Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 22546
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Copehead » 05 Aug 2017, 02:10

TL;DR wrote:Oh I remember everything - the lies and the backtracking- I'll do this when I'm sober.
See you later!


Get your ducks in a row, good thinking.

Sleep well
Wounds are all I'm made of; Did I hear you say that this is victory?


Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector
Posts: 28433
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 06 Aug 2017, 01:13

Gosh, I was drunk.
Ah well - while I'm here. That thread, summarised:

C: Trump is lecherous, he's a powerful man and that's worse, I've only ever seen a drunk French rugby player try score a personal best of going round kissing women in Whitley Bay, he got punched, me and my mates watched him wandering around doing it etc, he was a bit pathetic
Me: (Writes long piece about a history of growing up getting hassled in nightclubs and on the street, the effect it has, finished it with some foul words to C)
C: Yeah I'm not reading that
Absolutely Everyone: You're a dick and you should
C: *puts fingers in ears* blah blah blah blah, uses the words "Millie Tant" several times, sinks quite spectacularly, exceeds himself, you could say

Several posts later, with no support for his stance whatsoever, it occurs to C that he's not really coming across as the chap that he would wish to.
He changes tack:

Me: So, did your friend get punched?
C: Yeah anyway I wrote that when I was drunk, it didn't happen like that, I exaggerated, a few women said "Gerroff" etc
Me: He didn't get punched?
C: No

This was the superb bit. C, having written a perfectly comprehensive, typo-free detailed account of the evening in question, somehow was so drunk that a shooing away with the hand became a punch. Strangely enough, it was the one crucial detail of the story, too. Because at some point, even C had the snap to realise that if he said that his friend was being punched, it was because his friend had pissed people off. Something that C and his pals bore witness to repeatedly. That he was excusing away.

Even without going into the back scrabbling - "trying to kiss as many women as possible to see who would kiss back" became "kissing them on their hands" (every guy likes to be kissed back on the hand eh, phwoor) - and there was SO much back scrabbling -it was quite a descent.

We've all done things that we're ashamed of, and can look back at behaviour we wouldn't dream of carrying out now. It's the recognition of that maturing process that forms us into thinking people, capable of reflection. It wouldn't have killed C to say actually, that was probably a grim situation. But he stuck with his buddies and pals and in the end, modified his story rather than say there was anything a bit off about his story. So in the end, C had more in common with Trump than he thought.:D

Interesting to look at objectively though - it's how these behaviours go on and on and on.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 22546
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Copehead » 06 Aug 2017, 04:19

Obviously that is far to long to bother with but I really hope I didn't call you Millie Tant, that would be dreadfully mean.
Wounds are all I'm made of; Did I hear you say that this is victory?


Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 24220
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 13:31
Location: Up late at night again

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Nick » 08 Aug 2017, 15:14

echolalia wrote:
Nick wrote:Zionism as a movement was from the start dedicated to the liberation of the Jewish people, and the re-establishment of a Jewish homeland in the historic land of Israel. Whether you agree with it or not, it should be recognised as such.

But that gets us nowhere because Zionism means much more nowadays, doesn’t it? As in “aggressive expansionism”.

I read an article in the LRB a few years ago about the reasons the Israelis were winning the land war and the Palestinians losing it and it’s still relevant to the Zionist issue today: the Palestinians invoke all these noble abstractions in their defence such as property and liberty and rights, and make grand statements in the United Nations and the civilized world applauds, while the Israelis quietly serve writs on the Palestinian communities they wish to evict, and wage a war of legal attrition on the poor fuckers until the bulldozers are sent in – because it says so on the piece of paper. Maybe that’s what “Zionism” means to some people? Is your understanding of it better than theirs?


What we were talking about, and most importantly what Ken Livingstone was talking about, was Zionism in the 1930s.

It's in essence an argument about history. What people perceive Zionism to be now is irrelevant to the debate we're having here, surely?
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 24220
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 13:31
Location: Up late at night again

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Nick » 08 Aug 2017, 15:17

Copehead wrote:I have had it with your mealy mouth smearing of the left with all the vices of the right.

It is dead cat politics straight out of the Lynton Crosby hand book and it is foul scummy stuff and if you want to sink in to the shit with those sorts of creeps, low lifes, real racists, crypto-fascists and Tories that is your look out.

Nice company you keep.

When you did your little bit bit about "standing up for the Jews" whilst desperately trying to smear the political party that has done that since its inception ( and anyone else suffering racists attacks ) I think I sicked in my mouth a bit.


As usual you've quickly run out of anything with which to counter my arguments, so you've fallen back on your customary schtick of hurling silly insults and hysterical accusations.

Sit down man, you're a bloody disaster :lol:
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29777
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Aug 2017, 15:55

The Copehead drinking game

Down a double whisky every time Copehead uses the phrase “straw man”

Drink a pint of snakebite every time Copehead accuses you of getting your information from The Daily Mail

Down a gin and tonic Every time Copeahead accuses you of being right wing

Down a shot of sambuca Every time Copehead calls you a “thick cunt”

Down a shot of tequila every time Copehead says the Manic Street Preachers are the “greatest British band of the last 30 years”

Down a rum and coke every time Copehead does that annoying multi quotes thing
Copehead wrote:I was helping out the victims of virtue signaling in the Ghettos before this was even an issue in the wider world.

User avatar
Harvey K-Tel
Long Player
Posts: 38745
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 08 Aug 2017, 16:00

It's been nice knowing you.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29777
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Aug 2017, 16:04

*hic*
Copehead wrote:I was helping out the victims of virtue signaling in the Ghettos before this was even an issue in the wider world.

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 24220
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 13:31
Location: Up late at night again

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Nick » 08 Aug 2017, 16:07

:lol:
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

User avatar
The Modernist
Posts: 8719
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby The Modernist » 08 Aug 2017, 16:10

Mind you, he won this particular argument.

User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 15727
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby The Great Defector » 08 Aug 2017, 16:11

Goat Boy wrote:
Down a double whisky every time Copehead uses the phrase “straw man”

Drink a pint of snakebite every time Copehead accuses you of getting your information from The Daily Mail

Down a gin and tonic Every time Copeahead accuses you of being right wing

Down a shot of sambuca Every time Copehead calls you a “thick cunt”

Down a shot of tequila every time Copehead says the Manic Street Preachers are the “greatest British band of the last 30 years”

Down a rum and coke every time Copehead does that annoying multi quotes thing



That's not fair, you drink that during your lunch hour.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29777
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Aug 2017, 16:20

The Modernist wrote:Mind you, he won this particular argument.


I think you posted this on the wrong thread, G. It's the Fast Food one you want
Copehead wrote:I was helping out the victims of virtue signaling in the Ghettos before this was even an issue in the wider world.

User avatar
R. Swipe
hounds people off the board
Posts: 13647
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: pursued by the enraged queen

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby R. Swipe » 08 Aug 2017, 16:24

oh you guys are so MEAN!
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
Your essay needs to be in before 5.00 tomorrow Dougie.


:D :D :D

One of the finest replies in BCB's history.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 29777
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Aug 2017, 16:25

Well I am BCBs 5th biggest cunt ever, bitch
Copehead wrote:I was helping out the victims of virtue signaling in the Ghettos before this was even an issue in the wider world.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 22546
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Copehead » 09 Aug 2017, 01:05

Nick wrote:
Copehead wrote:I have had it with your mealy mouth smearing of the left with all the vices of the right.

It is dead cat politics straight out of the Lynton Crosby hand book and it is foul scummy stuff and if you want to sink in to the shit with those sorts of creeps, low lifes, real racists, crypto-fascists and Tories that is your look out.

Nice company you keep.

When you did your little bit bit about "standing up for the Jews" whilst desperately trying to smear the political party that has done that since its inception ( and anyone else suffering racists attacks ) I think I sicked in my mouth a bit.


As usual you've quickly run out of anything with which to counter my arguments, so you've fallen back on your customary schtick of hurling silly insults and hysterical accusations.

Sit down man, you're a bloody disaster :lol:


Arguments? You don't have fucking arguments you have Daily Mail headlines; you know the people who supported the Black Shirts as they tried to march down Jewish Cable Street but were stopped by the left wing people of the East End in the 1930s.

You may not realise that you are doing it but this is just page one of Lynton Crosby's play book: smear your opponents with your own vices. In this case racism but we have also had it with misogyny ( a brick went through a window in a rundown part of Liverpool and a woman had an office there ) and homophobia ( Momentum picketed a meeting a lesbian attended because someone else was there ).

Are you deranged enough to think Ken Livingstone is a racist? I doubt it, but you will try and smear him by association to make it look like he is.

Which is worse really.

And all because the Labour Party has returned to its pre-Blairite policies of Social Democracy you big cry baby.

God it must make you angry that this move increased Labour's % of the poll by 30% .

Join the fucking Tories if that is what you want to vote for, it looks like over 40% of the population are happy with a European mainstream Social Democratic party even if you aren't.

Why are you even interested in what a retired, minor Labour politician thinks about Zionism in the 1930s or Venezuela, do you comb the media to find out if Cecil Parkinson has said anything you can pretend to find outrageous?

The only reason you care is because you think you can use him as a stick to beat Jeremy Corbyn with because you don't like the path he has taken the Labour Party down even though many millions of people do. Deny it.

Transparent and rather sad.
Wounds are all I'm made of; Did I hear you say that this is victory?


Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 24220
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 13:31
Location: Up late at night again

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Nick » 09 Aug 2017, 10:02

Copehead wrote:The only reason you care is because you think you can use him as a stick to beat Jeremy Corbyn with because you don't like the path he has taken the Labour Party down even though many millions of people do. Deny it.


I do deny it.

I'm not going to deny that I'm appalled by the people in charge of the Labour Party at the moment. If millions of people disagree with me, that's fine, they're entitled to their opinions. But just because a lot of people think something, that doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

My dislike of Corbyn, McDonnell and Milne etc is not the reason that I take issue with a lot of things that Ken Livingstone's said though. The reason I do that is that I think he's dead wrong, and that what's he said and done on several occasions has brought Labour into disrepute. I don't think I've argued any differently on this thread. I've never said that I think Labour is full of anti-Semites or Jew-baiters, to name just one of your silly accusations thrown at me.

It's pointless trying to argue with you, because you're not interested in debate, and you've shown that many times. All you do is rant, sneer, fling accusations, and hector and insult your opponents.

What you almost never do is engage with people's rational arguments.

You're like a hysterical old woman, clutching your pearls in fright, and pointing and shrieking in faux outrage because someone has a different opinion to yours.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

User avatar
kewl klive
cultural defective
Posts: 13957
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: Petrus inhibito pompus

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby kewl klive » 09 Aug 2017, 11:35

Can't wait until 02:15 for the response #stoked
Diamond Dog wrote:RIP Jake. A tough, tough, tough man. A man you really didn't want to get into a street brawl with.


Hodgson wrote:John posted a picture of me which he'd doctored nastily


User avatar
The Great Defector
Posts: 15727
Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 18:16

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby The Great Defector » 09 Aug 2017, 19:05

More slight debate on here that there's has been in ages. Not fully blown debate, but better than nothing I suppose.
Loki wrote:You Brit boys are so contentious!

User avatar
Nit Picking Prick
funky thigh collector
Posts: 28433
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Nit Picking Prick » 09 Aug 2017, 19:12

The Great Defector wrote:More slight debate on here that there's has been in ages. Not fully blown debate, but better than nothing I suppose.


Yeah
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 22546
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Copehead » 09 Aug 2017, 21:18

.
Wounds are all I'm made of; Did I hear you say that this is victory?


Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.