Five late night ones

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Re: Five late night ones

Postby sloopjohnc » 01 Aug 2017, 23:00

Copehead wrote:When you go to the cinema, do you buy popcorn? What kind? If not, why not?

I go to the cinema to watch a film not eat, even at home I just sit and watch.
I broke this rule for LOTR TFOTR and bought a cup of chili peanuts and then vomited like a dog for hours afterwards about 30 mins after I had got home.
I learnt my lesson

TMI on the vomiting like a dog.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 01 Aug 2017, 23:13

sloopjohnc wrote:
Copehead wrote:When you go to the cinema, do you buy popcorn? What kind? If not, why not?

I go to the cinema to watch a film not eat, even at home I just sit and watch.
I broke this rule for LOTR TFOTR and bought a cup of chili peanuts and then vomited like a dog for hours afterwards about 30 mins after I had got home.
I learnt my lesson

TMI on the vomiting like a dog.

Wasn't that the original lyric to A Hard Day's Night?
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 02 Aug 2017, 00:05

When you go to the cinema, do you buy popcorn? What kind? If not, why not?
No. I go to the cinema to watch a film. I am an insufferable old git I know, but I hate it when my wife and kids make it obvious that the film is secondary to them, and far more important is taking that 90 minute window to squeeze an extra meal into the day via popcorn, nachos and all sorts of other unpleasant, overpriced shit that ruins the movie for everyone around us.

Do you ever brush your tongue with your toothbrush?
Have done, but don't routinely.

When was the last time you saw kids playing hopscotch?
No idea. It's one of those things you still see on telly, but you don't see on real life.

Whereabouts do you situate yourself to cut your toenails?
Edge of bath to cut them, but I pick them constantly wherever I am when no one is watching. Shhhh!

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest score and 10 the highest, what rating would you give yourself of the likely end result if you were forced to make an igloo?
10. I would make that igloo and it will be perfect. It will also be preceded by the 999 rubbish igloos on which I learnt my trade, but that was not the question.
He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 02 Aug 2017, 00:14

Nikki Gradual wrote:
No idea. It's one of those things you still see on telly, but you don't see on real life.

Assuming "real life" doesn't include a school.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 02 Aug 2017, 00:21

Positive Passion wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:

I have taken my girls to their school every day for the past six years. Never once seen hopscotch. Aren't even any chalk marks to suggest it has ever happened.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 02 Aug 2017, 00:42

Nikki Gradual wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:

I have taken my girls to their school every day for the past six years. Never once seen hopscotch. Aren't even any chalk marks to suggest it has ever happened.

Not doubt, no doubt, but every school I have been in the last three years (which is simply the period during which I have regularly found myself in schools during their morning or lunch time break) has hop scotching kids wearing holes in the asphalt with their continual games. These were mainly primary schools.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 02 Aug 2017, 00:46

Positive Passion wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:

Not doubt, no doubt, but every school I have been in the last three years (which is simply the period during which I have regularly found myself in schools during their morning or lunch time break) has hop scotching kids wearing holes in the asphalt with their continual games. These were mainly primary schools.

Good for you, but your experience is not universal. Might be better to just accept that.

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 02 Aug 2017, 08:06

Nikki Gradual wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:

Good for you, but your experience is not universal. Might be better to just accept that.

:lol: Neither is yours. Most primary schools have a hop scotch pitch as part of the play ground; it's part of the usual asphalt, including the "skip, run, jump" diagrams.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 02 Aug 2017, 09:09

Not for me. The children have sweet popcorn if they are there.

Occasionally.

Well, it was (my) teenagers, a couple of weeks ago.

Bathroom, foot on the side of the bath.

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest score and 10 the highest, what rating would you give yourself of the likely end result if you were forced to make an igloo?

Have I had any previous instruction? 1 if not, 4 if so.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 02 Aug 2017, 10:47

K wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:

:lol: Neither is yours. Most primary schools have a hop scotch pitch as part of the play ground; it's part of the usual asphalt, including the "skip, run, jump" diagrams.

I have done some extensive and highly scientific research via a comprehensive focus group. Here are the results:

Charlotte (10): "There is one but I have never seen anyone use it. We prefer more violent games." :o

Lucie (8): "What's hopscotch?"

Harvey K-Tel
Long Player

Postby Harvey K-Tel » 02 Aug 2017, 13:51

Hopscotch contention!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 02 Aug 2017, 14:42

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Hopscotch contention!

Too fucking right, we're way past namby pamby non-issues like veganism.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 02 Aug 2017, 15:15

I do for my son, but I'm a pick n' mix kinda guy. I love the white/pink chocolate mice, and the feeling that you may be having a sugar-induced coronary. Popcorn? As if. Why would I sit through some animated bollocks and eat a salad.

By accident, or on purpose? Never on purpose.

I have seen it, but I know not when.

Edge of the bed. Wherever the web-cam can get the best light.

If there were instructions, and I could have two attempts, I'd get an 8. I generally need a trial run, but then I'd be pretty good. I bet there'd still be four screws left over at the end, and one bit that I couldn't be bothered adding.
Saving my holier-than-thou nonsense for a more deserving cause since '82

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 02 Aug 2017, 15:45

Nikki Gradual wrote:
K wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:

I have done some extensive and highly scientific research via a comprehensive focus group. Here are the results:

Charlotte (10): "There is one but I have never seen anyone use it. We prefer more violent games." :o

Well that is incontrovertible and I stand corrected. I love a bit of focused analysis.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Aug 2017, 18:19

Nikki Gradual wrote:
K wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:

Anecdotal at best.
Bride Of Sea Of Tunes wrote:I for one wouldn't want to know what memories and deep and dark forces drive Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, or Radiohead, for certain.