internet – an endless stream of shite without even the traditional recourse to set the record straight. Bunch of fucking arse. I fucking hate the world as it is at the moment and the people running it. It is pretending to be the most liberal it has ever been, but it is 1984 for real.
For those interested, the article (the one that thinks Noel Edmonds' career started with House Party, but is really just about being a smartarse and not bowing to something as transient as truth) is here: https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/gyy5 ... id-reality

Rant over, your go.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Deebank
Resonator

Re: Rant about anything

Postby Deebank » 22 Aug 2017, 09:52

Nikki Gradual wrote:Right, a friend sent me a link to a Vice article. I am not even sure what Vice is, but the article was the most half-arsed unresearched bunch of up-its-own-arse worthless toss I have ever read. It was so bad, so opinionated – while clearly having not bothered to have even googled its subject and learn anything of the first two thirds of his career – that it provoked a miracle: me feeling sorry for Noel fucking Edmonds.
Worst of all, having endured this 2FC over 2 tirade of rubbish, I noticed there was nowhere for me to comment on what a crock it was, or any way for me to get in touch with the "author" Megan Nolan to point out how pathetic it was.
So this is the future thanks to the internet – an endless stream of shite without even the traditional recourse to set the record straight. Bunch of fucking arse. I fucking hate the world as it is at the moment and the people running it. It is pretending to be the most liberal it has ever been, but it is 1984 for real.
For those interested, the article (the one that thinks Noel Edmonds' career started with House Party, but is really just about being a smartarse and not bowing to something as transient as truth) is here: https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/gyy5 ... id-reality

Rant over, your go.

It's actually not a lot worse than a very similar preview of Cheap Cheap Cheap in the Guardian a couple of weeks ago. It is lazy and it does love itself (and tackling Noel fucking Edmonds is fish in a barrel territory) but I've seen worse.

I liked this bit about Mr Blobby:

During a show in Luton in 1994 he threw a little girl's birthday cake on the floor and was punched by her father. Mr Blobby theme-parks lay disused and graffitied as the 90s ended.

Punching Mr Bobby! :lol: It could only happen in Luton.

And now I come to think about it, "theme parks" - there was only one and it was a 'Crinkley Bottom' theme park rather than a Blobby one.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Aug 2017, 13:41

I fucking any "anything". It's such a lazy fucking word.

used to refer to a thing, no matter what:

"nobody was saying anything"
Or "Nobody said nuffink" - see, easier!

•used for emphasis:
"I was ready for anything"
or "I is up for this" - far easier.

•used to indicate a range:
"he trains anything from seven to eight hours a day"
or "Cunt's always training, fucking wannabe".

fuck "anything".
Last edited by Dr Markus on 22 Aug 2017, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 22 Aug 2017, 13:57

^^^ Top rant!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Aug 2017, 13:59

Harvey K-Tel wrote:^^^ Top rant!

Thanks Harv.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 22 Aug 2017, 15:32

Harvey K-Tel wrote:^^^ Top rant!

I fucking any anything, too!
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Aug 2017, 17:13

Nikki Gradual wrote:Right, a friend sent me a link to a Vice article. I am not even sure what Vice is, but the article was the most half-arsed unresearched bunch of up-its-own-arse worthless toss I have ever read. It was so bad, so opinionated – while clearly having not bothered to have even googled its subject and learn anything of the first two thirds of his career – that it provoked a miracle: me feeling sorry for Noel fucking Edmonds.

Rant over, your go.

Vice even has its own channel and is partly funded by Bill Maher. I agree with everything you wrote - it comes at every story with a preconceived hypothesis of what it's going to report, then lo and behold, their reports support those hypotheses.

I have a liberal bent, so I'd like to believe what they report, so it's hard to not just accept and put my own beliefs aside.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Aug 2017, 17:19

Rant over, your go.

I don't know who Megan Nolan is but I'm willing to bet that she has a short blunt fringe, heavy lipstick and somewhere there is a picture of her leaning against a brick wall.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 22 Aug 2017, 17:32

^^^^^ great post. Thank you. wrote:
I don't know who Megan Nolan is but I'm willing to bet that she has a short blunt fringe, heavy lipstick and somewhere there is a picture of her leaning against a brick wall...

...in the suburbs.

:)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 11 Sep 2017, 22:27

I think my job is too expensive.

Since starting this job in August
I have had to pay
£425 to the GMC, just to be able to work
£170 for a mandatory course

Next month I will have to pay
£600 for a mandatory professional exam (1st part of 3, with a pass rate of 30%, which means the odds are that I will need to pay this again)

And now I've just been told I have to pay the Specialty college another £200 pounds this year.

Of course, the NHS has decided that they have staggered the job start dates, which means I will have to go 2 months without salary at the same time
£1300 pounds are due.
Half my salary already goes to pay back my medical school fees, and the rest is not enough to cover this.
How am I supposed to eat?
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Sep 2017, 22:31

hippopotamus wrote:I think my job is too expensive.

I have had to pay

£600 for a mandatory professional exam (1st part of 3, with a pass rate of 30%, which means the odds are that I will need to pay this again)

And now I've just been told I have to pay the Specialty college another £200 pounds this year.

Of course, the NHS has decided that they have staggered the job start dates, which means I will have to go 2 months without salary at the same time
£1300 pounds are due.
Half my salary already goes to pay back my medical school fees, and the rest is not enough to cover this.

I usually over make everything I make in my slow cooker.

I can send you the overflow every weekend in some airmail tupperware.

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 11 Sep 2017, 22:37

sloopjohnc wrote:

Aww!
That's the nicest offer I've had in a long time.
I promise to wash the tupperware and get it back to you, on my next day off in January.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 11 Sep 2017, 22:40

hippopotamus wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

Aww!
That's the nicest offer I've had in a long time.

You might not think so once you take a taste after it's arrived. You might want to hold off on the gratitude.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 11 Sep 2017, 22:43

I want to rant, but I feel that my concerns don't really warrant such a reaction and I also haven't had enough to drink.
I run out of talent

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 Sep 2017, 22:59

How about this Equifax debacle? And three of the executives cashed in $millions worth of stock when they knew it was hitting the fan. :evil: Then they were willing to give people free credit monitoring for a year but you had to give up the right to be a part of any class action suit against them! They finally took that out when the complaints started piling up. As someone at the NYT said, they had one job to do and they failed. They should be hing in the city square.

This is related to my little adventure with US Bank's credit card section chronicled elsewhere. :twisted:

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 12 Sep 2017, 11:46

hippopotamus wrote:I think my job is too expensive.

I have had to pay

£1300 pounds are due.

Why do you have to go without salary if your job has already started?
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

gash on ignore
cultural defective

Postby gash on ignore » 12 Sep 2017, 12:15

I like Vice, some fine writers in the gonzo lineage. Very (intentionally) Brass Eye at times.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I could of course be talking bollocks... let's see what any musicians have to say

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 12 Sep 2017, 13:01

Fresh herbs are so damned expensive. Basil, Parsley. Even worse is the off broadway stuff like Thai Basil. Ridiculous! At least I recently found a Bay tree in the hood. Found a Rosemary tree a while back too.
king of the divan

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 14 Sep 2017, 17:35

I recently found out that some awful Dutch pranksters are using a drone with razor-wire attached to it to attempt to decapitate a giraffe in a zoo by flying it back-and-forth along its neck! I am absolutely appalled!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 14 Sep 2017, 18:16

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to listen to conversations that begin with the word 'so' and this phenomenon is everywhere. NPR, Radio 4, people in cafes, restaurants, bars, on the street, people I listen to at work. I see people starting FB posts with it. I had to cut short a phone call the other day because the person wouldn't stop saying it. I get emails that begin with it. Someone please help me. I'm going mad.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?