Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Nick

Re: Livingstone being slightly offensive again.

Postby Nick » 11 Aug 2017, 14:10

Goat Boy wrote:I don’t profess to understand all the different types of Zionism but I certainly don’t consider myself a Zionist. I think it was/is an incredibly flawed idea.

Do you iron, like the lion?
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

German Dave
Utter Cad

Postby German Dave » 11 Aug 2017, 14:16

Goat Boy wrote:I don’t profess to understand all the different types of Zionism but I certainly don’t consider myself a Zionist. I think it was/is an incredibly flawed idea.

Apologies - I realised as soon as I'd typed that that I was probably talking through my hat.

Nick, I'd have thought it was obvious. A Jew being more ready to criticise Israel and its illegal landgrab than certain gentiles?

As for the article, I think Rosenberg's most important point is his inside track on the machinations of the GLC grant making operations of the early 80s and why he thought the self-appointed community leaders hated Ken so much.

It also leavens much of the moral outrage expressed by various quarters at the time whilst not giving Livingstone a free pass.
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.

German Dave
Utter Cad

Postby German Dave » 11 Aug 2017, 14:19

Nick wrote:
Do you iron, like the lion?

He's never seen an iron in his life. Other than in a set of golf clubs
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.

Nick

Postby Nick » 11 Aug 2017, 14:32

Pat O'Banton wrote:Nick, I'd have thought it was obvious. A Jew being more ready to criticise Israel and its illegal landgrab than certain gentiles?

I haven't said anything about that subject. How do you know what my views are on it?

It probably also depends on what you're defining as an illegal landgrab. Israel itself? The Golan Heights? Settlers in the West Bank?

Also, I think it's a pretty tenuous point, about him being a Jew and me not. People don't necessarily think a certain way because of their race or religion.

Pat O'Banton wrote:As for the article, I think Rosenberg's most important point is his inside track on the machinations of the GLC grant making operations of the early 80s and why he thought the self-appointed community leaders hated Ken so much.

It also leavens much of the moral outrage expressed by various quarters at the time whilst not giving Livingstone a free pass.

That is a useful insight, from his time at the GLC. Although I do know many people who were annoyed by what Livingstone said, and who thought he was dead wrong, who had nothing to do with the GLC in the 80s, nor the Jewish Board of Deputies. Me, for example.
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.